**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hulkbuster beta... and that's it?

DrakeDrake Posts: 101
We got Venom and Carnage. We got Spider-gwen and She Hulk. We got Colossus and Old Man Logan. After an extra long wait in between revamps since the first ones, we get... just the one?

This is the first revamp that they've only done 1 champ. This is very, VERY disappointing, especially considering the length of time in between the Colossus and OML revamps (Aug 2019 release) and when this one will apparently go live (June we were told?) So we should expect to get to see one champ redone every 10 months going forward? You have literally dozens of trash champs that you're dumping into the 6 star crystal and while I understand it's not reasonable to expect all of them to be made awesome, I think a pair of duds every 4 to 6 months isn't unreasonable. I was especially hopeful that we'd be seeing 3 champs in this revamp (the second and third place vote getters of Netflix DD and Iron Man classic) since it took so incredibly long to get news about the beta following the vote. This is exceedingly disappointing. Groot... Iron Fist... Iron Patriot... Iron Man... Superior Iron Man... Joe Fixit... Falcon... Magneto (both)... Diablo... Venompool... Miles Morales... Juggernaut... Unstoppable Colossus... Howard... Doctor Strange... Cyclops (both)... Captain America (classic)... Karnac... Moon Knight... Black Panther...

There are so many champs that just make your heart sink when you get stuck with them. And as the game progresses, more and more will become comparatively bad. Pun2099, and Kingpin, and Green Goblin, and King Groot are getting worse day by day. Please commit to giving us something to look forward to out of the glut of worthless junk we get more frequently than 1 every 10 months.

Comments

• DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    edited March 2020
    What's the point of your reply? I didn't claim we were promised anything different. I didn't claim we were lied to or cheated. Just doing some cheerleading? :p

For the sake of comparison, we voted for Colossus, and later they chose to do OML also. Either way, my post is advocating for a couple of dud champs redone every 6 months at minimum. Would you like to see that, or not? They don't need you to tell everyone it's ok that they're doing less than they have to. ;)
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 101

It's great to see 2 at a time, but it's more dependent on time. I'd just look on the bright side and expect HB to be pretty good since its just one this time.

Let's hope. HB deserves better!
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I wish they didn’t update oml. dpxf needs it so much more. I’m glad they aren’t adding anyone else that we don’t want updates for to further delay the process.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The main factor is manpower.

In between then and the rework now, what content has been introduced and needed manhours to have them worked on?
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    edited March 2020
    Agree with Neotwism
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    They might have a surprise buff with HB like they did with Gamora. I hope they do.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    These rebalances are labor-intensive. Which is one of the reasons why they've started doing minor tweaks periodically. They take time, energy, and resources which are also needed other places in the game.
    Smash said:

They might have a surprise buff with HB like they did with Gamora. I hope they do.

HB's rebalance has been a topic of conversation for several months. Don't think it'll be a surprise.
    Smash said:

Caino1023 said:

Smash said:

HB's rebalance has been a topic of conversation for several months. Don't think it'll be a surprise.

You missed what I said. I’m saying when they buff HB they might buff someone else like when they did Gamora. Gamora was not announced and was a pleasant surprise.
    Ah. you're right. I apologize
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    As long as I can feel happy taking my HB to R2 I don’t mind, so far I’ve liked all of the reworks.

Don’t forget AoL, 6.4 must have taken a decent chunk out of their calendar, especially as the Grandmaster is an entirely new champion with his own complex mechanics rather than just repurposing existing models.

Would have loved to see another champ slipped in though. You never know might announce one out of the blue.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Would have loved to see another champ slipped in though. You never know might announce one out of the blue.

Magneto. Magneto. Magneto. *Repeat to infinity*

• mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    If there is a surprise, it won’t be Magneto. Most likely would be the same class, as it always has been with these reworks. The champ would be IP or OG IM. It would probably be IP, considering he was on the update vote list a long time ago. I suppose Howard the Duck is also a possibility in that case, but there is an armored man theme here.