**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

"With 6* coming, you'll earn more 5* shards than before"

2»

Comments

• Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    We've also introduced the Grandmaster Crystal, which has a rare chance at a 5-Star Champion.
    Ok, so are you telling us the spending money/units for a very common chance to get nothing else than a garbage/useless 3s is one of the way to get more 5s???

Thank you.

All you need are 37 of those useless 3* to get a 4* (assuming all are dupes and no max sig crystals). Then you only need 37 of those 4* to get a 5* (once again assuming all are dupes and no max sig crystals). That's only 1,369 crystals to get your 5*. 1,369 GMC x 200 units a piece is only 273,800 units. You can have your very own 5* for a low price of 88.3 Odins or $8,830. What a steal!

Don't forget the $560 you will need to spend for 4 t2a catlayst (current going rate is $70 for half a catlyst) to rank your new 5* up.
  • Options
    MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    SlowDigz wrote: »
    No t2a in 5.3?

Nope!
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    We've also introduced the Grandmaster Crystal, which has a rare chance at a 5-Star Champion.
    Ok, so are you telling us the spending money/units for a very common chance to get nothing else than a garbage/useless 3s is one of the way to get more 5s???

Thank you.

All you need are 37 of those useless 3* to get a 4* (assuming all are dupes and no max sig crystals). Then you only need 37 of those 4* to get a 5* (once again assuming all are dupes and no max sig crystals). That's only 1,369 crystals to get your 5*. 1,369 GMC x 200 units a piece is only 273,800 units. You can have your very own 5* for a low price of 88.3 Odins or $8,830. What a steal!

Don't forget the $560 you will need to spend for 4 t2a catlayst (current going rate is $70 for half a catlyst) to rank your new 5* up.

Compared to how much it will cost for a 5*, that's just pennies on the dollar.
  • Options
    BluuurrrrBluuurrrr Posts: 38
    After everyone opens a batch of grandmaster crystals they will just forget about them and never buy another so it isn't quite making them more common
  • Options
    Oh, don't kid yourselves... back when they first said it, Kabam had every intention of making 5* shards more accessible. That is, until all the big spenders came out against their horribly received 6* plan and stopped spending money...

Now, they're trying to pull back the reigns and slow the "watering down" process so they can try to reassure the whales that their huge investments won't be devalued so much, so quickly.

No matter how you look at it, it doesn't seem to be working out very well.

I have to laugh at comments like this. The "whales" aren't against 6* because of the reasons you list. It's because they also want more 5* shards, more t2a and especially t5b first just like you. The biggest complaint I have heard from everyone regardless of how much they do or don't spend about 6* is that we cannot even fully rank a 5* yet. This calendar, the monthly quest, and worst of all act 5.3 have done nothing to change that for anybody.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Just please tell us you are adjusting War rewards make us happy

They said they would look at them later on. First they have to get it implemented and running.

That's the only part of aw that needed to be adjusted so that it's worth spending units and resources to stay in tier 1 or top 50.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Just please tell us you are adjusting War rewards make us happy

They said they would look at them later on. First they have to get it implemented and running.

That's the only part of aw that needed to be adjusted so that it's worth spending units and resources to stay in tier 1 or top 50.

The entire War System needed a revamp either way. It hasn't been changed since they added Expert Tier.
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★

Thank you.

I am just wondering who decided 37 dupes was to be the magic number to form a crystal of the next * level.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited September 2017

Thank you.

I am just wondering who decided 37 dupes was to be the magic number to form a crystal of the next * level.

One 4* dupe gives 275 5* crystal
    So duping 37 4* gives

36*275 = 9900 shards (excluding Max sig crystals)

37th dupe will give you enough for a 5*
  • Options
    The direction is only the deal. You wanna change for 5s? Buy units for buy GM Crystal.
    You wanna make a 5s r4? Spend money for 18k Alpha2 shards.
    Chapter 3 of act 5 "still whitout Alpha2 or shards Alpha2" in rewards!!!
    The quantity of shares in glorystore and the chance for daily crystal are too low for a veteran advanced player.
    Rank a 5s is more accessibility? No, is a joke.

No more money for you Kabam.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    The biggest complaint I have heard from everyone regardless of how much they do or don't spend about 6* is that we cannot even fully rank a 5* yet. This calendar, the monthly quest, and worst of all act 5.3 have done nothing to change that for anybody.
    I agree that complaint is more common among the broader player population, but it's actually a small part of what I'm talking about.

Devaluation.

The guys who spend the most money are upset because the rosters they've spent thousands of dollars on have been devalued with the introduction of 6* champs. They've spent thousands to build up 300K accounts that they haven't even been able to truly enjoy, yet (like you said)... and now they're being devalued by something more powerful than what they've already invested in.

It was in Big B's post here on the forums (the new car example), it's what Crus had stated in an interview with Rich the Man (see here: https://youtu.be/1_TWgRT_AwY ), etc, etc... I see it over and over again.

Like it or not, the money the "whales" spend is what keeps the game free or mostly-free for the rest of us and when they stop spending it makes an impact on everyone.

I have a 470k account, does that make me a "whale" or just somebody who has been playing for a long time? If so the only thing I see devaluing my account is the lucky guy pulling full 5* for 200 units from gm crystals instead of grinding and saving for them like the rest of us had to. I have plenty of 5*, I don't see them being devalued much by 6*. If anything is getting devalued it is the newer and completely free to play accounts that are still relying on their 4*s which are now the new 3*. Also, the fact I have not been able to get any real progression in this game for close to a year now is getting old. People should have max 5* on their rosters before 6* are even thought about. Getting really sick of not being able to rank up the champs I already have is my main problem with all of this. Kabam should have addressed that first. All honesty I am just getting bored at this point and considering moving on from MCOC to other things.
  • Options
    Hey I'm not complaining
  • Options
    Am running tow accounts too just to save stuff on the new one...and complete my mistakes
  • Options
    How long is it to have a 5 star hero