**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What’s going on with champion rebalancing?

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
So a few months ago we had the first round of this roll out, and let’s be honest, the buffs have had nearly 0 effect, all they did was make namor more annoying to play and maw a nightmare in act 6, so due to the bad reception and lack of change from these as a whole has he idea been scrapped or are you sending out another round? Haven’t heard anything on them for months

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

They said they didn't have plans to do this again but it's never out of the realm of possibility. I'd say no news is good news

Ok, thanks, must’ve missed that message, I agree, they just didn’t work
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

They said they didn't have plans to do this again but it's never out of the realm of possibility. I'd say no news is good news

Ok, thanks, must’ve missed that message, I agree, they just didn’t work
    Miike said it in one of the main threads. Too many comments to pick through but you could probably find it in his comment history.

We didn't say we're scrapping it (balance changes are never going away, and the more content added to a game, the more important they become), but we are not sure how we want to proceed at this time.

We have some questions we need to answer on our end before we can move forward with any kind of balance changes again.

So they’re all basically delayed until the way they need to be done is figured out?
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★

We didn't say we're scrapping it (balance changes are never going away, and the more content added to a game, the more important they become), but we are not sure how we want to proceed at this time.

We have some questions we need to answer on our end before we can move forward with any kind of balance changes again.

Can I make a suggestion?
    First, just leave all present heroes as they are.
    As for new heroes, release them with the message that up to x months (ie - 5 months), they may be re-balanced. After x months has past, good or bad, the heroes stay as is. That way kabam can see real world testing of the hero and players dont have to waste resources before time expire, fearing that their new hero will be re-balanced down
    edited April 2020
    doctorb said:

Can I make a suggestion?
    First, just leave all present heroes as they are.
    As for new heroes, release them with the message that up to x months (ie - 5 months), they may be re-balanced. After x months has past, good or bad, the heroes stay as is. That way kabam can see real world testing of the hero and players dont have to waste resources before time expire, fearing that their new hero will be re-balanced down
    That's not the way it works. Plus they are free to change anything and everything when they want. Obviously thats not going to happen but technically it could.

But essentially it's how data is collected for balance changes we have had. That's why those champs got selected from the newest one because of how they preformed.
    Lvernon15 said:

So they’re all basically delayed until the way they need to be done is figured out?
    I'd say so.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The only one I consider to be a miss is Maw. The rest were tweaked as per their intentions. The end goal wasn't to make them all God Tier, or viable options for End-Game. Just to fill in some gaps and/or large discrepancies. They're tweaks rather than full-scale rebalances.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think the better focus would be content more specifically geared towards using Champs that are commonly on the shelf, rather than so much energy towards readjustments. Not that reworks should be stopped. They're only as "useless" as their applications.
    zZayTtay said:

The only one I consider to be a miss is Maw. The rest were tweaked as per their intentions. The end goal wasn't to make them all God Tier, or viable options for End-Game. Just to fill in some gaps and/or large discrepancies. They're tweaks rather than full-scale rebalances.

The Human Torch change did nothing and the Namor change was just questionable.
    Human Torch is pretty bomb, TBH. The Namor change was explained. Across the data they analyzed, he had Regen that was higher than the Damage he was taking basically. It's about the rate over time, not just the amount he could Regen at once.
    I think no matter what reason is given, if they lower something or take something away, people aren't going to like it. However, that's part of readjustments. It's not always additive.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

zZayTtay said:

The Human Torch change did nothing and the Namor change was just questionable.
    Human Torch is pretty bomb, TBH. The Namor change was explained. Across the data they analyzed, he had Regen that was higher than the Damage he was taking basically. It's about the rate over time, not just the amount he could Regen at once.
    They also failed if they wanted Namor to be used more or just have a little tweak because most players no longer use the champ and the change wasn't that significant either way. Leaving the champ alone is the best option in my opinion.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    zZayTtay said:

Question... is Nova, Surfer, and Terrax in the radar?
    Silver Surfer isn't bad. he's just not god tier like everyone wanted but both Terrax and Mole man are terrible in the new meta. With my current roster they have no use.

Annihilus hardly changed, no more use than before, same with cull, has the same issues same strengths and weaknesses, AMA was a certain miss, just made him a horrible fighr, I guess namor hit the point but that wasn’t a change anyone wanted, I see why the changes are tough, if they change little you have this situation, and if you change a lot you have potential (and justifiable) uproar as a champ people have spend hours and days to get or thousands of pounds on gets nerfed, it’s a tough thing to balance tbh but the first set was an overriding fail imo
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think the better focus would be content more specifically geared towards using Champs that are commonly on the shelf, rather than so much energy towards readjustments. Not that reworks should be stopped. They're only as "useless" as their applications.

I guessing you're more referring to balances and less complete re-works. Like I can't imagine what they could put in the game that would make me want to use my Iron Fist over any other armor break champion.

Some champions just need to be completely overhauled to make them relevant again. Others could surely be brought into the meta if they became counters to new champs
    zZayTtay said:

Question... is Nova, Surfer, and Terrax in the radar?
    Not sure why'd you even ask that given what Miike just said. What about his comment made you think they've even selected champs to rebalance given they aren't even sure how to proceed with it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The Namor change to his regen was pointless and took away the only other good part of his kit other than his sig ability.
    kfd2010 said:

I guessing you're more referring to balances and less complete re-works. Like I can't imagine what they could put in the game that would make me want to use my Iron Fist over any other armor break champion.

Some champions just need to be completely overhauled to make them relevant again. Others could surely be brought into the meta if they became counters to new champs
    Well I suppose complete reworks would still be necessary, but there are also ways to create content that makes use of Champs that aren't used so much as opposed to so much time into redoing them. Naturally they would also want to focus on newer Champs, because that's a huge part of what fuels the game. I think there's room for both to occur.
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    My lord, if they touch Doom I can see everyone going ballistic 😂

Putang76 said:

NERF DOOM!

Do it.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Putang76 said:

NERF DOOM!

#YOLO
  • ZakaarLordZakaarLord Posts: 3
    Buff Magneto! ... Pretty please? :)
    H3t3r said:

Putang76 said:

NERF DOOM!

#YOLO
    I remember the YOLO in Chat. Times were better then. No one was scared to leave the house. Toilet paper as far as the eye could see.