**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursions: Ultron’s Domain - Now Commencing April 8th!

Comments

• iRanjaniRanjan Posts: 64
    I have a question. Please help

In my first run I cleared zone 8, sector 7.

When you do a re-run, is there a way to jump to the zone where you got thrown out or do you have to start from zone 1 again?
  • Restart from Zone 1 again, just like start in Room 1 in prior Dungeons.
  • Samdingo75Samdingo75 Posts: 65
    @Kabam Vydious i just did a run in sector 5 & I got a message saying I was not eligible for any rewards but my roster is very diverse from 1* champs to my 5* champs... I have done some sector 6 so is this the reason for not getting those artifacts & shards because I thought you could do any & all sectors within the month to get all possible rewards offered
  • RebornMVPRebornMVP Posts: 49
    Wait when do the incursions end? At the end of the month or later?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    RebornMVP said:

Wait when do the incursions end? At the end of the month or later?

They restart every 5 days all month long.
  • RebornMVPRebornMVP Posts: 49
    Thats good to know however will incursions be a thing next month as well?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    RebornMVP said:

Thats good to know however will incursions be a thing next month as well?

In the live streams they were a part of they said they would be permanent. So that just means they'll always be available and milestones will be on a 5 day cycle and top room rewards on a 30 day cycle
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So the more I’ve thought about this game mode and the more I want to be really into it but can’t I’ve tried to figure out what’s missing and I feel like there is a huge missed opportunity here.

I would love this to be a game mode that I get a dedicated partner and learn to run deep into the content with. Even willing to spend my earned units on to achieve that. I think it’s a simple problem really when you boil it down.

You see essential what’s has been built here is a “raid” type function for the game that many looter type games have. Granted there aren’t intricate “puzzles” there are interesting node combination that both the attacker and the defenders get that serve a similar purpose. One you can use strategy/builds with partners and different champs combination between them to penetrate deeper into the content and eventually beat the content end to end.

Problem is this will take many hours to perfect and play through. Not just in one run but to really figure it out over time and figure out what combination works best for you and your teammate you will need to spend countless hours learning and tweaking in order to get better.

Now I’ve spent an absurd amount of hours learning raids in various games and perfecting them for flawless runs that take no time at all. The reason though was simple... they gave me endgame gear when I beat them and made me better in game. Even rng based where I would have to grind multiple times to complete a set but I kept coming back because the endgame gear was there.

And that is were the problem lies here. There isn’t a single endgame carrot in this content. You have extremely difficult challenge in later rooms with nothing there that would make me take the time to learn and perfect this content in order to get though those later rooms. No big milestones to work towards. Just the same old 500 5* shards for all the other room.

The YouTube streamers will play this and push into the later room and some hardcore players will too. But I doubt the average player will play this content like that. They will collect there milestones and early rooms and then wait until the next milestones. The shards will be a bonus but they won’t be regularly challenging themselves into the later rooms.

Unfortunately that makes this just like dungeons albeit a little more fun but still with no sizzle and I think it will fizzle right out just like dungeons. Without an endgame carrot in the later milestones there is no motivation. After one loss why would I play for another 60 minutes just for 500 5* shards?

The answer is I won’t just like my alliance mates and just like most people I’m friends with in game. We will push act VI/abyss instead every time.

You have an opportunity for an awesome endgame game mode here that people can get into monthly as a challenge and push through. You just need to put something there for us to try and achieve in putting that work in other than “I did it”. The challenge is clearly there from what I’ve seen in streams so I don’t know why we wouldn’t have something there fitting the challenge to make us put in the time and units to beat it monthly.

The change is as simple as adding larger milestones after zone 10 in sector 7 at every 5 intervals with some more exciting rewards for people to work toward. They can be rng based crystals but some sort of rewards to work toward and to keep coming back for. Also it needs to be endgame focused to justify the effort needed and like the Act VI rewards people are looking to 6* these days whether you want them to be or not.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I would like to see two changes. The rewards need a buff, and drop the one crystal purchase limit. The first ever dungeons we were told we could buy more than one and that turned out to be false. it's been one ever since. Why can't we take more than one shot at the champ we really want?
  • MadMax578MadMax578 Posts: 7
    Hi all, anyone know if artefacts are still limited to how many you can hold onto (like dungeon artefacts were limited to 55,000)? Am not overwhelmed by some of the incursion crystals so may hold off until next round to pull any but don’t want to waste any artefacts.

Have done a search on forums but couldn’t find anything about incursions specifically on this question. Also didn’t watch the Q&A on YouTube so aware it may have been answered there. Thanks in advance
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Are there any plans for incursion special objectives?
  • King_of_Games_King_of_Games_ Posts: 11
    Is anyone else having an issue with Sector 6 not having any artifacts or rewards other than gold? Next room also shows no new rewards. Is this a known issue? @Kabam Miike Thank you!
    We finished Zone 1 and went into Zone 2 but are waiting to see if this is something that can be corrected prior to champs being released. To confirm, we did not start until the new incursion timer refreshed to 5 days. Any help is appreciated @Kabam Miike

• R these rewards supposed to be reset?
  • **pic of Top Zone Bonus**
    R these rewards supposed to be reset?

NO, the Top Zone Bonus resets every 30 days (see opening Announcement on Page 1 here). Think of them as month-long Peak Reward for highest Zone you’ve achieved during the month.

It’s the Milestone Rewards that reset every 5 days.
    LOL, figured this out after the fact. Thanks @SummonerNR
  • Samdingo75Samdingo75 Posts: 65
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos why are sectors 1-5 rewards not available... why do I only get the rewards for sectors 6 & 7 ???
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Anyone know the cool down for 6*s off hand? My Ghost still has nearly 2 days it says, but I could have sworn I used her on day 1 or 2 of the last cycle. Is it really that long of a cool down? Could have sworn I heard it said in the initial BG/Lagacy test stream that 6* cool down was not longer than the cycles themselves.
    Edit: Just went back to check. It was almost exactly 4 days ago. That puts the the cool down at 6 days?
  • Will we get some rewards when incursions end?
  • I'm looking for incursions partner. Willing to do maximum zones in sec 7. My in game is mixter1208
    Dm in game.
  • LATheBoyLATheBoy Posts: 21
    I can't wait!!!
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    This incursions baffles me or is bugged, I ran it first day 7 days ago, then first day of the next run was bugged and I got stuck in there for 24 hours, now I just ran 7 rooms and the reward is showing 600 gold? Am I missing a visual of the real rewards, or is it bugged, these rewards make no sense to me
  • HaidoHaido Posts: 3
    I’m stuck in Incursions with dumb player don’t even know how to get out(Conclude incursion) from there. Pls do something about that, I can’t start new one If he don’t conclude or he just did for purpose. Pls fix this ASAP. I miss two times already all rewards .
  • Turtle200000Turtle200000 Posts: 9
    For incursions I think that the top zone bonuses should be reworked because I have top zone bonuses in room 6 and 7 and my top three champions are an 18k rating together with a max 4*
  • Turtle200000Turtle200000 Posts: 9
    Markjv81 said this is the best game mode ever introduced hands down.
    I also believe this is true but it still has many bugs that need to be fixed.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    After both playing and thinking about Incursions for a while now, I think the one major mode suggestion I would make, and granted it is possible this may be too resource-intensive to implement, is to allow players to run more than one Incursion at the same time.

The lack of timers means the mode opens a giant door to allowing players to play more asynchronously. If I'm in an Incursion with a friend and I need to stop for some reason, we can always take a break and pick it up later. That's a huge improvement over Dungeons. But the catch is we're both locked into that Incursion until it is completed. If I take a break I'm locking my partner up, which is not ideal. If we could take a break from it, and still match and play with others while that Incursion is "on hold" it would allow players even more flexibility with the game mode. You could theoretically start an Incursion with multiple friends and alliance mates and just check in on them periodically, in much the same way a player might play AQ or AW: do a move, message your path buddy, and then check in when they get a chance to move.

Dungeons were 100% synchronous. You had to be playing with someone else, continuously, in real time, with basically no breaks. Incursions are asynchronous: you don't both have to be playing at the same time,. but you can only have one at a time. So as a practical matter playing asynchronously has some issues. If you could hit pause on one Incursion run and do another one that would both allow for more friendly Incursion runs and also partially address the problem of one random Incursion partner disappearing. They might come back, they might not. But you don't have to just exit the moment the guy stops responding, you could try to keep the run alive while you go do another one. It doesn't address the issue of cooldowns, but it does free you up to do another run without exiting.

As an aside, while there is a way to exit a stuck run, clearly the fact that so many people ask about it suggests that this needs to be made more obvious in the interface.

It is interesting to me that I mostly see people play Incursions the same way they played Dungeons: with both players playing together in real time pushing simultaneously. And while the original intent might have been for Incursions to be played that way, but with some softening of the restrictions, I see the potential for asynchronous runs to be a more "casual" way to play them that might appeal to players who were getting burned out too quickly on Dungeons. I personally think Incursions are better than Dungeons when it comes to burn out, but asynchronous mode Incursions might be even better, and allowing multiple runs to be active might help make that mode of play more viable.
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    edited April 2020
    besides the fact that rewards are being meh, there is another problem with incursions, is the time .

It takesforever to get to later rooms , and the reason is the health pool of the opponents @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra , i believe the problem that was missed is that u get the same buffs in early rooms as u get in later/difficult rooms , u facing opponents with different health and attack but u have 20% attack buff for example in room 2 and u also get the same buff 20% in room 12, 15 17 for instance , those buffs u collect along the run in later zones are becoming meaningless,they should be increased, more powerfull.

U should be able to get better buffs in later rooms , to have a fair chance to win , the opponents health and attack raises exponentially , they should be scaled to help players to finish fights quicker in later zones, it took lagacy almost 7 hours to get to room 25 with his partner, that's because the buffs u get in later zones are the same u get in earlier ones, u can kill quickly an opponent with 100k health but u not gonna do it against opponents with 400k and up plus buffs and extra difficult nodes added to them , the mission becomes impossible and honestly pointless, no one will stay 7 hours to get through mln health defenders, just for some extra shards.

This should be reevaluated @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra , incursions are time consuming , it's wrong to have to play 7 hours to get there, not mentioning the amount of resources it might take, if u made incursions are field where players can experience big damagethen let \us feel that against one mln opponents not only 100k health , adjust the buffs for later zones so going for zone 25 can make sense and to be fun, otherwise we have 25 zones for youtubers who make videos for likes, cause regular player base will ignore it
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Gotta say. I love the revamped system of Incursions. It definitely is more fun compared to the previous iteration of Dungeons...

However, it is a little more time consuming than previous dungeons. Last dungeons was boring but quicker. Incursions are fun but longer. To be honest, I’d rather do the quicker version because it takes less time. Might I suggest reducing the milestone requirements to alleviate that?

Another thing: Top Zone Rewards. This was great the first week it was introduced. But as I said before, because of how long Incursions are, pushing for zones after 10 doesn’t really seem worth it after the 3rd run or so during the month. So if the top rewards can be refreshed more frequently than 1 month it might make the 1+ Hour incursion run worth it.