**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let’s give some love to Kabam

I know Kabam gets a lot of hate but I think they’ve don’t really great over the last year:

- The renewal of the feeling green event
- The mole man side quest
- This month’s side quest
- Introduction of some really outstanding champs
- Variant 4

It’s time to give a shout out to the company that makes this game we all love

Let’s give some love to Kabam 95 votes

Agreed - Kabam has been hitting it out of the park recently
69%
samalasravanjojodeth101TheVyrusege999menMorbidCuriosityBuckylives2_0DragonMCOCSceptilemaniacDuke_SilverThecrusher_9756RaikisDrDeadpoolRepto23Wicket329rcm2017SummonerNRBowTieJohnheartbreakid_22doctorbJChanceH9 66 votes
Meh - it’s good, not great
16%
invasian82kvargaGK_23Sundance_2099Lvernon15F317TimrosPizzabeatMaster3418Panchulon21ChampioncriticAleorlowlevelplayerCaptainGamezZayTtayTheMailmann 16 votes
I still have a healthy distrust for them
13%
SnakeEyes69DarthVadidSpity68jdrum663Mqc19Thecurlerch4rnRemeliFF10NotadruglordorplugAlexBossuTheToxicCactusKobster82 13 votes

Comments

• Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    I literally came to the forums to start a similar thread. I'm very appreciative of the new improvements made by Kabam. With incursions we have access to more gold without arena farming and im having a lot of fun with them. The solo objective crystals have good rewards with either shards and large iso. The side events have been phenomenal these last 2 months and i just am really thankful. Keep it up Kabam!
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Defintley those revives were a big help for me completing 6.4
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    While there has been some issues, since jan they have upped the game. As someone who isn't UC i don't have a lot of 5* shard opportunities, but i've gotten one this month and i'm at 9k already, i'll have three and be halfway to a fourth by the end of the month, thank you kabam! (even though your unit offers are still stinking money grabs and the cost for stuff it too much, its okay. not really, but i can be grateful)
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    They are absolutely on a roll this year.

Lunar New Year event
    Squirrel Store
    Love is a Battlerealm 3 II
    Mole Man Expeditions
    Feelin Green
    Act 6.4
    The Grandmaster fight
    Baron’s War
    Incursions
    Feelin Green 2

And probably more that I missed. Absolutely phenomenal start to the year from Kabam. A nice break from how a lot of other things in the world aren’t going so well.
  • CotziCotzi Posts: 90
    Yeah it was really humble
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I think Kabam's been doing very well recently. The energy calendar was super nice while it lasted, and before I even remembered that had ended the revives event started up as a very, very kind accidental gesture to us. I mean, the event the first time around was absolutely bonkers - twice is almost too much! That, and Incursions, which are probably the best game mode for me in game right now, mean they've been doing excellently.

I know that there's something going on with AW and Flow tactics, and I'm not exactly in the group that's been affected by that, but I certainly hope that they get that resolved soon. Wouldn't want anything that big raining on their hot streak.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Let me suggest a few areas that could benefit from rework...

One would be solo events as they relate to players who are more or less beyond the 4* phase of the game. Prizes like this one...

...don’t have much relevance to a player at that level. And yet this pretty much represents the entirety of top solo event prizes. Boosts are always welcome, as are units and revives, but there is zero incentive to push for 4* sig stones or Greater Solo crystals or T3c crystals.

Proposed Change: Replace the Greater Solo for Cav and nice with Cavalier Solo Event Crystals that reward relevant items, e.g. 5* sig stones, T1a/T2a shards, units, gold crystals, non-arena boosts, 5* arena boosts. Or add something else more tailored to that level of player—as it is, I suspect most upper level Summoners score just enough in some events to hit the first few milestones and skip the rest because rank prizes are irrelevant.

Likewise, anything other than loyalty (which has its own issues) and boosts from AW crystals is unlikely to be very useful. A lone chunk of T3 class ISO or a L1 team heal potion for 325 health does little to assist a player who has just run AW with R4/5 5*’s and R2/3 6*’s. And—AW crystals seem like the last place to have the “thrill of victory/agony of defeat” aspect of pRNG.

Proposed Change: Restrict the items in AW crystals to loyalty, significant chunks of ISO/gold, AW boosts and more significant heal pots. Fine if you put the better stuff in the Victor crystal, but take out the L1 solo heal pot that won’t even allow a champ sufficient health to block a single hit in AW. Or just make the crystal an AW boost crystal and add extra stuff to the winner/loser amounts.

Cav Solo Objectives: this is a nice addition overall. If the purpose was to create a backdoor way to introduce more gold, it has worked—I sold ~160 T5 generic ISO lumps last week, which did return a fair amount of gold. Nearly all of those lumps were from solo objectives crystals opened over previous two weeks. Beyond the generic ISO (which must be the most common drop by a long shot), I may sometimes get a couple of T1a or the occasional something else. 9K gold is another common drop, which is welcome but barely a drop in the bucket when considering 5/6* champ requirements. 5/6* shards are clearly the top item—the amounts there feel about right given the amount of work to get the solo objectives done (excluding doing a pair of LoL fights or Act 6 paths, which is pretty LOL since you can wind up with total junk).

Proposed Change: Up the amounts. Add other stuff: glory, loyalty, low level rankup gems, revives, units...anything to spice them up. Maybe even consider adding a higher level crystal with better prizes when the objective is more difficult. After a few weeks, these start to feel like more stuff that just piles up but isn’t necessarily needed.

Just a few thoughts to elaborate on my mostly positive assessment of the game. I don’t think it’s fair to criticize without proposing alternatives.

I also realize there’s no obligation to give any prizes at all for playing—but I’m also not foolish enough to miss the point that prizes and incentives are also a way to keep people engaged and in-game, which is after all the point.

Comments and critiques welcome...these ideas may be completely wrong-headed, especially since I’m looking at this from the perspective of an account with 19 6*’s and ~120 5*’s. Not “endgame,” but also not a noob.

Dr. Zola
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    Worst month for me in the last 3 years that i have played this game.
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    How about they address major issues from the past year?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Meh - it’s good, not great
    All this stuff is great yes, but what about the bugs that have been here over a year and they just go and dismiss, the emergency maintenance with no word on compensation and the bs with defence tactics, they do some good stuff but it always seems to be matched with bad