**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank up?!?! 5 star r4 or 4 star r5?

2»

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    I am noob and very interesting to hear both sides of the views exchange.

I suppose the question for noobs like me to ask is whether to invest (hard to get) resources on a Champ which gives additional benefits in game play for the now.

5* is for the future but on current content available, 4* max rank is already OP. Many Summoners are using 3* to clear master mode content.

Perhaps, by the time the 5* is needed, OP would have obtained again the same resources to do it maybe for a 5* GP (it is in crystal correct?).

Is there any current content (or even six months from now) which points unanimously to 5* rank 4 Electra better than 4* rank 5 Gwenpool?

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Champion quality is more important than rank usually. Everyone would take a 5/50 wolverine over a 4/55 groot. The issue occurs when you have a case like gwenpool vs elektra. Gwenpool is tier 1, elektra is probably tier 2 or 3. There's nothing currently in game that requires 4/55 champs, though who knows what 5.3 and 5.4 will bring.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    winterthur wrote: »

I suppose the question for noobs like me to ask is whether to invest (hard to get) resources on a Champ which gives additional benefits in game play for the now.

5* is for the future but on current content available, 4* max rank is already OP. Many Summoners are using 3* to clear master mode content.

Perhaps, by the time the 5* is needed, OP would have obtained again the same resources to do it maybe for a 5* GP (it is in crystal correct?).

Is there any current content (or even six months from now) which points unanimously to 5* rank 4 Electra better than 4* rank 5 Gwenpool?

Yes, in October they will release 6* into content, perhaps in the next Event Quest. We still don't know all the neat little tricks they'll have until about the time they get released.
  • Options
    Jon8299 wrote: »

Yes, in October they will release 6* into content, perhaps in the next Event Quest. We still don't know all the neat little tricks they'll have until about the time they get released.

That doesn't mean you'll need 5 stars to fight them......
  • Options
    danielmath wrote: »

They'll release 6* in event quest, maybe Act 5.4, Season 5 for the AQ could be coming up. They could make a new difficulty for the Event Quests. We don't know what the AW changes will hold for us.
  • Options
    danielmath wrote: »

They'll release 6* in event quest, maybe Act 5.4, Season 5 for the AQ could be coming up. They could make a new difficulty for the Event Quests. We don't know what the AW changes will hold for us.

Of course we don't know, but i would be shocked if you needed 5 stars to get through act 5 (it makes it much easier though)
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I really hope the OP didn't waste 4 t2a on Electra. Anyone advocating doing so doesn't know enough about the game to give advice.
  • Options
    DefJ123DefJ123 Posts: 54
    edited September 2017
    Prestige is still the be all end all in this game so ranking sleeping heroes will come back to bite most players. It's a move that can't be undone and is reliant on the most unreliable aspect of the game crystal luck.

While very true, there is a lot of players at a higher level who don't care about prestige. I ranked my 5* guilly to r4 unduped and have no regrets. I play in a 7m alli and have no intentions of ever purely ranking for prestige.

To be fair, op never specified if prestige is a concern (that I saw, made it to this post and stopped reading). If prestige is a concern the obviously don't rank either. If not, Elektra is a solid rank up. Dieing for one myself. Though gp is also solid. Have a r5 gp myself and she is godly.
  • Options
    Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    DefJ123 wrote: »
    Prestige is still the be all end all in this game so ranking sleeping heroes will come back to bite most players. It's a move that can't be undone and is reliant on the most unreliable aspect of the game crystal luck.

While very true, there is a lot of players at a higher level who don't care about prestige. I ranked my 5* guilly to r4 unduped and have no regrets. I play in a 7m alli and have no intentions of ever purely ranking for prestige.

To be fair, op never specified if prestige is a concern (that I saw, made it to this post and stopped reading). If prestige is a concern the obviously don't rank either. If not, Elektra is a solid rank up. Dieing for one myself.

Prestige is not a concern at the moment. Nor do I think it ever will be in my case. What is my concern is higher content that is here or may be coming that would become easier with a r4 5 star. Instead of trying with r5 4 stars and using items and/or units. It just so happens that my top choices are Elektra for 5 star and gwenpool for 4 star. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and time. I still have some time to decide. Thank you for your insight.
  • Options
    Nobody can really answer about the content that's coming, since nobody knows. Unless you quit the game, prestige will eventually be a concern to you (or unless you play pretty casually) so I wouldn't dismiss it.
  • Options
    Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Ascoop24 wrote: »

To be fair, op never specified if prestige is a concern (that I saw, made it to this post and stopped reading). If prestige is a concern the obviously don't rank either. If not, Elektra is a solid rank up. Dieing for one myself.

Prestige is not a concern at the moment. Nor do I think it ever will be in my case. What is my concern is higher content that is here or may be coming that would become easier with a r4 5 star. Instead of trying with r5 4 stars and using items and/or units. It just so happens that my top choices are Elektra for 5 star and gwenpool for 4 star. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and time. I still have some time to decide. Thank you for your insight.

Why rank now? Wait and see if you are not worried about prestige or rank gp. T2as are too precious. There are a ton of 5*s that are better than elektra.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    T2a is too rare to use on unduped champs. I wouldn't rush into it. Unless you clear lol 100% you'll only have 3 r4 5* in your roster assuming you do one run of lol. You can use boosts on a r3 5* to help with harder content, but just think if you dupe another champ besides Elektra that you want at r4 but you can't because of resources. Prestige is the main qualifier in this game, but even so you want to use t2a wisely, they are not something you will ever have expiring or even enough of.
  • Options
    Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    They way I see it is taking a 5* elektra up is playing for the long term whereas maxing a 4* GP will help more now. I think it depends how many maxed R4s you have as well. I have 12 maxed 4*s and that's enough for me now. I'm focusing on ranking my 5*s up now. A year from now, that 4* GP could be useless in most situations whereas a 5* elektra will still be relevant.

I also heard rank down items may make a comeback by the end of the year. If this rumor is true, you could take GP up now and whenever rankdown items come back, bring GP back down and rank elektra up. By then you may have her duped or even a better 5* skill champ
  • Options
    If rank down tickets come back, they'll be champ specific ones.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Elektra is the best option for what you're going for, for a couple reasons. She bypasses Safeguard, which is prominent in RTTL. She is also a 5*, which is better CR at R4, and that makes a difference with 5.2. Doable with R5 4*'s, but definitely easier. She doesn't need to be Duped to be useful. It's entirely up to you, but my personal opinion is that Prestige and Dups are not hard and fast rules for Ranking. The game is all about earning Resources. You will get more. If you have a Champ you can use and you're not chasing Prestige, go for it. Some may not agree because they go by popular opinion. That's my vote. There's no sense in sitting on Resources praying for a Dup when you can make use of a Champ that doesn't need it. Hope it helps. :)
  • Options
    Eventually that Elektra will be taken to rank 5 and be duped as well. Sometimes in this game it's better to think ahead. 4* are for now, but 5* are for the content that's coming soon.
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    elektra all the way! you wont regret it!
  • Options
    AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    edited September 2017
    quote="Sungj;c-117207"]
    Never ever!! rank an unduped 5* to rank 4

5* mordo, gwenpool, iceman, ghostrider, crossbones, nightcrawler, rogue, hyperion, hood, agent venom, x-23,quake, angela, stark spidey, yondu, ultron and more are all worth and have been brought to rank 4 unduped. Even top tier players have unduped 5 stars at rank 4 like gwenpool and iceman[/quote]

Top Tier players might have unduped r4s but if they're in a top tier alliance they're forcever at risk of getting booted because they drag down the group's prestige so much.

T4cs are sufficiently common now that ranking a. 4* to r5 (or a 5* to r3) solely for utility is justifiable these days. But until kabam actually starts handing out t2a's using your best prestige chip on an undueped champ is, at best, short sighted. Especially for someone who hasn't even run RtL yet.

On a utility basis it's a toss up which makes Gwenpoole the easy choice. Save those t2a's for a duped champ who will open the door to better aq rewards (by far the most sustainable path to steady rank ups)
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    I used my T2As on Hawkeye. Never regretted a second of it.
  • Options
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    They way I see it is taking a 5* elektra up is playing for the long term whereas maxing a 4* GP will help more now. I think it depends how many maxed R4s you have as well. I have 12 maxed 4*s and that's enough for me now. I'm focusing on ranking my 5*s up now. A year from now, that 4* GP could be useless in most situations whereas a 5* elektra will still be relevant.

I also heard rank down items may make a comeback by the end of the year. If this rumor is true, you could take GP up now and whenever rankdown items come back, bring GP back down and rank elektra up. By then you may have her duped or even a better 5* skill champ

You've actually got that mixed up. Ranking a 5* Electra is extremely short sighted. It'll help you now when your roster is small but you'll eventually get 5* chaps that actually deserve to be ranked, but won't be able to because you wasted 4 t2a on Electra.
  • Options
    I fail to see how ranking Elektra up would be wasting t2a or short sighted. Elektra is still a top tier skill. Are there better skill champs like gwenpool yes. However that doesn't mean I will ever pull her as a 5 star. Waiting to rank someone up because I may get someone better as a 5 star doesn't make sense to me. I would stall my progression in the game to just wait a few months to maybe pull someone. Finishing the last few sections of rttl and 100 percent 5.2 and start 5.3 would all be easier with a r4 5 star instead of using resources with r5 4 stars.
  • Options
    I fail to see how ranking Elektra up would be wasting t2a or short sighted. Elektra is still a top tier skill. Are there better skill champs like gwenpool yes. However that doesn't mean I will ever pull her as a 5 star. Waiting to rank someone up because I may get someone better as a 5 star doesn't make sense to me. I would stall my progression in the game to just wait a few months to maybe pull someone. Finishing the last few sections of rttl and 100 percent 5.2 and start 5.3 would all be easier with a r4 5 star instead of using resources with r5 4 stars.

It's really not hard to understand. You only have 8 t2a, which means you can only r4 two champs before doing LOL and getting another 4. using 50% of your total t2a on a champ to get you through RTTL or 5.2 is a complete waste of resources and is not needed. You can beat all the current content with r3 5* and r5 4*, including the easy path of LOL. Wasting t2a to get through content easily done with r3 5* and r5 4* is just silly.

With only 2 or 3 opportunities to r4 someone you HAVE to be extremely picky with who you rank. Starting next month all of the god-tier champs will start getting added to the basic 5* crystal so your 'argument' that you might not get a better champ doesn't hold much water.

Where you are in the game you do not NEED a r4 5* right now so there is no point in blowing the most rare resource currently in the game on a mediocre champ. You may WANT a r4 5* champ but you def do not NEED one.
  • Options

It's really not hard to understand. You only have 8 t2a, which means you can only r4 two champs before doing LOL and getting another 4. using 50% of your total t2a on a champ to get you through RTTL or 5.2 is a complete waste of resources and is not needed. You can beat all the current content with r3 5* and r5 4*, including the easy path of LOL. Wasting t2a to get through content easily done with r3 5* and r5 4* is just silly.

With only 2 or 3 opportunities to r4 someone you HAVE to be extremely picky with who you rank. Starting next month all of the god-tier champs will start getting added to the basic 5* crystal so your 'argument' that you might not get a better champ doesn't hold much water.

Where you are in the game you do not NEED a r4 5* right now so there is no point in blowing the most rare resource currently in the game on a mediocre champ. You may WANT a r4 5* champ but you def do not NEED one.

Thank you! I feel like your last sentence is the most important one you said and really hit home. You are right I do want one and that part is short sighted. I appreciated the advice. As I am now part of a 5x5 alliance the t4cc should come more easily so I will r5 gwenpool and wait for either her as a 5 star or later down the road r4 a 5 star more worthy of the t2a. Again thank you all for you comments and time.
  • Options
    Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105

You're forgetting that he may only pull one 5* a month. Ranking a 5* elektra to 4/5 is definitely setting up yourself for the future because then she'll be ready for 5/5 whenever t5b's come out. I think you're really underestimating elektra. Her bleed and defensive ability reduction is awesome. Plus most 5*s at 4/5 make things so much easier in map 5. T4cc's are all luck of the draw. I've gotten so many skill t4cc's that my first maxed 4*s were skill champs. On the other hand, I rarely have gotten mutant t4cc's (only enough for 1 R5 4*).

• Options
    Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97
    Sungj wrote: »
    Elektra is fantastic even unduped, she can do a first clear of LOL at rank 4 and at rank 4 she will be an even better AW attacker then Gwenpool. She won't have the damage of gwenpool even at rank 4 in a lot of fights but her defensive ability accuracy reduction and guaranteed crits at low health makes her great in long fights.

she crits at low health even unduped? i have her too but i dont know if she's worth rank 4 , do you have videos of her doing lol? :O
  • Options
    Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97
    Never ever!! rank an unduped 5* to rank 4

there are some worth champions like Magik, she's extremely useful even unduped
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I have an Elektra r3 unduped 5 star. I also have a r4 four star gwenpool. Is elektra worth the r4 unduped? Or should I spend my skill t4 cats on gwenpool. I have dw maxed and assassins will be soon. I'm leaning towards Elektra as that is the direction the game is going however would love to hear others thoughts and what they would do. Thank you for you time and thoughts.

Did you rank her to 4? Was she worth it?
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    @Sungj u kidding right electra cant match gwenpool in anything to be realistic she cant reduce sh*** 85% and nothing happens everytime definetly not worth a r4 5* (4 alpha 2) gp r5 lower abilities with combos count too . speaking of electra assassination it's nothing after 15% health oppenent are already dead against dorma in aq 5 it's bearly 15k life why this will make anyone problems if u already took him 100k health
    (special mention to assassin mastery too) > not worth more than a 1 point in it unless u doing lol or rol