**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act Five Done- Rankup Time and Progression Questions

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited April 2020 in Strategy and Tips
With all the time most of us have now, I finished all of chapter four in act five and completed act five. My pulls were tragic, but I'm not too angry. I want to know which five star champs would be most helpful to me in future content. Magik and stealthy are rank three, while caiw and warlock are rank two. Who should I rank up to r4? For me, the choice is between stealthy and warlock, but I prefer stealthy. However, I'm not sure which would be more useful in endgame content. Additionally, what content should I start focusing on? Should I take a stab at act six or explore act five or four? Are variants in my reach? Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Go with stealthy unless you need an immunities champ. If you do, warlock is amazing. If you don't stealthy is amazing and has great damage
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Start exploring act 4/5. 4 is easy but suuuuper long, so I would start there. 5 you'll need some pretty specific counters (which tbh I see in your roster) and I would say you'd want at least 5 R4 before you start exploring act 5.

Cap IW will help loads with exploring 5.3, as the damage boost from his kinetic charges aren't affected by the attack reduction global nodes. In addition to Cap; Colossus, Warlock, Stealthy and Emma all should be ranked up, order is really up to you but I would personally go: Cap > Warlock/Colossus > Emma > Stealthy.

Act 5 exploration should be easy for you once you have them ranked, and you'll get other champs along the way so always ask here who you should be working on.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Are act 6 and variants out of reach?
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    You could try act 6 chapter 1 but it really depends on your skill level, variant 4 might be possible to complete with revives for electro (feeling green could help there)
  • Options
    TP33 said:

You could try act 6 chapter 1 but it really depends on your skill level, variant 4 might be possible to complete with revives for electro (feeling green could help there)

Any specific hard fights for 6.1?
  • Options

TP33 said:

Any specific hard fights for 6.1?
    Would my roster be able to handle the hard fights and variant?
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    That CapIW is a valuable asset. You don’t have to do it now, but at some point, invest in that character
  • Options
    ESF said:

That CapIW is a valuable asset. You don’t have to do it now, but at some point, invest in that character

How useful is he unduped? He has good block proficiency, but my stealthy already has an unstoppable counter. What would he be good for?
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Depending on your skill level, I think you could complete Variant 4 (the easiest). Fully exploring may be out of your reach until you rank up more champs. However, finishing a Variant is the fastest way to get the valuable rank up gems for your 5 stars. It grows your roster exponentially and it’s worth the unit cost.

Still, DO YOUR HOMEWORK - watch a lot of YouTube tutorials (particularly Seatin) and if you get frustrated, just save units and wait until your champs are ranked up.

In my opinion, I still think your 4 Stars are still your best champs. Wait until you can Rank 4 a 5 Star. I would suggest Warlock (because of his utility) or CapIW if you get him awakened.

• Options
    Mike439 said:

Warlock is your best champ. Him, CMM and then capiw once he’s duped are game changing. I used r4 warlock for pretty much all of V3. He’s not too bad for v2 either since he’s an XL champ.

You might be able to get through some of 6.1 with warlock alone but it wouldn’t be fun. I’d wait a bit for that

Hmm, thanks. I might stab act six, but you're probably right. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Depending on your skill level, I think you could complete Variant 4 (the easiest). Fully exploring may be out of your reach until you rank up more champs. However, finishing a Variant is the fastest way to get the valuable rank up gems for your 5 stars. It grows your roster exponentially and it’s worth the unit cost.

Still, DO YOUR HOMEWORK - watch a lot of YouTube tutorials (particularly Seatin) and if you get frustrated, just save units and wait until your champs are ranked up.

In my opinion, I still think your 4 Stars are still your best champs. Wait until you can Rank 4 a 5 Star. I would suggest Warlock (because of his utility) or CapIW if you get him awakened.

My cmm is rank four, and I can take someone else to rank four, and probably someone else in a week or two once i get glory for some t4b and t1a.
    Does variant four require any specific champs? I have the hulk that some complain about.
    Thanks!