**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

LGBTQ Profile pic of rainbow

Comments

• WagarWagar Posts: 22 β˜…
    Sorry, I thought you would know what I meant when I said gravity was yet to be proven... I used it by saying that something so apparent was yet to be shown how and why it is there - what forces are in play.

The fact that something "naturally occur" does not negate it from being a polital/moral issue. Why? Because saying it "naturally occurs" can mean 2 things:
    1 - that it is built into the genetics
    2 - that it occurs, but its something driven by human decision (like murder) and therefore can be judged morally.

From your statement, you described the 2nd option and just made my point - this is a political/moral issue
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @UmbertoDelRio thats true mate. It’s sad that that isn’t the case. However, I still believe that releasing such a profile picture wouldn’t do much good. It’s hard to change one persons opinion, much less a whole community of people. I’m a firm believer that everyone should be treated equally regardless of political views, religion, or sexuality (especially since this is something one can’t control). I still think releasing characters who are a part of the community would show support without making it seem like pandering. This is after all a marvel game. Characters like Valkyrie are bisexual and adding her into the game would be a good edition.
    @UmbertoDelRio literally no one here is offended by lgbtq people. No one has shown anything but support for them, just not through the means that the OP asked for
    Wait... since when are we being force to agree with something? That is a totalitarian view!

Actually, in a free world you have the RIGHT to disagree with a viewpoint! That is the definition of being free. What you want is totalitarianism... tell me what to think, how to live, etc. That is what is so scary about the LGBTQ - its the double standard! You tell people that tolerance isnt enough, they MUST agree with you. Yet, you are unwilling to agree with those who see things differently (right or wrong). In that, you refuse to even tolerate, let alone accept them. Scary!! Very Scary!!
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Let’s not bring in politics
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Kabam Miike this is gonna start a big issue and possibly a fight. Can you close this thread please
    Look @UmbertoDelRio, it is clear that you keep switching back and forth on what u mean by "natural occurrence". Sometimes you mean it is beyond human choice (a statement of genetics - not proven scientifically) and sometimes you mean human choice, which is seen within nature (which is debated morally and therfore there are differing views). Pick a view and stick to it, please! It makes having a conversation about it easier.
    @UmbertoDelRio but at the end of the day, regardless of objective fact that the earth is round, there are still people who subjectively believe it is not. There’s nothing you can do to change their minds regardless of how wrong they are
    @UmbertoDelRio just give up already....like I said before, despite your facts (which are objectively true) people will still believe whatever they want to believe. Even though there’s nothing wrong with transgenderism, there are people who subjectively believe that it is wrong despite the facts. Just leave them alone. They don’t have to agree with the facts or you for that matter

And as to the second part, how do you make that jump? Homosexuality occurs in all kinds of species, how can it be driven by human decision? It evidently isn't.

There are hypothesis regarding the genetic foundation of sexuality. There are for example genetic foundations for the degree of which one is drawn to either sex. Those traits however can be passed down to either sex, so if a mother passes down the trait of being extremely drawn towards men (androphilia) to a son, that son would be homosexual. This hypothesis is mostly about the evolutionary basis for...

You state, "how can it be driven by human decision? It evidently isnt" , then you state that it is a hypothesis in the next sentence.

That is what I mean. You flip-flop what you mean. This is a nature/nurture debate, and I gotta tell, the nature side of the debate isnt doing to well. Yet you combine them into 1 debate thinking you are getting your point made... you are not!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wagar said:

Why do you need a video game to bring validation to your lifestyle anyway? I dont see anyone posting that there needs to be race representation or anything like that. Its always the LGTBQ movement that needs validation

I wasn't going to enter this discussion, but I have to respond to this. We're not looking for "validation" with Pride. We're looking for solidarity to show people we are here for them. People are still killing themselves over their sexuality and gender identity. They're still being murdered in a number of parts of the world because of the way they were born. They're still being discriminated in many parts of the world because of the beliefs of others. They're still being beaten and tortured and mutilated. So until that is no longer an issue, there will always be a need for "validation".
    I think I will gracefully bow out of this discussion. This form was meant to bring improvements to the game and has now been turned into a debate forum, which isnt what its intended for.

Im sure Kabam will make their own mind up on the matter.
    @UmbertoDelRio you misunderstand me. You can try and educate them, but you’ll fail every time. Why? Because they have their beliefs set in stone. People follow confirmation bias, and only use whatever you say to disprove you and further fuel their own beliefs. It’s nearly impossible to change another persons mind.
    @GroundedWisdom but will bringing anything into this marvel game actually change anything? I doubt that anything would actually happen

@GroundedWisdom but will bringing anything into this marvel game actually change anything? I doubt that anything would actually happen

Maybe not, maybe. I just wanted to make the point on the topic of Pride. It could, though. Say there's an LGBTQ youth that gets picked on everyday at school. Then they pick the game up and are reminded that there's support out there. I agree it's controversial for a game. In my mind though, a thousand people who are butt hurt because of ignorance don't amount to the one person who feels like they don't have to kill themselves. Still, I don't think it would be the best place. I'd have no issues at all, but given the nature of the people playing, it would be torn apart. Lol.

@UmbertoDelRio you misunderstand me. You can try and educate them, but you’ll fail every time. Why? Because they have their beliefs set in stone. People follow confirmation bias, and only use whatever you say to disprove you and further fuel their own beliefs. It’s nearly impossible to change another persons mind.

That's just a sad view. The general consensus regarding all sorts of topics in the general population has always changed over time according to new informaton through education. Most parts of the western world are now more tolerant towards lgbtq than they were 10, 20, 30 years ago.

Call my view totalitarian, but I do not think we as an advancing species should shield ignorance for the sake of free opinions, especially when those opinions can be physically or educationally harmful to us as a whole.
    The irony is, it's been a part of human history for as far back as we can remember. The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, many accounts. It's only in the last 2000+ years that Leviticus, and other writings, have deemed it inhuman and unholy. Fact is, sexuality is a human thing, and it's as old as humans.
This discussion has been closed.