**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6.3.4 IMIW Boss Help

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I need some help with the IMIW boss in 6.3.4. I just finished my second run against him and spent a total of around 600 units to complete the path and the boss (took the 15% buffet and Do Not Go Gentle path, seriously, whoever decided on that node combined should be fired). I can't really keep throwing units at him since it takes me about a week to get a thousand from arenas and don't spend money on unit packs.
My team that time was 5/65 Venom, 5/65 Fury. 5/65 Doom, 5/65 Sunspot, and 4/55 Namor (most of the choices were for the path). Venom was doing pretty good, but the block damage stopped me from getting the solo (Seriously, the block damage is ridiculous, I would take around 2K on blocked hits).
Who are some of the best counters for the fight?

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Soooo...... no void
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Soooo...... no void

I do have a void, a six star, but he's unawakened and I have no way to awaken him.
    I also realized that this is another boss that it'd be really helpful to have Human Torch for, but I don't have him either.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Nick Fury did well against him for me just get that unblockable then beat him in the corner. Used him mainly when I explored that quest
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Captain America Infinity War
    Sentinel
    Hyperion
    Starky (and save your sp2 for the last 15% and hope that it crits)
    Dr Voodoo
    Captain Marvel (with Nick Fury synergy)
    Void

Thanks, I have Sentinel, Starky, and Captain Marvel at maxed ranks, so I’ll give them a try
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    I had success with a generic 6* corvus. No suicides or boost nearly got a solo. But your CMM should do the job
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I got a solo with a 5/65 Corvus. Had the 200% cosmic boost and around 2 charges. Save that final L2 for just before imiw reaches that final autoblock phase.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

I need some help with the IMIW boss in 6.3.4. I just finished my second run against him and spent a total of around 600 units to complete the path and the boss (took the 15% buffet and Do Not Go Gentle path, seriously, whoever decided on that node combined should be fired). I can't really keep throwing units at him since it takes me about a week to get a thousand from arenas and don't spend money on unit packs.
    My team that time was 5/65 Venom, 5/65 Fury. 5/65 Doom, 5/65 Sunspot, and 4/55 Namor (most of the choices were for the path). Venom was doing pretty good, but the block damage stopped me from getting the solo (Seriously, the block damage is ridiculous, I would take around 2K on blocked hits).
    Who are some of the best counters for the fight?

You should really learn how to reparry to save you a lot of heartache
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I have only done one run through that fight but aegon served me well...he can deal a lot of damage to his block and his 6 hit combo makes it easy to cycle imiw sp1..plus he can dish out a lot of damage with the heavy charge especially in the final 15%
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I wasted a team revive trying out different champs for that last 15% but hyperion did it for me - the hardest part to overcome is to not panic that he'll start the fight healing, don't make it force you to go agressive or rush. Just either bait his heavy and counter with yours or sp1 intercepts, the incinerate breaks him down
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Void with Hawkeye synergy one shots him.
    I have 100% this chapter and Hawkeye allows you to start with Fear of the Void meaning that Arc Overload is fine and you will at least be able to do the the last 15% with your unduped 6*