5* feature arena streak change?

sfsiliconsfsilicon Member Posts: 113
I just went in with 3x 5* r2 35s (14.4k total) and ran into a death squad of 6*s (13.5k + 16.7k + 16.2k). This was streak 47 in 5* featured arena. Shouldn't this be enough to continue my streak? This has happened before recently. Has anything changed?

I tried uploading a screenshot, but the upload UI is not working.

Comments

• sfsiliconsfsilicon Member Posts: 113
    Thanks for the info. Ill lool for that post. Any idea what the subject was?

Also was there any information on if this is for all fights vs case by case basis depending on matching algorythm. What are the safe limits now? I saw a post from April when I searched for 5* arena streaks that was still saying one r2 was enough?
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Member Posts: 315 ★★★
    I had this same issue back when Terrax was featured. I came up with the solution of using a R3 5* - R2 5* - R1 5*. I've also used a R5 4* - R2 5* - R2 5*. So far no death squads using these pairings.
    Thank you Frodo. Just to clarify this is after fight 18? I'll definite try that.

I've been trying to use my whole 5* roster all the way down to 5* r2 for points (18k+ per 5* r2). I avoid using 5* r1s or 4*s unless 4* r5 99s. And only to get through fights 13-15 (3x 4* r5 99)

Are the 4* R5s over 5k or 6k rating? I'm wondering if the rating of the team needs to be >15k?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,406 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I've been using this method for a while and it still works, although the 11-17 series has gotten harder (but still winnable) with the rank 2 and 3 6-stars that are now in the game.

1-5 4s r3
    6-10 5s r1
    11-17 5s r4 and higher
    19-21 Two 5s r3 and one 4s r5
    22-up Six stars
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,391 ★★★★★
    Getting the streak is no issue, but when you start going from top champs down, there is a new bottom before you hit a death squad. For me, it was 2 teams up from my previous bottom. Just find your bottom and adjust. More annoying then anything.
    Agree AzKicker316 I'm looking for the new bottom when going from top champs down. In the past this has been 2 parameters: 1) no champs below a certain * and/or rank, 2) total rating of 3 champ team you bring in.

For me it used to be nothing below 3x 5* r2 so I've been using that for fights after 18 streak. Now I think it has to be 5* r2 and >15k. Not sure about the 15k.

Its just a major pain to find out. Each time you get a death squad its 18 rounds all over again to get back into streak at 5m per round of 3 fights that over an hour lost.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,256 Guardian
    Don’t just use all your 5* r2 champs in order of default sort order PI.

Pick highest r2, then scroll down to middle of r2's somewhere and pick one, and then scroll down to end of your r2's and pick the last one.

This way it evens out your Team Strength to be more consistent across all your matches each run. Instead of higher Teams at first and then weaker teams by the end (even though all r2).
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Member Posts: 315 ★★★
    sfsilicon said:

Thank you Frodo. Just to clarify this is after fight 18? I'll definite try that.

I've been trying to use my whole 5* roster all the way down to 5* r2 for points (18k+ per 5* r2). I avoid using 5* r1s or 4*s unless 4* r5 99s. And only to get through fights 13-15 (3x 4* r5 99)

Are the 4* R5s over 5k or 6k rating? I'm wondering if the rating of the team needs to be >15k?

They are over 6K. I thought the 15K mark was the sweet spot as well, but the combined PI of one of the lower teams I run is 14,085 (R3 5* - R2 5* - R1 5*). I've run into a death squad using 3 R2 5* champs that had a combined PI of slightly over 15K (this is when I was running suicides so I no longer have the exact PI). So far using the pairing combo I previously listed allows me to utilize all of my 5* champs in order to maximize points.
  • NmbghjjuNmbghjju Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2020
    I created a similar topic few days ago, but did not get much help. Below is the link to the discussion.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/192320/frustration-on-arenas-death-match

I did encounter death match from 3 5-Star R2.

edited April 2020
    Thank you Frodo. I'll avoid the 3x 5* r2 combo and mix in an r3. Hopefully that will allow me to use my r2 and maybe even r1s.

Thank you for the screens and link Nmbghjju. Maybe you can try what Frodo wrote above too. (Just read your thread, looks like your using 4* so Frodo's tip does not apply).
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,391 ★★★★★
    sfsilicon said:

Agree AzKicker316 I'm looking for the new bottom when going from top champs down. In the past this has been 2 parameters: 1) no champs below a certain * and/or rank, 2) total rating of 3 champ team you bring in.

For me it used to be nothing below 3x 5* r2 so I've been using that for fights after 18 streak. Now I think it has to be 5* r2 and >15k. Not sure about the 15k.

Its just a major pain to find out. Each time you get a death squad its 18 rounds all over again to get back into streak at 5m per round of 3 fights that over an hour lost.

But not all death squads are unbeatable, it depends on your team. I found my bottom team was OG Thor, UC, and Mordo. I was lucky enough that I was able to win with Thor and UC. Point is when you get a death squad, it's not a guaranteed restart.
    frodo2377 said:

sfsilicon said:

They are over 6K. I thought the 15K mark was the sweet spot as well, but the combined PI of one of the lower teams I run is 14,085 (R3 5* - R2 5* - R1 5*). I've run into a death squad using 3 R2 5* champs that had a combined PI of slightly over 15K (this is when I was running suicides so I no longer have the exact PI). So far using the pairing combo I previously listed allows me to utilize all of my 5* champs in order to maximize points.
    This is working for me. Basically use a 5* r3 or higher in every team of 3. No death squads yet. Had to change my approach of Going from my top champs sequentially down to my lowest. Now I using 1 top champ with 2 lowesr until I run out of 5* r3s.

Ty again Frodo!