**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DOOMED IN INCURSIONS!! (minor design flaw in incursions)

CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
So I recently opened a 5* crystal and unfortunately now I qualify for tier1 rewards. U might thnk, how is it bad?
Well my roster is not good enough for tier 1 !!! My top champs can barely make through 2 zones in sector 7, so it's basically inaccessible for me. Now I am paralyzed and can only play sector 6 of which I can't do more than 5 zones

Here are some pics to give an idea about point I am trying to make

Pic1: made it to tier 1
Pic 2: minimum recommended team pi is 22k
Pic 3: my top 3 champs are of 18k

Pls make some alternative mechanism of tier upgrade

Comments

• Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Agree completely, my only fault with incursions is the tier system.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@CaptainPoll You should still be able to do Sector 6 even though you're in tier 1. It has lower rewards than Sector 7 obviously, but the recommended PI starts at 14,000, so it would be much more achievable for you.

Sector 6 far easier.
  • Options
    Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@CaptainPoll You should still be able to do Sector 6 even though you're in tier 1. It has lower rewards than Sector 7 obviously, but the recommended PI starts at 14,000, so it would be much more achievable for you.

Bruh the point is he would rather have all sector 5 zone rewards rather than zone rewards of 2 zones in sector 7. (Sector 6 rewards will be same in both tier 1/2)
    I am kind of in the same boat so i get his reasoning.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I've heard some people say that a better idea would be using prestige
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    They use prestige in so many other part of the game, why did they go and use something else for Incursion is beyond me.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★

mgj0630 said:

Bruh the point is he would rather have all sector 5 zone rewards rather than zone rewards of 2 zones in sector 7. (Sector 6 rewards will be same in both tier 1/2)
    I am kind of in the same boat so i get his reasoning.
    @Lucifer1810 I understand, and I'm not disagreeing with that desire. My comment was simply to inform in case he wasn't aware of that. Incursions are still pretty new, so I was just trying to offer something helpful.
  • Options
    Remeli said:

They use prestige in so many other part of the game, why did they go and use something else for Incursion is beyond me.

Originally, Dungeons did use Prestige, but everybody hated it. That was also at a time that we didn't display it in-game though. I will ask about this for the future.
  • Options

Remeli said:

Originally, Dungeons did use Prestige, but everybody hated it. That was also at a time that we didn't display it in-game though. I will ask about this for the future.
    I could be wrong, but I think the hatred comes/came from rewards locked to prestige.

Telling someone they cant have this reward because they are to low in prestige is a bit irritating. But telling someone they should be able to do this content just because they now have 1 more 5 star champion than they did last week even if a good portion of those 5 star champs are "meme/trash tier" is more than irritating, and can cause people to stop doing them.

It is like telling a 7yo there is no Santa when just last year they were told he still existed. Just because they are 1 year older should not mean they are ready to face that!
    I definitely understand that. There is no perfect solution here, because we are not going to open all tiers to everybody again. That creates a terrible balancing issue for rewards. There might be other solutions though, and we'll explore them.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Remeli said:

I could be wrong, but I think the hatred comes/came from rewards locked to prestige.

Telling someone they cant have this reward because they are to low in prestige is a bit irritating. But telling someone they should be able to do this content just because they now have 1 more 5 star champion than they did last week even if a good portion of those 5 star champs are "meme/trash tier" is more than irritating, and can cause people to stop doing them.

It is like telling a 7yo there is no Santa when just last year they were told he still existed. Just because they are 1 year older should not mean they are ready to face that!
    I definitely understand that. There is no perfect solution here, because we are not going to open all tiers to everybody again. That creates a terrible balancing issue for rewards. There might be other solutions though, and we'll explore them.
    I think if you base it off prestige, that will work a lot better for random matchmaking too. My alliance is scattered all over the world, so it's pretty hard to find a time where I can do Incursions with one of my alliance mates, so I often use the Find a Partner feature. More often than not, I get paired up with someone who's prestige is substantially lower than mine and who has a much less developed roster. For example, when I did it yesterday, I went in with a team with about 42,000 rating and my partner had a team of 4/55s with a rating of about 22,000 rating. That's a huge disparity and I got screwed out of some of my top champs because he couldn't make it past the fourth zone. The cooldown is still really long for five and six star champs, so I can't use them again for a while. It's the most aggravating thing about Incursions and it's the same reason why I hated dungeons.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I know it’s similar to prestige but what about looking at # of champions at a certain rank to base tiers off.

Tier 1 could be unlocked once a player has 2 R4 5* for example. By the time somebody consciously takes a champion up to R4 you assume they’re probably a fairly decent character - or that they have a weird fascination with memes like King Groot.

Tier 2 could be unlocked by 3-5 R3 5* or R5 4*. The player has probably been playing a reasonable length of time, are playing AQ in a semi decent alliance and are knocking on the door of 5.2, if not already through.

As 5* are rolling in a lot faster these days you can probably unlock Tier 1 very quickly, arguably too quickly to be able to access and play the content that you’ve just unlocked.
  • Options
    PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I think that it should be progression. Uncollected would be tier 2, Cavalier tier 1. This would match it up to skill level best. Some people don’t like prestige heavy champs, but that doesn’t mean they should get lesser rewards.
  • Options
    Thnx guys for such a huge response and I hope this issue will be considered by kabam in near future. I thnk prestige would be a better option with some modifications ofcourse. I believe that if the team was creative enough for making a mode as Innovative as incursions, they can for sure handle this issue
  • Options
    Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★

Remeli said:

Maybe let tier 1, 2, 3etc. players choose which tier they wanna be in? For eg: A tier 6 player can choose to be in tier 7 bit not tier 5. This would not lead to imbalance of rewards either. Let the players choose a lower tier than their original tier but not a higher tier.
  • Options
    Arham1 said:

Remeli said:

Maybe let tier 1, 2, 3etc. players choose which tier they wanna be in? For eg: A tier 6 player can choose to be in tier 7 bit not tier 5. This would not lead to imbalance of rewards either. Let the players choose a lower tier than their original tier but not a higher tier.
    Yes that's a good solution, players can choose their sectors for a dungeon season and can take difficulty they want, this won't lead to imbalance because if they thought they will go for lower sectors for easier content at the same time they will get lower rewards
    It sounds good