**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CAIW

LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
I'm just curious as to why everyone thinks he's so great. Even with his sig ability, his damage output is not as good as most champions. I get he has a lot of debuffs utility but I don't think that qualifies him as to a beyond god tier. Am I missing something?

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    You my friend are wicked smart.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    I believe with maxed out parry
    He can perform 0 damage parries
    This by itself is a very useful thing since things like act 6 and variant opponents have ridiculous attack and the chip damage is felt over the long run
    Each kinetic charge makes his passive fury more potent so it goes up
    Once you get him maxed out he can perform even better than void in some circumstances
    But his sig scales soooo bad like it’s painful how bad it scales at a 5* level
    Plus he gets a lot utility out of it
    Debuff immune with skill class
    Constant armor break for even more damage
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Bruh, with 5 kinetic charges and 4 stacks of weakness and armor breaks I've had sp2's crit for 130k. 110k sp2's are quite common. He deals a ton of damage when you use him correctly.
  • More due to his utility and block proficiency.

His most common play style, which is parry + heavy till you get to a special 2, is useful in many scenarios where you don't want to hit the opponent too much, for example. Or against opponents where you would be punished for doing regular combos.

But if you want to pair his Heavy for doing bonus damage to subsequent hits, doesn’t his Heavy have a cool-down period before the next time it would enable the bonus damage ?

If you’re not under a Power conscious fight, I’ve been saving up the Heavy until I’m in SP2 range. Then you can execute a Parry then throw your Heavy and then immediately followed by SP2. And by immediate I mean you actually interrupt his Heavy (normally multi-hit) so that the SP2 follows right after just the first hit of his Heavy. And because of the Parry beforehand, opponent should still be stunned thus allowing the SP2 to be done without worry of opponent recovering into a block too fast.

That Heavy-SP2, especially if you’ve built up his Stack Count, does some serious wicked damage.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Utility, the numbers you see with his passive fury and an sp2, He’s overall fun to use
  • Thx. Yes, was the Passive Fury from his Heavy (so long as Kinetically charged) I was thinking had some type of cool down or limitation (not just the 5 seconds that the fury lasts).

Good to know you can do his Heavy as often as you want (just need Kinetic Potential charges to benefit from it).

Must have confused that with another champ's Heavy.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    JtheGoat said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Someone doubting the power of the captain. He is arguably the best science champion in the game. You gotta know how to play him to get the damage cause he can hit hard. His block proficiency is also a life saver. He has petrify and debuffs to reduce healing and then reverse it. He can also counter unstoppable champs. Don't disrespect beardo like that ever again.

*Second best. Don't go forgetting my girl Quake.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Damage-check(your doing something wrong if you can’t get solid damage with him)
    Utility- Check(petrify/shrug off all debuff/armor break/nullify unstoppable)
    Survivability- Check(solid health, Perfect block, glancing)

That’s enough you get the point. He handles so much content and has a large range of what he can do.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Cap IW is the second best science champ behind Quake.

You are clearly misinformed, not only does he have massive damage on heavies /SP2 but he has god tier utility and block proficiency.

Pulled him today

• RoofusRoofus Posts: 36

You my friend are wicked smart.

Lmao
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Also his sp1 reduces opponents ability accuracy by 100%, very good against magik.
  • DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77
    Lmao said:

I'm just curious as to why everyone thinks he's so great. Even with his sig ability, his damage output is not as good as most champions. I get he has a lot of debuffs utility but I don't think that qualifies him as to a beyond god tier. Am I missing something?

Probably you are missing a ranked up cap iw from your team.

A max 4 star cap iw throws 40-50k sp2, 5 R4 60-65k sp2 and max 5 star 90k sp2 with common mastery set up. If that does not qualify for good damage not sure what does.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited April 2020
    IWCap is awesome, especially versatile when awakened & tailored synergy teams
    Curious, allies keep saying IWCap has perfect/0 damage parries,..but does anyone know where in his description or what #s are being factored in/added to verify that? (3/3 Parry, 4/4 Perf.Block, etc) Can't find anywhere clear in his Spotlight/Auntm.ai Description. @Etjama @Okaythen @will-o-wisp @Timone147 @UmbertoDelRio & any others. Thx
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    He doesn't have perfect/0 damage with parries.
    He just has high block proficiency, and when combined with other factors he can get parry attacks and take 0 damage from it, in multiple occasions
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

IWCap is awesome, especially versatile when awakened & tailored synergy teams
    Curious, allies keep saying IWCap has perfect/0 damage parries,..but does anyone know where in his description or what #s are being factored in/added to verify that? (3/3 Parry, 4/4 Perf.Block, etc) Can't find anywhere clear in his Spotlight/Auntm.ai Description. @Etjama @Okaythen @will-o-wisp @Timone147 @UmbertoDelRio & any others. Thx

Perfect block is completely different to block proficiency
    You can have 0% block proficiency and 50% to perfect block and you will take a lot of damage when you don’t hit 0 on your block
    Inversely if you have 100% block proficiency and 0 perfect block chance you can still manage to get 0% damage on blocked hits
    He’s natural block proficiency is 76%
    So his blocks reduce damage by 76%
    So you need parry at maxed to get 0 damage since it reduces damage by an additional 25%
    But he won’t get the maxed stun duration from parry