**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Snow/Rain background issue/bug - slow motion [Under Investigation]

Comments

• Options
    MissyMissy Posts: 16
    edited June 2017

• Options
    Danny wrote: »
    Yep same here,didn't really expect anything less than a game to get worse after update...

Should be used to now with Kabam haha. & thx for ruining my chances to win Yondu.
  • Options
    Danny wrote: »
    Yep same here,didn't really expect anything less than a game to get worse after update...

You should be used to it now with Kabam lol. Every update or fix brings more bugs lol. & Thx btw for ruining my chances to get yondu.
  • Options
    DakennggDakenngg Posts: 1
    Same here, just happened for the first time after the update, i'm using iphone 6+.
  • Options
    hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    I'm over 300K rating and yet to see ANY weather ever. Not that I want to, wondering if it's due to a low end phone

it only affects Apple related products. ive lost a few arena match streaks this way. please fix soon. voodoo arena coming up dont want to keep restarting a streak.

doesnt affect AW/AQ (dont think ive fought in weather background befre).

cheers kabam
  • Options
    Nightsky88Nightsky88 Posts: 12
    Using ipad air here... Same issue (bad lag), tried reinstalling app to no avail... However I just updated ios and reinstalled mcoc again... And so far there has been no issue... Fingers crossed
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited June 2017
    hero3 wrote: »
    I'm over 300K rating and yet to see ANY weather ever. Not that I want to, wondering if it's due to a low end phone

it only affects Apple related products. ive lost a few arena match streaks this way. please fix soon. voodoo arena coming up dont want to keep restarting a streak.

cheers kabam
    Weather is only for Apple devices but some Androids have same problems with smokes, fires, particles and magic effects.

Anyone could think it's hardware issue, but I think problems are the APIs, or maybe the code. For example if I fight Dorm in the Ultron stage I have a sure crash, but if I fight GR vs Mordo in anystage else the game could no crash but it would be laging the rest until I restart it. It's like those APIs have a huge memory leak or whatever. Someone noticed a pattern too, devices overheat for those cases then the lag arrive, again seems APIs /code issue.

I think it don't hurt a setting for enable/disable those effects.
    If Kabam cannot replicate those problems (I can believe it, I've been developer and many times you're curse immune) I'm willing to be a testers because I'm a lag/crash magnet.
  • Options
    PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    What's the purpose of adding these effects to iOS users only anyway?

Is there a business reason why I should see snow but my friends shouldn't?
  • Options
    Carlos1971Carlos1971 Posts: 8
    edited June 2017
    This bug is ridiculous and makes the game virtually unplayable and it is so frustrating to watch your champs get wasted and be forced to use revives just because Kabam can't get their act together and get their fixes right!

The cynic in me sometimes believes these 'bugs' are somehow intended.

Come on Kabam, no other $300m+ company operates with this level of amateurism.

Using iPad Air 2.
  • Options
    TorgimusTorgimus Posts: 1
    Same here IPad Air 2. Totally unplayable in those levels
  • Options
    AdvertAdvert Posts: 3
    Had same issue (iPad). Updated iOS took care of Weather bug, but now whole game feels slower. Will delete and reinstall game and see. Bug also affected Quake screen shake, btw.
  • Options
    Vir2015Vir2015 Posts: 4
    Same here since the update ... playing on iPad ... snowfall background has crazy lag ... can't even think of a medium hit ... forget parrying ...please fix it asap
  • Options
    Deleting and reinstalling didn't help. Before iOS update, weather made it unplayable, but with no weather, it was really smooth, much better than earlier. After iOS update, weather same as no weather, but not as smooth as before update.
  • Options
    loewenherz3loewenherz3 Posts: 4
    I've been having the same issue on iPad Air 2. Before 13.1, snow would cause minor lag, but now the game becomes quite unplayable, with about a half second input delay and major lag. I hope this doesn't break my streak for the Dr. Voodoo grind.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    We should have frequent updates on this issue. We are going to get slaughtered in AQ/AW if this is still an issue even in a few short hours.

When Brutal is bringing this up, you know you need to act quickly (so thank you for adding your comment).
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to check in and let you know that the team is still looking at this, but they're pretty sure they have a fix. They're testing it now, and it'll hopefully be applied shortly. Thanks so much for bearing with us!
  • Options
    Weird, first few fights after updating iOS, had no problem with snow lag, now back in full force
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    hero3 wrote: »

cheers kabam
    Weather is only for Apple devices but some Androids have same problems with smokes, fires, particles and magic effects.

Anyone could think it's hardware issue, but I think problems are the APIs, or maybe the code. For example if I fight Dorm in the Ultron stage I have a sure crash, but if I fight GR vs Mordo in anystage else the game could no crash but it would be laging the rest until I restart it. It's like those APIs have a huge memory leak or whatever. Someone noticed a pattern too, devices overheat for those cases then the lag arrive, again seems APIs /code issue.

I think it don't hurt a setting for enable/disable those effects.
    If Kabam cannot replicate those problems (I can believe it, I've been developer and many times you're curse immune) I'm willing to be a testers because I'm a lag/crash magnet.

I agree. Even after they said they "fixed" the crashing issue that I submtited and was under investigation, I still crash every time I fight certain characters. I can't even fight Dormamu on AQ...I've never been able to load the match. I just keep losing 1/2 health every time. I've lost COUNTLESS fights due to the random crashing, but at least in single player, it is recovering the fights more often now.

As a software engineer and having CrashReporter on my phone, I was able to provide kabam with all the possible debugging info they could ever need to figure out at least a subset of the crashing issues. There was a process called "marvelbattle" that was throwing an error, and I provided them with full debugging info, thread dump, running processes, etc. It definitely seems like a memory leak either the API they are using to render the graphics or with the game client itself (or both). Things would slow down over time and even start to stutter before some crashes. Other crashes were guaranteed to happen on certain maps fighting champions like cable, GR, dormamu, mordo, etc.

As far as the snow / weather effects, just disable that in the engine for apple devices. I am now being plagued by two issues, and the hilarious thing is if I try to close the game when I get the snow level, it tries to recover the fight and reloads the snow level again lol. Some nodes e.g. expert proving grounds were giving me the same level on the boss 3 and 4 times in a row respectively, so I would just close the game and take the 1/2 health penalty and reload until it finally generated a new level.

For apple users, this has been a huge ordeal and very frustrating indeed. My alliance gets really pissed when I crash on AQ, especially with all the new heros like archangel and other guaranteed crashes. We really should get some sort of compensation package when all this is over because after 3 months of crashing and now this issue, I can't even quantify the amount of units and wasted revives / pots I have used.
  • Options
    Any ETA?
  • Options
    StljabStljab Posts: 4
    It's occuruing more.Now it seems like 1 out of every 3 fights in arena the weather animation is popping up :( hopefully it will be fixed soon?
  • Options
    Yea, it was less earlier in the day but I just lost my infinite streak now and can't get it back because I am getting it often 2/3 times in one matchup....please fix Kabam!
  • Options
    Did this fix bring down the game for android users?
  • Options
    rudyhartrudyhart Posts: 4
    Dear @Kabam Wolf when the ios get fix the weather field? So frustrating unplayable snow field. Pls give us quick update Asap. Thx
  • Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    noticed lagging during the snow effect too... Would be great if we had an option to switch off special effects in favor of performance
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    @rudyhart @DJRipster what devices are you two using when you see the performance issues with snow?
  • Options
    rudyhartrudyhart Posts: 4
    @Kabam Wolf using iphone 6plus ios 9.0.2 before 13.1.0 it was smooth to play arena. Now snow field is unplayable. Free hit from ai till KO. Thx
  • Options
    SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm really sorry that you all are seeing these frame rate drops with the weather effects. I'm taking this to the team right now, and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update. Thanks so much for bearing with us on this.

Simple thing: turn weather effects off. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Slow motion bug has been around for a while even before the update I posted this video a while back.

https://youtu.be/dZWxrQqKuFI