**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ebony Maw, Buffed!?

UnassignedtesterUnassignedtester Posts: 24
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
Hey everyone, today I decided to research and
delve into the buff given to the champion known as Ebony Maw.

Ebony Maw Champion Description:
“A master of manipulation and overall evil genius, Ebony Maw is Thanos’s most trusted lieutenant, never failing him even once. Focusing on his strong telekinetic abilities rather than raw physical strength, Ebony Maw curves and bends the environment around him with ease. Additionally, his superhumanly persuasive voice allows him to sway even the strongest minds.” Kabam Vydious.

To summarize, Ebony Maw is described as a genius, a killer, and the most trusted lutenant of Thanos.

Looking at his stats and abilities, Ebony Maw does not live up to the legacy set by comics, and now the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).

A while back Kabam announced a buff that was meant to improve the lackluster performance of Ebony Maw, but unfortunately that did not work out as well as Kabam probably thought it would.
From the description of Ebony Maw, summoners speculated that maybe his deterioration would have a longer timer, and higher damage, some even thought he might have damage high enough to compete with the other lieutenants of Thanos, but alas that did not happen.
Ebony Maws damage was given a slight improvement, and the amount of charges he could attain from missions was bumped to five. Sure it was an improvement, but even after the buff Ebony Maw was left in his relatively useless self.
Is this really what Ebony Maw deserves?
Shouldn’t he have at least been boosted to the point of overpowering the weakest of the black orders lieutenants? Ebony Maw deserves a buff, and I hope someday soon Kabam realizes this, and gives Ebony the stats that should so rightfully be his.
When the next buff vote is raised, I hope Ebony Maw makes the list. Buff Ebony Maw!
Hail Thanos!
I would love to hear all of your thoughts on Ebony Maw, and if you think he deserves a buff.

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Ugh, I'd prefer they nerf him. That degen damage is no joke in Act 6.

You're the first person who's ever suggested an Ebony Maw nerf, wow.
    I have a strong hatred for Ebony Maw. He's one of the few champions that I genuinely wish they would delete from the game. He offers nothing on attack and only serves as a nuisance on defense.

Just like Ant Man (awakened)

Ant-Man has great damage and utility with his awakened ability and synergies. Maw is a noodle no matter what.
  • UnassignedtesterUnassignedtester Posts: 24
    edited May 2020
    @Masterdux, Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight were the first members of the black order added to the game, but Ebony Maw is the highest lieutenant in the black order.

• UnassignedtesterUnassignedtester Posts: 24

That’s only one comic story line, if you look at the champion description of Ebony Maw it is clearly stated that Maw is the favorite of Thanos.
    But good find. Is that comic line that removed Super giant?

• KAJUBADAMCHORKAJUBADAMCHOR Posts: 3
    I have maw as my top champ as 4* at sig 40. His damage is bad joke only useful utility is miss which helps alot. Maw must have abit higher damage output
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I guess you missed the "Power of 0.000001 suns" debacle.
    Comics etc does not translate to the game on any type of clear/ close ratio in strength.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

You're the first person who's ever suggested an Ebony Maw nerf, wow.
    I have a strong hatred for Ebony Maw. He's one of the few champions that I genuinely wish they would delete from the game. He offers nothing on attack and only serves as a nuisance on defense.
    Agree, such a shame as he looks so cool.

That special conisseur one makes me ill. One rotation of his degen and your champ has lost ½ health

• BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    yeah i agree Ebony Maws rework was a joke !!!!
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Ant-Man has great damage and utility with his awakened ability and synergies. Maw is a noodle no matter what.
    Antman for me can barely finish an arena fight because of his stupid fatigue. So useless for me that I can't even win an arena fight wow.
    Also his PI sucks. Worst in the game as a 5*
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    FRITO_Man said:

Antman for me can barely finish an arena fight because of his stupid fatigue. So useless for me that I can't even win an arena fight wow.
    Antman is deceptively good when awakened and in the right team.

If you bring Ghost trinity and Ronin he’s pretty good tbh. Ofc you’d be using Ghost over him in most situations but he’s got good block proficiency, he can mitigate healing with his debuffs and he can ramp his damage up reasonably well. I used him in my initial Cavalier run as an understudy to Ghost.
  • Lunchbox78Lunchbox78 Posts: 36
    edited May 2020
    I agree Maw definitely needs a buff.
    Maw has some really cool animations, but besides from that it seems like he’s an unfinished champion. A higher damage output, some longer deterioration, and a higher block rate would be great. I would either vote Maw, or Groot for the next buff poll, but that’s just my opinion.
  • NacroblixNacroblix Posts: 8

I agree Maw definitely needs a buff.
    Maw has some really cool animations, but besides from that it seems like he’s an unfinished champion. A higher damage output, some longer deterioration, and a higher block rate would be great. I would either vote Maw, or Groot for the next buff poll, but that’s just my opinion.

Does Kabam plan to do another buff poll after Hulkbuster buff launches?

• NacroblixNacroblix Posts: 8

Probably not

How often do they launch buffs anyway? Before Hulkbuster the last one I remember is Colossus, was one launched in between the two?
    FRITO_Man said:

His PI is trash, I'll give you that.