**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW New map

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
What was the point of making AW map bigger? Still same amount of defenders but now we have a ton of pointless empty nodes.
Not to mention the teleporting from the portals also consumes energy!

Sure you made it a 1 hour timer but you also made it 4 times bigger!!!
It's especially a problem for alliances like mine who most of us are from Europe and AW already starts pretty late so half the time we are all asleep and can't do more than 4 maybe 5 nodes before signing off for the night.

We also have lives and jobs other than this game you know and can't be on all the time and now we have to be 4 times more active on this game just for AW???

Seriously can anyone tell me what the hell is the point for so many empty nodes that just make it longer with no point or content to it??? I mean other than the clear reason of kabam not wanting us to get any shards so they just made AW a lot harder and more time consuming!!!

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I agree it's terrible, at least start us off with 5 energy it's 3 hours in and I've had 2 fights
  • rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    Pointless to log in every hour to make one step, so far in this war 6 steps 1 fight... ridiculous.. did anybody at kabam test that map?
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    this new map makes we want to rage quit. endless waiting, few fights
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    That's why they made some of the new boost's only last 3 mins (1 fight). Its to milk us even more
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    edited September 2017
    Your math is terrible.
    The map is 1.5x bigger than the OG.
    Our timers are 1hr.
    There are only like 8-12 connecting nodes and most of the rest are base nodes.
    There are 5 mini bosses, instead of 3.

Yes teleporting takes am energy
    .. deal with it. Takes energies in any other quest.
    And this is done so people canr just blast ahead.
    Considering its ALLIANCE war... Key word was alliance as in team.
    So teams can do this.
    Stop **** about it and just deal with it. Nothing you do will change it.
    rozeros wrote: »
    Pointless to log in every hour to make one step, so far in this war 6 steps 1 fight... ridiculous.. did anybody at kabam test that map?

Really 6 steps to 1 fight? Thats funny, i used 5 energy (because I wait for it to be full) and got 3 fights.
    My next 5 will be 4 fights...
    So clearly, you pick easy paths to reach the end quickly, voiding the point of alliance war...
    edited September 2017
    If the fights are longer for you, its because a). Your opponent knows how to defend,
    b). You suck.
    c). Your blind and you dont check nodes before you fight.

Pick one.
    Maybe your all 3...
    Also they said less linked nodes so less waiting around but I took centre and I'm constantly having to wait for double nodes to come down
  • RazorEdge49RazorEdge49 Posts: 14
    Why do we still have 55 nodes for 50 defenders? Dumb. And using XP to get through the portal is also dumb. Our alliance is done. With AW. AQ is way better and so are the rewards.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Worst most boring thing ever. this is a disaster!!! Time has come to end
  • PeterStreitPeterStreit Posts: 47
    edited September 2017
    I agree, they could make war more fun without costing themselves money by simply starting us off with 5 energy. The energy plus linked nodes requirements are stifling the fun of it and making it a chore needlessly. Sure, in theory it is doable, but if one player is limited in his time out of 10, it ruins it for the whole bg and yes, the whole alliance.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    it's kinda obvious. They want you to log in all the time so you spend more time on the game and thus want you to spend more money to get ahead. It's a scheme of all these online games...
  • Its so stupid makes me not want play it at all... horrible idea of a map
  • Yea it does suck...No increase in rewards makes it suck even more too
    Ya. I'm actually surprised by the no increase in reward. I mean, what is the game team thinking. At least be with the new times and add some t2a shards or t1a shards.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This map is garbage. Just a waste of time. They made it bigger so you couldn't take out more than 2-3 nodes with one boost. You used to be able to clear an entire lane with one boost and 5 energy. Now you're lucky to get 3. Lane 1 have 19 flipping moves. How the hell does that make sense?
    This map is garbage. Just a waste of time. They made it bigger so you couldn't take out more than 2-3 nodes with one boost. You used to be able to clear an entire lane with one boost and 5 energy. Now you're lucky to get 3. Lane 1 have 19 flipping moves. How the hell does that make sense?

19 moves...Guess you won't sleep if it's an hour a move....Ya, it's so dumb...they just want you to keep logging in and using boosts.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    it's kinda obvious. They want you to log in all the time so you spend more time on the game and thus want you to spend more money to get ahead. It's a scheme of all these online games...

There is no way to purchase energy for AW/AQ correct?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I don't know what they were thinking with this map, if you go on the outer paths it takes an insane amount of energy just to get to the boss and if one group barely has any members in it it's going to take forever just to traverse.

From where I am ( right before the circle leading to mini bosses) it looks like it's going to take about ten energy just to get there which is just ridiculous and I've barely fought anyone since the war started.

I don't understand why they felt the need to change this map so much, I don't understand why they increased the size of the map, I don't understand why they spread out the map so much.

I don't understand why they did away with hidden information on some tiers, I don't understand why they thought portals would work in a map designed like this.

I don't understand why there's more titles than defenders, I don't understand why the portals cost and I get get how they can justify the costs.

I really don't think they tested this map, when I saw the preview I knew it was going to be bad, when I saw the layout during placement phase I knew it was going be bad, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Whoever desgined this map is completely terrible at their job. They need to shrink it, lose the cost for taking the portals, hide the defender information, re add defender kills, and re structure the whole map but I doubt that's going to happen.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    I'm so glad everyone here dislikes it. I thought I was the minority. This map is a joke. Kabam went from "spend money to progress a little faster" to "spending money is the only way to progress". I wish every alliance had the balls to just not do AW anymore. Unfortunately people rely on it too much for loyalty and the joke AQ donations
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Honestly, whoever designed this map should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    Horrible map .
  • XilefXilef Posts: 19
    Bring back the old one!!!!! To be honest I have never liked portals, and now that you have added it to wars you have ruined the game. Don't feel like playing anymore. Honestly, you couldn't come up with something better. You need better imagination. Two energies to move between portals... really? If all you want is money, let me know I will pitch in to bring back the old war. #pitchintobringbackoldwar
  • Think the map designers have played the game for more than 3 minutes?
    Think the "game team" have played more than 30 second stints just to see how a few things work?
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    @Xilef

I don't see many of posts about energy...it's super baffling how they make a big deal about energy being 1 hour now....but we have to make a lot more moves..lol
    I don't want to play war anymore, it's a horrible joke
    They took down the announcement discussion, it was full of similar feedback