**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam mentioned ‘Quality of Life Changes’...so how about 30min Timer AQ/AW

@Kabam Miike its been years since we have 1 hour timers in AQ/AW and it has become tiring and repetitive now. Because of this most of Alliances have TimeZone criteria for joining them. Also a stressful task for Officers to manage every AW and AQ. This has left players drained and bored.

30 minute timer will allow people to play whenever they want instead of constantly being tagged in chats. But 1 hour timer makes us login whole day again and again to see if our path has been unblocked by other player or not.

Comments

• Options
    WARLORDISHWARLORDISH Posts: 9
    @Mayis by reducing to 30min alliances will finish AQ much faster and save lot of time for the real life. Just recall the days we had 30min timer for a week....AQ was fun and ended in Half Day. But because of 1 hour timer AQ ends at the final few hours of its closing. Sometimes alliances are in panic mode because of this.

Totally Removing Timers is also a good idea...or else just remove all Linked Nodes from this format.
  • Options
    WARLORDISHWARLORDISH Posts: 9
    @Mayis if we both are in different zones and sleep 8 hours....we will still have a common 8 hours period where we will be both awake and have 16 x energies to move. That would be much better than current 1 hour timer.
  • Options
    XniggXnigg Posts: 12
    Yes. Agree change to 30 minutes and have more flexibility .
  • Options
    XniggXnigg Posts: 12
    Every time need to wait till midnight to ensure all AQ path clear . If 30 minutes we will clear it fast and can sleep on time .
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    30 minutes would just make it even more stressful . Instead raise the limit from 5 to 8 . That way once you have a nice eight hour sleep like a normal human being you can wake up and be ready to with 8 moves. The five thing is just stupid. I could understand if it was a money but it’s not even that. It’s just utterly bizarre and stupid limit that makes no sense
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    All 30 min timers do is make you log in more. Quality of life doesn’t change really. Makes it more stressful. People tagging to be cleared more.
  • Options
    LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    30mins timer can help us to finish Aq and aw faster and have more time for us.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    30 min timers mean we have more leeway to join AQ later if we happen to oversleep till 1pm or something and still have enough energy to finish AQ before 10pm. Or if we don't oversleep and join early as we normally do, we can finish AQ map 5+ comfortably before 8pm allowing us to use our best champs that we were presumably using in AQ to finish EQ and story modes.
  • Options
    Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21
    I have to agree, why make it so time consuming, it should more be about the challenge of the map rather then if everyone can take down linked nodes at the right time and have to stay awake till silly o’clock to get all your moves in before bed. Puts me off playing anything above map 5
  • Options
    LilbeargrrLilbeargrr Posts: 27
    AQ overhaul is crucial .. that is the root of burnout in this game .. u can choose or not choose to dish out your hard earned cash to do act 6and 7 .. but alliance participation is the biggest of this game and your community.. start there first!! then we can talk about act 6/7!!
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Deli said:

Whoever is arguing against 30min timers are just trolls. Everytime kabam has switched to 30mins timers in the past AQ was an absolute breeze.

Completely agree, 1 hour AQ and AW timers are stupid. Whoever gave the ok for this should be fired. It ties us to the game way too much and it's very annoying. AQ is cake with 30 minute energy.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Quality of Life changes? Only $9.99/month!!
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,270 ★★★★★

AQ overhaul is crucial .. that is the root of burnout in this game .. u can choose or not choose to dish out your hard earned cash to do act 6and 7 .. but alliance participation is the biggest of this game and your community.. start there first!! then we can talk about act 6/7!!

AQ is not the source of burnout, war is way above that!!

The timers can either help or hinder you, depending on how your alliance reacts. They may push harder in order to clear faster, which means you're on it more in the short term, but the benefit is finishing way early clearing the way to use champs in other content. The 1 hour timer sets a pace for all levels to have time to clear their map within 24 hours. The 1 hour timer ensures you're logged in and engaged over a longer period of time. Cut that in half and folks who have already finished EQ and possibly story, won't be logged in unless they're needed. Kabam would rather have you logged in longer over time than ensure faster completion of AQ and war.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

All 30 min timers do is make you log in more. Quality of life doesn’t change really. Makes it more stressful. People tagging to be cleared more.

Not only that, people who play lower Maps and log on later don't even get to participate because it's done by the time they log on.
    In all honesty, this debate has been around for years. No matter how many times it comes up, they don't work long-term. Ad0ra_ explained long ago that they tested them long-term, and they caused problems. Some people might like finishing faster, but that doesn't necessarily make it best for everyone and the system as a whole.
    It's come up so many times now that I don't enter the debate much anymore. It never gets anywhere. People who want it don't see the other side. People trying to explain why it doesn't work end up going in circles.
  • Options
    Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    Radical thought but why have any timer in aq/aw at all? Its not like kabam makes any money off the timer like in story. I have never heard anyone say timers add to enjoyment. I dont think anyone believes they add to people having to show more skill to complete aq/aw. All they do is cause people having to stay up later then they should to make sure they finish that node and don't screw over the rest of their alliance and general annoyance with the game.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Sunny2 said:

Radical thought but why have any timer in aq/aw at all? Its not like kabam makes any money off the timer like in story. I have never heard anyone say timers add to enjoyment. I dont think anyone believes they add to people having to show more skill to complete aq/aw. All they do is cause people having to stay up later then they should to make sure they finish that node and don't screw over the rest of their alliance and general annoyance with the game.

It's designed to allow team work and organization within a 24-hour period, to accommodate different schedules and Time Zones.
  • Options
    if you think about it from kabams point of view it would probably be even better. You would have more alliances trying map 6s and 7s (prob more item usage) because they would be more confident in completing it as it would be less time commitment for people (not even playing but waiting and being free every hr 2 move up 1 single spot).
  • Options
    No timers would still accommodate less then a 24 hr work period timers actually do more interference than help. But gw u ain't ever done map 6 or map 7 so how would you know? Anyone who's doing map 5s or above there's too many paths that allows for most of the alliance to participate
  • Options
    If your point was map 3s and 4s then keep it in those if you want
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    I don’t care about the timer as much as I do the linked nodes, their the real evil of questing. Get rid of them and just put a boss on each path end. That way we’re not all reliant on each other to get out lanes done but there’s also a challenge.
  • Options
    TheJargonTheJargon Posts: 19
    I’ve always found the double gating of AQ/AW progress to be super annoying. I understand using the linked nodes or timers to slow us down a little, but do we really need both? Just pick one, at least for the lower levels.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Linked nodes are the true issue. But Kabam adds them because they want to hit certain metrics for log-ins. They’re financially incentivized to force players to log in multiple times per day.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Think about how insane the time requirements are if even Brian Grant feels he can’t keep up.

It’s honestly unhealthy and pretty manipulative. Eventually society is going to look at these mobile gaming tactics and pass laws that govern other addictive vices like alcohol or regular gambling.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Not only that, people who play lower Maps and log on later don't even get to participate because it's done by the time they log on.
    In all honesty, this debate has been around for years. No matter how many times it comes up, they don't work long-term. Ad0ra_ explained long ago that they tested them long-term, and they caused problems. Some people might like finishing faster, but that doesn't necessarily make it best for everyone and the system as a whole.
    It's come up so many times now that I don't enter the debate much anymore. It never gets anywhere. People who want it don't see the other side. People trying to explain why it doesn't work end up going in circles.
    Yup
  • Options
    AtulitAtulit Posts: 11
    I am experienced map6 aq player , leader of alliance which ranks nearly 310 every aq. Aq starts 12:30 am according to my timezone . I join and i have to stay awake for like 1-2 hr to unlink another guy.
    I have a suggestion ...to remove outgoing nodes(link nodes) From section 1 and section 2 and keep nodes linked to boss only in sec 3 . This will make sure all lanes are covered .
    Keeping nodes free in sec1 and sec2 will make aq easy flowing as no one have to wait for anyone to unlink them . Every player can login every 4-5 hr complete there lane . They will have no stress to unlink any path .
    Keep whatever link u want on main boss.
    I believe this improvement will make aq enjoyable and remove stress to login in every 3 hrs. And even if a person is going on a vacation can enjoy vacation as they have to login 1-2 times for aq . Alliance won't suffer nor that person . I know u guys have no idea abt how difficult it is to get stable connection while u r on a vacation . Login every 2-3 hrs while on a vacation - u guys too have a family u guys can understand what happens .