**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where this game is going .

Well I was thinking of asking all of you from a long time , but now , really where are we exactly going in this game , relevance of champs are decreasing day by day , 1 and 2* were far over , 3* is still playable in monthly quest , but they have no relevance in act 5 .Act 5.3 , the latest edition is no doubt easy in terms of difficulty , but damage reduction of 50% makes 3* completely useless , even maxed 4* takes 100+ hits to kill , and you are also adding 6* , so what do you want after that , spend money get 5* and 6* and then what . You guys introduced challenger rating , after which block proficiency was out of the question , normal hits in act 5 are doing a damage of 1000+ to my 4* champs . What exactly you guys want , do you want to remove all those guys who don't want to spend time or money , because this game is all about getting your champs stronger which is not easy if you won't spend either your time or money . So at the end I just want that you guys should think of players who don't spend money and time and also who have life , please . Make this games better again , and please don't create a game where 1, 2, 3, & 4 and most of the 5* are useless .

Comments

• Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    they will just close this thread without any response.. sad to say, but they don't listen to this kind of request
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Dhruvg wrote: »
    because this game is all about getting your champs stronger which is not easy if you won't spend either your time or money

So you only want new content that can be solved by 1*s? And yes, you need to play the game to advance.
  • Options
    What exactly you guys want , do you want to remove all those guys who don't want to spend time or money , because this game is all about getting your champs stronger which is not easy if you won't spend either your time or money .

The vast majority of players of the game almost certainly do not put in huge amounts of money or time. But they are also satisfied with just playing the game and doing the content as it comes to them, advancing at a pace consistent with their investment in the game. This game is great for genuinely casual players because they do not have to spend any money, they do not have to invest a lot of time, and they have enough content to last them forever.

The people who have the most problems are the players who do not want to spend money, do not want to spend time, but do want to be at the top of the game. This game can afford to lose those players, because it cannot and should not do anything to retain them.

If you don't spend money, can't spend a lot of time, and do have a lot of life commitments, relax. Act 5 isn't going anywhere. And as the top players get stronger, Kabam will continue to offer more "medium" rewards that will be a bonanza to medium and lower players. A year ago 5* champions were relatively scarce. They gave away half a 5* champion in August just for showing up.

In fact, 6* champions are the savior of casual players, not their bane. Casual players might have no chance to complete Act 5 currently because they have lesser skills and smaller and weaker rosters. If the game never changed, they might never be able to take down Act 5. But because the game continues to progress upward, next year 6* champions will come along, and 5* champions will become easier to get. Players who have weak 4* rosters today will have decent 5* champions in a year. They will probably have a 6* champion in less than two. Meanwhile Act 5 will continue to sit there not getting any stronger. Casual players will keep getting more and more opportunities to get stronger, and eventually they will get strong enough to take on Act 5. And they will be able to do it without investing the same time, money, and resources as the players doing it now.

They just need to be patient, and have reasonable expectations about what their time and money (or lack thereof) will be able to achieve quickly.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    If you don't put in the time or effort to grow your roster to advance than you only have yourself to blame. Who wants a game where you start with a 2* champ and thats sufficient to take you through the entire game. Pretty much defeats the whole purpose of even playing. Not everyone spends money either and does just fine in this game.
    If you don't wanna put in time and effort, on you. No complaining for your choices.
    If you're unable to put in the time because of family, work, etc, than you simply need to quit worrying about a game and not complain because you have to "ADULT" and a game doesn't fit into your life.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    This game isn't going anywhere. I think this is something we all know but disregard.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    It's going nowwhere honestly. You strive to build your lineup to a certain position where you are powerful. But then...Kabaaaaamm.... here come the 6*...then you start all over......then you build up your 6* spend a lot of time and money...then Kabaaaaammm... here come the 7*....being sarcastic, but you know I'm totally right.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I think people is misunderstanding op and many others ops with the same question.
    The issue isn't about play and complete the game without spending money or wasting time or both, the issue is because really you should spend almost a mortgage and/or play as a full job if you want progress and success in the game, otherwise you'll go to nowhere same as the content will not go anywhere.

Yes sure, I know someone will tell his fairytale about how he's top100 and 700k profile playing just 5min per day and spending maybe $5 in three years playing.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I think people is misunderstanding op and many others ops with the same question.
    The issue isn't about play and complete the game without spending money or wasting time or both, the issue is because really you should spend almost a mortgage and/or play as a full job if you want progress and success in the game, otherwise you'll go to nowhere same as the content will not go anywhere.

Yes sure, I know someone will tell his fairytale about how he's top100 and 700k profile playing just 5min per day and spending maybe $5 in three years playing.
    If you're not putting in active time and playing casual than you should just expect to slowly progress. Theres casual alliance for that and they grow just find, just slower than your active players. But when you play at that pace there really isn't a need to complain that your roster isn't instantly up to par for every new quest that comes out. Just continue your casual play and slowly work toward it
  • Options
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

I understand just fine. If you were correct that you needed to spend huge amounts of money or enormous amounts of time to make progress in the game, I would agree that is an issue. But that isn't remotely true. The only thing you cannot do if you do not spend a lot of time and money on the game is challenge the top players that do. But you can make progress in the game at all levels at whatever pace you want to play, it is just that the less you play the slower your progress will be.

And even with that caveat, it isn't true that you could be trapped at some lower level of play forever. As the median point of players passes you, your progress pace will increase even if you do nothing different, because the reward system will simply start giving out more baseline rewards for baseline play. That has always been objectively true, and makes all of these complaints about time and money for progress objectively false.

The fact that it is trivially easy to see how the game scales rewards over time makes me less sympathetic about people who complain about "not being able to progress" in this game. Even if all you do is log in once a day, eventually this game simply hands you progress for free. For spending literally nothing and doing literally nothing but logging in.
  • Options
    Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    I agree with the "just wait" kind of thing. RoL 2 years ago looked almost impossible for most players. Now most people can clear it without using any units. a year from now when 6*s become more popular and 5*s can be maxed, Act 5 and LoL will be much easier. You could always spend the money now to get the rewards and have an advantage or you can simply wait until you build up your roster the old fashioned way.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Am I incorrect in thinking the point is more about wanting to feel competitive?

I mean yeah you can be super casual, but if it's more fun to play AW and have a good roster and do all the content then you need to be competitive. Being competitive in this game is indeed incredibly difficult.

I've given up on it at this point after the Grandmaster crystals were added. My five star roster wasn't that great anyways (just "ok" luck with pulls and no god tier champs at 5 star level). Now someone can just buy a bunch of five stars if they are willing to spend the money on it (which I am not). I have no way to compete with that.

I'm ok with being casual about the game, but I could see how other people who have been grinding for all that time just to be outdone by those who can spend more could get frustrated. This game has always had a lot of "pay to win" involved in it though.

So, I'm just wondering if what the original poster is saying is that they want to be allowed to be competitive without having to spend a lot. Having to put in the time/effort is required though. No one gets something for nothing (and if you could you wouldn't play the game because it would be super boring).
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    because this game is all about getting your champs stronger which is not easy if you won't spend either your time or money

So you only want new content that can be solved by 1*s? And yes, you need to play the game to advance.

Kabam already makes progressively harder content. You don't need to nerf what are already weaker champs (1*s, 2*, 3* etc..and now 4*s) with Challenger Rating.

They can make the game more difficult without nerfing. Just give us higher health and higher attack opponents with interesting nodes. There are many creative ways to give us a better game but they keep rehashing the same old ideas.