**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursion boss doesn’t give you the chance to regenerate

Naim54321Naim54321 Posts: 124
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
In Incursions the boss has 2 Linked nodes and if you don’t want to be degenerating like hell you need to make sure you and your friend get rid of those linked nodes. But if all of their characters are dead you have to deal with a boss that degenerates your health 3% every second! I read in the Incursion post from Kabam Miike saying: ‘The Boss will now have one or more Local Nodes and no longer Degenerates if both link nodes have been taken down, and your Champions will no longer regenerate when striking them’. That last bit of him saying ‘and your champions will no longer regenerate when striking them’. Is there a missing linked node for the Incursion bosses where we’re supposed to regenerate if we strike the boss? Like that Life-steal node in Act 5 Chapter 1? Have Kabam forgotten about this???

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Naim54321 said:

In Incursions the boss has 2 Linked nodes and if you don’t want to be degenerating like hell you need to make sure you and your friend get rid of those linked nodes. But if all of their characters are dead you have to deal with a boss that degenerates your health 3% every second! I read in the Incursion post from Kabam Miike saying: ‘The Boss will now have one or more Local Nodes and no longer Degenerates if both link nodes have been taken down, and your Champions will no longer regenerate when striking them’. That last bit of him saying ‘and your champions will no longer regenerate when striking them’. Is there a missing linked node for the Incursion bosses where we’re supposed to regenerate if we strike the boss? Like that Life-steal node in Act 5 Chapter 1? Have Kabam forgotten about this???

It was a dungeon thing. If both linked node were down, you’d regen while attacking instead of degenerating.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,609 Guardian
    Probably in reference to previous DUNGEONS, where if both links were down you would actually be healing yourself during the fight as you attack the boss.

That is not present anymore, instead, there are the 2 different health options at the end of each room when you beat the boss (Team Revive or Team Heal, or Pickup Boss Module)
  • Naim54321Naim54321 Posts: 124

Are you sure that’s what he means? Kabam, can you make it more clear about what you mean
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,609 Guardian
    edited May 2020
    Can’t read his mind, but exactly sure that this used to be a thing in the former Dungeons. You would be able to regain health throughout the Boss Fight (when both links were down).

Anyways, it says “no longer”. So nothing to worry about because it's not part of Incursions.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Yeah, it says you will no longer regenerate when striking the boss. But, you will have an option to heal after you beat the boss.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Naim54321 said:

Are you sure that’s what he means? Kabam, can you make it more clear about what you mean

Kabam talked about this in a Dorky Dave video interview earlier in the year. He was differentiating Incursions and Dungeons boss node behavior.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    This new heal (optional) is better than dungeons..half the time the boss would turtle up and you'd only be healing 1-3% per hit in the old dungeons, so it would rarely benefit you much.

Here you get a 20% revive or 40% heal - much better. Only downside is losing the boss module hack to do it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It is intentional. If you want to heal, choose the heal from the thing at the end
    edited May 2020

Can’t read his mind, but exactly sure that this used to be a thing in the former Dungeons. You would be able to regain health throughout the Boss Fight (when both links were down).

Anyways, it says “no longer”. So nothing to worry about because it's not part of Incursions.

What I means is, what if there’s only one linked node out and the other one is still there cause your friend can’t get rid of it. Does Kabam Miike means if both linked nodes are out you no longer degenerate or you can no longer degenerate and no longer heal when you hit into them or you can no longer degenerate and you can no longer regenerate when you hit into them like in Dungeons? And then he goes on to say ‘Need the health’ and all that. But what does he mean by ‘Need the health’, I know you can heal using the choice node but why say ‘Need the health’ unless there is supposed to be a healing factor while fighting the boss?

• AHawkJockAHawkJock Posts: 45
    Naim54321 said:

What I means is, what if there’s only one linked node out and the other one is still there cause your friend can’t get rid of it. Does Kabam Miike means if both linked nodes are out you no longer degenerate or you can no longer degenerate and no longer heal when you hit into them or you can no longer degenerate and you can no longer regenerate when you hit into them like in Dungeons? And then he goes on to say ‘Need the health’ and all that. But what does he mean by ‘Need the health’, I know you can heal using the choice node but why say ‘Need the health’ unless there is supposed to be a healing factor while fighting the boss?

You degenerate 3% health per second if one linked node is up. There is no regen during the fight.

If both links are down, it is a normal fight with no degen and regen, only the nodes on the boss.
  • I understand why this could be confusing to those that did not play Dungeons. This was to highlight the difference between the two. Now, if you'd like to heal your Champions in an Incursion, you'll want to use a Potion or the Heal option from the Choice Node after defeating the Boss
  • Chacha888Chacha888 Posts: 44
    Naim54321 said:

The dungeon boss used to degenerate health when both links were down. When I faced Electro, I used to turtle and let him degenerate to death. What Kabam is stating is that is no longer the case in incursions. Even with both links down, the boss will not lose health on his own. It has nothing to do with player degeneration when one of the link is not down.

I understand why this could be confusing to those that did not play Dungeons. This was to highlight the difference between the two. Now, if you'd like to heal your Champions in an Incursion, you'll want to use a Potion or the Heal option from the Choice Node after defeating the Boss

Alright, thanks for clearing things up