**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam - let's just call it a day and revert this horrific war implementation.

roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
It's seriously botched.

The maps are ridiculously confusing, takes quadruple the effort to get to the end, and made the nodes themselves insanely easy.

What were you guys really going for? Are you looking into the feedback at all? I know it's "early" but the universal sentiment thus far is utterly distaste and disgust. It's causing many alliances to rethink running war at all going forward.

I think you guys genuinely tried to revitalize it but it's proving to be a massive failure. I think a big reason for a lot of the frustration is the player base being left in the dark about what problem are you guys trying to solve?

At the end of the day we log in throughout the day because we enjoy playing this game, except this new war just isn't fun. Nobody wants to even play it and it hasn't even been 24 hours. That's a really concerning red flag.

PS: if not for nothing, do the right thing and refund us the resources spent on the scout masteries. At least acknowledge it for goodness sake.

Comments

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I haven't played it enough yet to know what all of the nodes look like. It does seem easier, but I actually like the layout and the set up.

Just make the nodes harder (or more interesting, totally okay with class specific nodes or bane or whatever), and it's definitely better than the previous iteration.

I know forums are a place to vent, but lets not exaggerate too much here. The current AW isn't even over yet, and the map only came out today.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    A portal takes 3 energy (3 hours). The large majority of the .map is 1 or 2 fight per 5 energy.
    I play AW tier 4, im not sure the rewards are worth moving 19 spaces on a empty map.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    I haven't played it enough yet to know what all of the nodes look like. It does seem easier, but I actually like the layout and the set up.

Just make the nodes harder (or more interesting, totally okay with class specific nodes or bane or whatever), and it's definitely better than the previous iteration.

I know forums are a place to vent, but lets not exaggerate too much here. The current AW isn't even over yet, and the map only came out today.

The nodes aren't a problem so far it's the design and the energy costs to traverse the map. Once you start playing the map you'll realize how absurd the costs are.

I am still not at a mini boss and have been checking in every hour or so just to move and have only fought a few people so far and it'll take me hours just to get to the mini boss and hours after to get to the boss.

This map is terribly designed, it's to big, to spread out and the energy costs are to high for the same crappy rewards.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Just need to reduce the timer, all is well.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    It's unimaginably bad, very mundane, very boring as well. I'm in tier 2 and u can see who the minis are!! Why? I was already bored, now have no desire really.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    ist the first WAR! i realy apreciate that the nodes are not that Horror (tier4 actually).
    Now you have to Play for the whole Day and not just 2 Loggins and its done.
    I Think thats what they intended.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Yeah the nodes are a bit easier than before, classes are visible and well there are 5 mini-bosses, but they are visible as well. Idk what's wrong with people ? If they make really hard nodes, they start crying about how kabam wants their money etc etc ( when 90% of them don't even spend any). There's literally hundreds of posts on AW discussion thread about that. If they make it somewhat doable, they start whining 'TOO EASY, WHAT A BREEZE, NO FUN AT ALL'

If you don't like it, just DON'T DO IT.
  • _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I don't understand how our 5 mill alliance got paired with a 1 mill ally. I'm fighting 3*s? Ugh...

Damn it we are 2mil and got paired with 5 mil. We are getting reked now
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I'm happy with the war set up, if anything keep the old set up too for us to have 3* wars
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I don't think they'll revert back to the old war format. but hopefully I'm wrong. This is concerning but on a different level in War. before the biggest complaint was unfair war matchmaking (a simple line or 10 of code would seriously fix that problem). But now i'm hearing that it's taking 19 hours to finish two paths.

I'll say that the war map sucks. It's confusing to start and I get that with time it will become easier to decipher, but it's like they threw 6 different mini maps and shat on a screen. It's really unpolished. Not a fan of teleports but whatever, it doesn't feel like a team game as it did before.

Kabam, if any of you are reading this, slow down. I think you are all super smart and doing a great job, but you need to stop rushing into things that drastically change how the game is played. Your beta testers need to be more like Brian Hoyer and not the Joe Montana's that you all are. I know you got some fancy new program for this, but you're over complicating it. K.I.S.S.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Old war map was better. That's all. New map looks lazy and unimaginative. I enjoyed war, probably my favorite part of the game. New war on first blush is a big let down.

Alliances come in all shapes and sizes and although I will admit the new nodes feel easier this map now requires a stronger bg all around. You need 5 boss killers per bg and have to make sure your weakest can at least clear an entire path. With the old map you needed 3 killers and then you could in part fill in the blanks
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I agree with @Mcord11758 The old map seemed easier to navigate but had more challenging nodes but we did it for a long time. Dont resist change guys, its day one and the first war isnt even over yet. Give it at least a few weeks before you start begging for old AW. I do think they should have run new AW and classic AW with seprate war ratings. Thatd be cool, allys could chose which AW to run.

And as far as the mini bosses and no defender kills go, you guys know why they did this. They want people to spend, period. If you worked for Kabam and profited off of players, wouldnt you design AW for the spenders? It just means more money for you, come on guys dont be silly.

• 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    THe map is alittle big thats sure, the timer needs to go down to maybe 45min, as for the nodes, i just want something different apart from large health boosts to the enemy. For example for a 100%health boost maybe inclde unstoppable heavy atack.that way i might even bring my joe fixit for that node.or longer stun duration and unblockable sp1 for thor or ronan. defender diversity then becomes important.. it only makes fights longer and with my maxed wolvie its a good thing since wolvie regen works better in longer fights. i could just bring a synergy team with my maxed wolvie and take the right path, thats where most of the health boosts are.All in all, wars just became easier.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    The map and timer are fine I think. We are all at mini bosses now. Half our bg is U.K. Time zone the other half is est U.S time zone and we have made it to the mini bosses at 9 am u.s. Est so not seeing much issue with energy. Needs more coordination between players. The big issues is five mini boss our bg has 3 bk so others will have to step there game up. But overall I like the new map personally. The only complaint I have is rewards should have been adjusted weather in the crystals themselves i.e. Getting rid of arena boosts or amount of shards. I think the fact that some of the nodes are easier is based on the fact we have 5 mini bosses to deal with so that's fine too. This will take some getting use to but war was getting boring so to me this is a fresh breath of air and more exciting. But yeah definitely still mystic wars.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I don't think they'll revert back to the old war format. but hopefully I'm wrong. This is concerning but on a different level in War. before the biggest complaint was unfair war matchmaking (a simple line or 10 of code would seriously fix that problem). But now i'm hearing that it's taking 19 hours to finish two paths.

I'll say that the war map sucks. It's confusing to start and I get that with time it will become easier to decipher, but it's like they threw 6 different mini maps and shat on a screen. It's really unpolished. Not a fan of teleports but whatever, it doesn't feel like a team game as it did before.

Kabam, if any of you are reading this, slow down. I think you are all super smart and doing a great job, but you need to stop rushing into things that drastically change how the game is played. Your beta testers need to be more like Brian Hoyer and not the Joe Montana's that you all are. I know you got some fancy new program for this, but you're over complicating it. K.I.S.S.

Are you playing the new map? Because in you comment you said (But now i'm hearing that it's taking 19 hours to finish two paths. ) So this is kinda of saying you're not playing it. Can't really complain if you're not playing. That's like not voting but complaining about the results. Just saying try it out before you judge. Plus some of the new nodes are pretty cool gives so a lot of diversity in picking defensive champs.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    You should all know by now they dont care. It will not change back. And we will be told adapt! Deal with it! So your best bet is quit playin.

P.s. and how do you know what "most" alliances want or dont want? Just wondering if they hit you up for advice. JK

You're adorable. It's called being in numerous groups that represents hundreds of alliances. Everyone is saying the same thing.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Only parts I don't like are def kill points being gone and this champ diversity thing. The map itself is fine and it's good to change up every now and then.

None boss nodes are a bit easy though.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I am disappointed in the small number of new node buffs, and how sloppily the map is laid out. It needs to at least be pulled closer together for easier visibility of the paths. The energy usage is annoying as well, and reduces the ability to effectively utilize boosts. I also do not like seeing all the classes and the mini bosses, as it takes a lot of strategy out of placement.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Quite the opposite. The new layout takes about a whole 5 minutes to re-learn and understand. And the whole 'spend to win' saying is a bit far-fetched after seeing the map. In fact I am very glad I will have to spend far less now :)

You've memorized all the nodes and how they change according to the tier? There are easy nodes for sure, but 5 mini bosses will likely require more item usage.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Even the new mini boss nodes aren't that bad we cleared 100% today all bgs 2 potions used overall. Tier 2 AW against an 11 mil alliance. I think this is gonna backfire if they looking to up item use.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It is not confusing but it is ridiculously easy, a strategy now might just be to place as many different defenders as possible even if they are bad defenders for diversity points since 90% of the time both alliance will explore 100% or at least get very close to that
  • Quite the opposite. The new layout takes about a whole 5 minutes to re-learn and understand. And the whole 'spend to win' saying is a bit far-fetched after seeing the map. In fact I am very glad I will have to spend far less now :)

Exactly. I see no problem with it.

• DingusKahnDingusKahn Posts: 12
    Dear Kabam: Did you expect Tier1 to clear 5 overpowered r4 minis? If your goal was to increase item use (as always), your new creation has done the opposite. Would like to thank you for that. You've finally transformed our 2500 wr alliance into one that doesn't expect spending in AW
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The 1 hour timers are nice.... BUT the energy needed and the time needed is insane and takes way too much time.
This discussion has been closed.