**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rifts and rng??

ColleenColleen Posts: 173
I’ve been able to do 5 rifts and I’m starting to get a feeling that’s it’s trolling me. Do we have to pick up the awakening gem for it to change...I’ve had one skill awakening gem and FOUR science. Even though I still have 8 chances left at a cosmic I’m still getting worried and honestly quite angry. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I've done three rifts back to back and each time I got the same thing, the Tier 4 Basic Cat. I find it interesting to get the same thing three times in a row. Anyone else have this kind of odds when doing rifts?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    First two rifts I got 4500 T5B, which was nice to a degree.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It's just rng. Is it one of the more common drops?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

It has an 11% chance. There are three other items which have a higher percentage, that being T4 Basic Cat Fragments (18,000)(16%), 4-Star Hero Crystal Shards(2000)(16%), and Tier 4 Class Cat Frags (9000)(13%). /

By the way did another rift today and got T4 Basic Catalyst. I'm certainly not complaining, but find it interesting that I keep getting the same item.

LOL
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Colleen said:

I’ve been able to do 5 rifts and I’m starting to get a feeling that’s it’s trolling me. Do we have to pick up the awakening gem for it to change...I’ve had one skill awakening gem and FOUR science. Even though I still have 8 chances left at a cosmic I’m still getting worried and honestly quite angry. Has anyone else had this problem?

The RNG does seem a little weird. But I think it's more confirmation bias than anything else. My pulls so far in order have been.

4500 T5B
    4500 T5B
    Cosmic Awakening Gem (Chronometer choice)
    5 Mutant Sigs
    4500 T5B

It's definitely.... Weird.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    I’ve done five so far and all I’ve seen are four mystics and one cosmic. Doesn’t help that every time I do the rifts as well I get the worst rewards. Pulled sig stones 3 times 2k shards once and now 100 6* shards.

I’m feeling pretty gloomy here as well.
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    I really wouldn’t care if the gems switched around but it’s not switching at all and if I don’t get cosmic 1/13 times imma be real p*ssed like something’s up and I didn’t lose out on 5 rooms just to get 4500 t5 shards or 100 6* shards
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    I have opened 5 rifts & have seen 2-Cosmic, 2-Tech, & 1-Mystic...wish my RNG would more randomized because I need a Skill gem. BTW; the rewards have been 2k -5*, 2-T2A, 4.5K T5B, & 5-Tech Sig stones...so far a meh event for me.
  • Vas7hVas7h Posts: 27
    I've had:
    100 6* shards
    5x Skill sig Stones
    1x T2 Alpha
    5x Mutant sig Stones
    2000 5* shards

Gems were:
    Skill, Cosmic, Mutant, Mystic, Skill

Chronometer still with me

Kabam rng Op!
    @Vas7h is that sarcasm?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    My rifts have been:
    1,000 5 star shards
    Tech sigs
    1,000 5 star shards
    Science Awakening Gem (Chronometer)
    Skill sigs.
    As usual, I keep getting the bottom rung of the rewards. I mean, I need the Sig stones for pretty much all classes, but at this point in the game, it really should be more than 5 class based ones. I prefer that they are 10-15 generic ones in the future.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I've done 10 epic rifts so far and I've been pretty happy with my results. This isn't the exact order, but it's close.
    1k 5*
    2k 5*
    100 6*
    100 6*
    Mystic sig stones
    Cosmic sig stones
    Mystic awakening gem
    T2a
    4.5k t5b
    5 star featured (domino)

No chronometer for me! Rolling the dice every time
    @Xdonre thats a lot better rng than others as I said I had 4 science gems and for the past YEAR I’ve pulled 4 science gems from ag crystals
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I haven't checked what awakening gems have been in the rifts because I'm not getting the chronometer. I've done 10 epic rifts so far
    1k 5*
    2k 5*
    100 6*
    100 6*
    Mystic sig stones
    Cosmic sig stones
    Mystic awakening gem
    T2a
    4.5k t5b
    5 star featured (domino)
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Colleen said:

You got about a 17% chance of getting the AG you want each time you enter, so, it is part of Kabam's use of RNG in everything they do. Lots of times you get burnt, on occasion you win.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I swear the game knows I’m after the sig stones, and despite it being the highest chance to pull, I've gotten them once. Keep getting 1k 5* shards over and over
  • Vas7hVas7h Posts: 27
    No, don't get me wrong i think i will be trolled and the class i need will never show up.
    Interestingly enough i also got 2 encounters with Platpool and that happened the 2 times i got the sig stones.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    1st. Sig stones
    2nd. 100 6*
    3rd. 1k 5*
    (saved for the chronometer at this point for a gem)
    4th. T2A
    5th. 10k 5*
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Cosmic was on my path today but I already have 2 cosmic gems so just went random
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I've seen a good mix of classes except the one I'm after (mutant)
    Anyone who’s disagreeing can you explain why??? Idk how you can disagree with what I get in my rifts? I’m honestly just confused I get rng and and all that but if I really don’t get one cosmic outta 13 rifts something is definitely wrong
  • MadMax578MadMax578 Posts: 7
    I have now run 10 epic rifts and have got the following... this is 100% accurate and it’s my only account. I think my rifts might be broken (not that I will complain too much except it would be nice if it was stuck on 10,000 5 star shards instead lol)
    1. 5x sig stones
    2. 5x sig stones
    3. Science 5* AG
    4. 1,000 shards 5* crystal
    5. 2,000 shards 5* crystal
    6. Tier 2 Alpha catalyst
    7. Tier 5 Basic fragments 4500
    8. Tier 5 Basic fragments 4500
    9. Tier 5 Basic fragments 4500
    10. Tier 5 Basic fragments 4500

Just finished my latest one right now before coming here - Four Tier 5 fragments in a row for the past few days can’t be coincidence surely?!
  • MadMax578MadMax578 Posts: 7
    Not used a chronometer and not intending to - won’t give up 5 days worth of rewardsAt this rate for one Awakening Gem!
    @madmax it depends what you need in game honestly depending on luck I’d rather have that awakening gem than t5 basic
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    MadMax578 said:

Not used a chronometer and not intending to - won’t give up 5 days worth of rewardsAt this rate for one Awakening Gem!

It's funny. I went into today's and saw a skill gem. I'm like, I could awaken kilamonger, but wasn't quite sure I wanted to buy the Chrono for it. So I went random and landed on the skill gem anyway. Go figure. My other account had a mystic gem and Doom said, don't chance it a-hole. Buy the chrono.

Sometimes the rng gods favor you, and sometimes they don't. Last time they did rifts, I got the one star chest every single time. Was the worst event ever for me.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Guessing my luck is high...
    2x t2 alpha
    2x featured crystals
    1x awakening gem (tech)
    1x t5b 4500 frags
    3x sig stones (science x2 and mutant x1)

No chronometer used at all
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    edited May 2020
    Oddly enough, since I bought the Chronometer (to get a Cosmic AG) I’ve landed on 2 Science AG’s in a row.

Before that, no such luck.