**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Intel with real money?!?!?!?

AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
It was fair when Kabam introduced that everyone would get equal intel with red room missions. But what is this?!!?. Kabam is basically giving away free content to those who buy these deals? What about those who don't buy these deals? Will they be limited to the number of rifts they can open and get rewards from? This is super unfair as kabam is basically limiting us to content because us players who don't pay can't do the extra content which is locked behind a paywall.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

How dosen't it affect me that I don't get more rewards? It's literally paywall on the rifts.

Ther is a limited one rifs ther can do So no real them ther bruget the cormeter can get like all the last 5 so aw it that ways u don’t lost a bunch I’m don’t hav the money if I’m had I’m wil ha brugt them but wil not had help me with anything

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This happening was announced in the thread so I fail to see how they could possibly be interpreted to have said everyone gets an equal amount.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    All that intel is in the store is an offer with an extra step, and it hardly benefits anyone who didn’t buy the chrono anyway
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The true beneficiaries are ones who bought the chronometer, if they buy the extra Intel, they get more chances at the highest room, otherwise they will be paying for Intel only to get in the lower rooms.

Why is this a surprise to anyone, buying extra has always been part of this game?!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Would be more enticing if there was a way to enter more rifts.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    You realise they do this on virtually every single monthly event that has some form of additional currency?

They always chuck a few of whatever the event is in the daily deals towards the end of the month.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    AouxWoux said:

It was fair when Kabam introduced that everyone would get equal intel with red room missions. But what is this?!!?. Kabam is basically giving away free content to those who buy these deals? What about those who don't buy these deals? Will they be limited to the number of rifts they can open and get rewards from? This is super unfair as kabam is basically limiting us to content because us players who don't pay can't do the extra content which is locked behind a paywall.

The content would be behind a paywall if you couldn’t access rifts without spending.

You can still access it and if people want to spend money to get more then why not?

You could use the same logic to say that any deals that include shards put champs behind a paywall. You can earn shards as F2P and you can buy extra, it’s the same here

If you don’t want to buy the deal then don’t, you still get access to riffs at the same rate that you did before this deal was introduced.

If we didn’t have deals and people who were prepared to buy them then there wouldn’t be a game to play as paying developers and game team needs to be done from revenue generated in game. That means either offers or adverts.

Would you prefer they removed all offers but you had to watch a 20 second video between each fight?? Guessing the answer is no so the people who are buying these offers are basically giving you a better quality of life in game
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    The amount we get to free is enough to do all the available rifts of our highest difficulty if anything this might be able to allow people to do all rifts + the Chronometer meter if they Buy every single daily special
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Rifts always come with this type of offer at the end to buy entry. Nothing new really.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Total of 1500 more intel, which means 3 additional Epic rifts, for a total of $35 (plus the standard Cavalier daily offer) over a week.

Perhaps it’s because my rifts have been uninspiring, but I’m not envious of someone getting 3 extra runs for that price.

Dr. Zola

And that will only benefit people who did buy the chronometer as everyone else will be all out of epic rifts to buy.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

DrZola said:

Total of 1500 more intel, which means 3 additional Epic rifts, for a total of $35 (plus the standard Cavalier daily offer) over a week.

Perhaps it’s because my rifts have been uninspiring, but I’m not envious of someone getting 3 extra runs for that price.

Dr. Zola

And that will only benefit people who did buy the chronometer as everyone else will be all out of epic rifts to buy.
    Right. We’ve got 9 more targets and some intel banked (208 for me—bought and used chronometer already), which means chronometer purchasers who used it have 5 more Epic rift runs.

I felt like I hit the jackpot when I finally got a T2a (9%) from one of my 6 random rifts, which have otherwise produced the bottom 2-3 rewards.

For me, the prizes are too skewed toward less useful things to justify spending for 3 additional chances with the same pRNG— all the more reason why I don’t envy anyone a few more tries. I’d rather drop $35 on a new board game, finally eating lunch outside somewhere and having a couple of drinks or a litany of other things I find more satisfying.

Dr. Zola
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    So who ther benfis From is who had use chronometers.
  • GATE55GATE55 Posts: 39
    Was expecting this same as the nuts events 🥜
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 382 ★★
    Power of money!!!

You, no money? Quiet!! No money, no honey!!

😆😆😆
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 382 ★★
    AouxWoux said:

...who don't pay can't do the extra content which is locked behind a paywall.

yeah, I know your feelin' bro.
    Just like stand still looking in the restaurant through shiny window to see those rich whales devour cheese lobsters, creamy oysters, stewed pepper beef, drink red yummy wine... 🤤
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Everytime people complain about F2P not getting the same advantages as paying players I think of this.

• Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    I fail to understand why ate people ate mad that people who spend money get more stuff than those who don't? It makes no sense, do you seriously believe people who pay to play should get the same as those who dont
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    Sorry whiners, this is life. If you want to pay, you will get an advantage. If you don’t, you won’t. Neither side is forced to spend a dime, it’s your choice. Quit crying about it, it’s ridiculous.
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Guys, I am not saying that everything is unfair. Instead I believe that paying people should get a advantage over who don't. But putting content against a paywall is something I am worried about. The grandmaster daily deals are absolutely hot garbage and dont want to buy them.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

Guys, I am not saying that everything is unfair. Instead I believe that paying people should get a advantage over who don't. But putting content against a paywall is something I am worried about. The grandmaster daily deals are absolutely hot garbage and dont want to buy them.

Can non paying people do the rifts? Yes.
    Can paying people enter more rifts IF they purchased the Chronometer prior? Yes.

That is not a pay wall. Entry is free for everyone. Paying people get more entries. This happens in a lot of places outside of this game.