**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How many units do you think exploring Uncollected EQ is worth?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
I can complete the monthly Uncollected EQ on the easy paths, but getting exploration is difficult sometimes. It's got me wondering, if I have to use a bunch of revives to fully explore every map, and a team revive costs 100 units, are the rewards worth it?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,991 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    For 100% UCEQ, if I can get by with stash alone, I'm good.
    But if stash empty, I'm fine if I use a bare minimum of 80 units for revives. Usually only goes above that if a boss is particularly tricky. I remember the Mojo boss in his UCEQ. :neutral: had to use a sizable chunk there.
    As for you, I'd say 120 units is fine for exploration. Anything more and you should probably rechoose path choice and pump your champs up a bit
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    FineDog said:

I can complete the monthly Uncollected EQ on the easy paths, but getting exploration is difficult sometimes. It's got me wondering, if I have to use a bunch of revives to fully explore every map, and a team revive costs 100 units, are the rewards worth it?

Perhaps a bit trite, but it depends on how much those units are worth to you. If units are extremely hard to come by, I wouldn't spend them on full exploration: i'd simply continue working on practicing the skills necessary to do it cheaply. But if you grind a lot of arena or spend a lot of money anyway, and the units you'd spend is a tiny fraction of what you acquire every month, then it might be perfectly fine to spend them.

Look at the full exploration rewards and ask yourself if Kabam put them on sale for the amount of units you would spend to complete the content, would it be an easy decision for you to just straight up buy them. If the answer is yes, then you might as well spend the units on actual gameplay that would earn you those rewards. If the answer is either definitely no, or you just don't know, then I wouldn't spend the units.

Also, if you're using potions and revives that you're just acquiring without spending in any way, you might as well use those for something. But before blowing through your entire stash, perhaps be honest with yourself. Each map gets harder (usually). If you're spending to explore the earlier maps, will you have enough to complete the last one? Maybe start with the last one, so you know what it will take to fully explore everything. If you can't do the hard paths on the final map without spending too much per path, that suggests you might not be ready yet to fully explore the entire thing. If you can do the hard paths on the latter maps with minimal to moderate potion use, then that might encourage you to try to knock off the whole thing.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Depends on your progression level mate. If your new to EQ and you need the shards and T5B then it’s worth spending units to get the resources.

I’m presuming you are relatively new to UC content if your needing to spend units so I would say it’s worth a couple of hundred units If you can afford it.

If your end game and still spending units on UC then you have bigger questions to ask yourself!
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    if you are not completing UC EQ without spending a bunch of units ....it not worth it...last 6 months or so probably more i havent spent units on UC EQ on revives or pots...now i dont know if this is because the new champs released were not so good or i got better in terms of skill and my roster...but even before that i used to limit my unit usage to about 100 on revives...i think potions are a waste of units keep buying 40% revives...now i just use units to buy energy refils...
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    How many units are you bringing in a month? If you grinding arena and have the 5$ collectors card then it's not hard to get 3k+ units a month. If that's the case then 500 units or so to 100% explore it and get 2500 6* shards among other things is worth it in my opinion. Plus it gives us something to work on.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    I used to do this:
    1. Complete quest.
    2. If I can easily do big chunks of damage to the boss the determine the hardest paths and do those first. If not give up, its going to be expensive.
    3. If I arrive at the boss in shape to fight him on the hardest paths then all good even if I have to revive a few times. If not give up, its going to be expensive.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    I 100 percent explored uncollected this month no revives or champion boosts.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    What you should try is the hard paths without using item. See how far you get and if you fail, start over. I did this with the thorns path of this months uncollected, it took a couple tries but it got done. Try this method and hopefully you can see improvement in your progress. Good luck
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I run into trouble at the final boss...the rest is a cake walk...but seems like you really need a ranks 5 with the a type advantage or revives and restores and a shear will to finish if you do not have the type advantage or ranked god tier champs! But for now i only run the ones i have someone who can handle the boss...and one once never to 100 yet.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I agree with DNA, think of the units as an investment/payment for the shards. When you're on the cusp of completing, imho it's worth a couple hundred units, but keep the wallet closed and play at your own pace.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    bout 0
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    If you're using a bunch of revives to explore every map then usually the answer is no.

Back when I was around the spot you're in I would do initial completion, and then I would go straight to the hardest chapter to see if I could manage exploration. I mostly only used revs if I could get to the boss without any, and I knew I could beat them with a few revs. I started with the hardest paths, because I didn't want to be roadblocked with only a couple paths left. That usually forced high unit spending out of desperation haha
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Rewards are kinda outdated and not recommended to spend a bunch of units to explore every map. You get better rank up resources from glory store easily.