Options

6.4.1 Spectre/Gimme VTD

GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
This right here is a perfect example of what makes act 6 such an absolute money grab. Can any mod look at this node combination and suggest a viable counter aside from unitman?

The gimme node is by itself is manageable. The specter can be managed through, but combined this is ridiculous. You can’t do damage without regen buffs. Regen and buffs in general you get punished for with crazy power gain on top of 200% power gain not to mention the lost health from reverse of the absolute necessary regen.

be doable.

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It’s possible to solo him with Fury and the cheapest option beside him is to revive Phoenix over and over until he dies. It’s a BS fight.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,049 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I did 6.4 as a legends run, so this was actually the easiest fight in all of act 6 for me with nick since i was boosted, i just let him die and VTD instantly died as well lol
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    I used CLAIRE with suicides for this.Use Max recoil with CLAIRE in this lane.She will have increase 60% attack rating on her SP2 and she will sacrifice 10% helath but it will not effect her cause of her Regen.Blade also works great.Willpower will be your biggest weapon during this path.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I used Ghost and solo'd this fight. It wasn't that bad, just took a while.

Definitely don't need Regen champs for the path either. I didn't use any except Nick Fury.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I used Magik and only threw my SP2 when the spectre wasn’t active. Took a few revives (and by that I mean about 10-15) but it worked. Not a nice fight by any means but I’ll take it over some other fights in Act 6
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I think this was one of the most BS paths. I tried fury but when fury was destroyed I didn’t kill him. He got down to like 45% health. Pretty trashy fight. Cost me about 6 revives after that
  • Options
    If you have magik then you can solo entire path with magik.
    https://youtu.be/b8p2R5wpbxs
  • Options
    Just to bump this, i defeated the duck using a 6* R1 bishop. Probably a dozen revives. Such a terribly designed node interaction.
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I’m going to use a technique for this as i also left with this path only

I’ll put suicides mastery and do a reasonably damage till VTD
    On reaching him I’ll drop suicides and let my 6* R3 NF dir lol
    Maybe require some revives but still better plan
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Maybe blade? Since specter, unless I recall completely incorrectly, has an on and off phase, and you control exactly when blade regens, wouldn’t he work?
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Regeneration while hitting opponents is required
    So only options are regenerative champs like OLD MAN LOGAN or X23 Etc.
    Suicide mastery makes everyone regenerate during whole fight so that’s what I’m gonna use

I did this path once till VTD just to see how it’ll go with suicides and it’s pretty great
  • Options

Maybe blade? Since specter, unless I recall completely incorrectly, has an on and off phase, and you control exactly when blade regens, wouldn’t he work?

Exactly. I have no 5* blade, so used blade jr. Aka bishop. He can do the same regen just not as potent.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Magik for path, and have suicides on, then NF cheese VTD simple.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,063 ★★★★★

I used CLAIRE with suicides for this.Use Max recoil with CLAIRE in this lane.She will have increase 60% attack rating on her SP2 and she will sacrifice 10% helath but it will not effect her cause of her Regen.Blade also works great.Willpower will be your biggest weapon during this path.

Recoil happens after the special is done. Claire regens during her specials so she is still subjective to recoil damage, so it will "effect her"
  • Options
    Terra said:

Recoil happens after the special is done. Claire regens during her specials so she is still subjective to recoil damage, so it will "effect her"
    Yeah I know that.Recoil will increase her special attack damage means more Regen.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,453 ★★★★★
    Disclaimer: I haven't done this particular path, but I've come across Gimme elsewhere, and I'm just trying to help! There's nothing in the description of 'Gimme' that specifies a Regen buff (It's not like needing Unstoppable for Can't Stop, Won't Stop). It just says 'gains health'. Ideally you want to gain health without using a buff; and with control of when it happens, to manage Spectre.

Magik is mentioned - Mysterio can pull the same trick as Magik by spamming SP1 - get beat up, and reflect the damage plus 400%. Awakened Namor to Regen on Specials; and throw back any Spectre/Power Sting damage? He should work.

What about Awakened Dr Octopus? Brilliant counter for the Power Gain - given that he steals the power, he should be able to throw endless specials; and can Heal Block/Life Steal from VtD whenever he procs a Regen buff. He may struggle with the Spectre, unless you turn Willpower off.

Ghost Rider could be pretty effective. You could easily drop a (passive) Life Steal followed with an SP3 Power Lock for twenty seconds. Every life steal inflicts some fairly decent damage; and doesn't feed the Power meter. Dr Strange and Rogue also both have reliable Life Steal abilities that can sustain them, and harm the opponent on Gimme.

Quite a few Skill champs can shrug off debuffs reliably; which will affect both Spectre and the Power Sting. Mole Man and Elsa Bloodstone can reliably get rid of both; and MM can deal with VtDs bleeds, too. Then it's just a (really) long fight, dealing 25% normal damage!

Or what about Killmonger? Gains power when either Spectre/Sting debuff is inflicted; can shrug them off with Void synergy; and inflict a bit of Regen/Gimme damage when he does.

Maybe none of these is 'perfect', but there might be some options you haven't thought of. I hope some of the answers in the thread are helpful, even if it's not this one!

• Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    I used Hyperion and Magik for the path, and I cleared it really easily.
    Then Blade (no synergy) in two (long) rounds brought VTD to 40%.
    At that point, I simply made Nick Fury die to finish him.
    Warlock completed the team to easily beat Iceman.

No boost, one single 40% revive.

The thing I agree about is that without Nick Fury and Blade the expense could be really higher on that VTD with my roster.