**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasp Passive Stun is not working (sometimes)

Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
in the last few weeks (maybe a month) sometimes Wasp and her passive stun from chaining heavy in her combo is not working.
there is old thread from about 6 months ago with the same problem. you fixed it and now it happens again.
link to the old thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158034/comboing-into-a-heavy-attack-with-wasp-title-edited-for-clarity#latest

i've tried to update the old thread with the bug coming back and you deleted my post
i've tried to open a new thread with the bug and you deleted it too (three times)
you haven't close the thread or gave any reason... you just deleted it like you were trying to silence this bug...
after the third time you even gave me a warning that it's against the rules to post something in old thread or open a new thread without providing proof of the bug (like any other bug here has a video as a proof).

so i'll try to do it again, hopefully without giving you any excuse to delete the post.

The Problem:
- Sometimes when chaining heavy in middle of combo with Wasp, it doesn't trigger her passive stun.

Game Mode:
- everywhere (arena, event quest, rifts)
- against different champs (black widow CV, hood, symbiods\minion, also other classes)
- there are no node that supposed to make it fail like ability reduction, stun immune, etc... and as you'll see in the video below, even without nodes at all.

Game version:
- the video below is after the latest update 27.1.0, but it happened also in the previous version

Device info:
- iPhone 11
- the video below is with iOS version 13.5, but it happened also in the previous version

here is the video taken last night:
as you can see, 1st an 4th heavy trigger the passive stun. but 2nd and 3rd heavy failed (in my 3rd heavy i still able to land my hit even without the passive stun, but in my 2nd it got countered)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9fn9Lz56aM

Wasp has a low health and she rely a lot on her heavy attack. without the guaranteed heavy i can't really use her for AQ\AW and now need to bench her again.

if you need any other information please ask instead of deleting the thread.

Thanks

Comments

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★

Isn’t the passive stun disabled after you have used it for a few seconds. I’m a frequent Wasp player and I don’t have this problem.

no, there isn't a counter or timer that say how many times you can use it.
    as long as you use the heavy in a middle of a combo, it should works (MLLLM-H won't works because this is the END of the combo and not middle of combo)
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Isn’t the passive stun disabled after you have used it for a few seconds. I’m a frequent Wasp player and I don’t have this problem.

don't think there is a timer, however, I'm a ghost/wasp main ... and using her a LOT lately .. never had this happen. It did happen to me before, when I was first learning to use her. I think it might be a timing thing, or such .. but without seeing finger placements, hard to comment on that ;)
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I think you're leaving a little too much time between your last hit and the heavy. It's a split-second too late.
  • qnaqyeonnqnaqyeonn Posts: 11
    I use wasp and I dont have this problem. Have you tried doing MLLL-H combo?
    qnaqyeonn said:

I use wasp and I dont have this problem. Have you tried doing MLLL-H combo?

MLL-H

in both videos she entered into her heavy potion in the same time, but there in the second one there is no passive stun debuff
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    IDK, it just seems like she went into the heavy too late. It's a really small difference, but you go into the heavy state right away in the first one, where it was successful, but you wait a frame in the second one.

IDK, it just seems like she went into the heavy too late. It's a really small difference, but you go into the heavy state right away in the first one, where it was successful, but you wait a frame in the second one.

i understand what you are saying but honestly i don't see any difference.
    if you are right and there is a delay it come from the device\game performance...

usually with launching heavies (with any champ) the challenge is not with click on the right side of the screen because this action is fast like in a regular hit... the challenge it to hold it long enough so the game analyze this input as heavy and not as regular hit. if you hold it two short it will be regular hit... if you hold it too long, the opponent recover and punish.
    this is the advantage of Wasp, you have a longer window of passive stun to make it safer to hold heavy and launch it.
    as you can see in the video, i was in heavy position so i did that part right... it just didn't trigger the passive stun so opponent was able to recover and counter.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

as you can see in the video, i was in heavy position so i did that part right... it just didn't trigger the passive stun so opponent was able to recover and counter.

The only thing is, just because it "looks" like she went into heavy position . .that's not the point of dispute .. the problem is what were your fingers doing at the time .. it may look the same in combat, however, depending on the timing of how you input the commands, it could (?) make a difference.
    dot_ditto said:

Carmel1 said:

The only thing is, just because it "looks" like she went into heavy position . .that's not the point of dispute .. the problem is what were your fingers doing at the time .. it may look the same in combat, however, depending on the timing of how you input the commands, it could (?) make a difference.
    this is not the case... if my finger is slow why i don't miss regular hits in a combo? why until a month ago it was fast enough? why the last time i had this problem (check link to older thread from 6 months ago) the passive stun start working again only after they released a fix?

i use wasp a lot and i know her rhythm. also when i recorded that fight i knew it will probably fail to trigger the passive stun because it felt like game is lagging.

i'm not saying that you are wrong, i think there is a delay but i don't think it's coming from me... maybe i'm not as fast as processor, but fast enough to do a combo.
    if there is a delay it come from the game\device, like when sometimes people complain about AI counter them in middle of combo... i don't remember it happen to me personally, but i believe these people experienced game issues (lag\dropped frames) and not that their finger was too slow.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    I just had one with Kingpin except he shrugged it off and went unblockable
    @Kabam Zibiit is there any additional information i need to provide in order for you to pass it to the team? (unless you already did)
    any update?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    This is intensely frustrating. Massively gimps her playstyle, especially for Act 6 where eating a combo will just kill her outright in most cases.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah, it happens to me too. Even after I switched devices. Most of the time it works, then from nowhere there's a lag spike, and I fail to do it. Again, under ideal conditions (except for the lag).
    any update?
    what do i need to do to get a response without violating the ToS?
    by sitting quiet this thread will just get buried under a pile of other bugs.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Timing's gotta be right, dude. Sorry to say that you must be activating the heavy a lil too late. I rarely have this happen to me. Other than stun immunity, it's just gotta be timing.
    Etjama said:

Timing's gotta be right, dude. Sorry to say that you must be activating the heavy a lil too late. I rarely have this happen to me. Other than stun immunity, it's just gotta be timing.

wrong. i'm using wasp for very long time.
    suddenly i became slow?

what about the first time i reported this bug more than 6 months ago? (check the link to original tread in the first comment)
    also then i suddenly became too slow?
    and after they released the fix i became faster again?

you can say "too slow" almost on every bug...
    when someone complain about "can't chain special after combo", it's because the AI recover too fast, but should he?
    when someone complain about "getting counter by AI in a middle of combo", it's because time between hits is too slow, buy why? because the player is too slow or because the device\game drops frames?

i understand not everyone experience this bug but it doesn't means i'm imagining things... i'm using Wasp for more than a year in every quest.
    still nothing?
    Haji_Saab said:

Working fine for me. Used her against Sym mini all week last AQ

i know it's not for everyone. just like the last time this bug happened ~6 months ago.
    Carmel1 said:

@Kabam Zibiit is there any additional information i need to provide in order for you to pass it to the team? (unless you already did)

Good morning.
    Any update?
    any update?
    edited July 2020
    2 months after reporting this problem and still no comment?

Here two new videos from new big foot quest, epic difficulty-week3

In this video it failed to stun after 2nd combo
    https://youtu.be/c3ii-YyQcDM

In this video it failed to stun after 5th combo
    https://youtu.be/8w9-TpCFAhU

Can you explain for exactly is the purpose of this forum if you are not going to answer question or help with problem?
    Is there anything else I supposed to do with this issue? Open a ticket maybe?
    Let me know and I will
  • KhthuluKhthulu Posts: 9
    Is there any update on this issue? Ive been having this problem since june. And wasp is unusable for me in this condition. Its not an input or lag issue for me she just doesn't apply her passive stun now.
  • Kriya3000Kriya3000 Posts: 68
    I'm getting this issue too.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Kriya3000 said:

I'm getting this issue too.

It's not a bug. Your timing is just off. When you throw a heavy attack, make sure the attack before that keeps you at close range. M-LLL-H