**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Too soon to complain?

ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
After the last modok side quest, that most EVERYONE hated. They brought it back !

I get that they won’t change every little think to make EVERYONE happy. Instead of the re roll dice, we get to remove one node...I don’t like it. The rewards of 15000 5* shards and 1500 6* shards...for another side quest with a side quest and some more duel targets...

I’m ready...give it to me

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah there is quite literally nothing to gain from the side quest this month
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    The rewards are abysmal, but I didn’t mind the modok hotels as a quest.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Let’s at least wait until it’s released before jumping on the soap box. The rewards look a bit meh but if they’ve removed some of the stupid nodes then it may not be too bad.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I really don't get what's so bad about the Modok labs side quest. I'm a newish player, so I'm not sure why so many people are complaining. Can someone explain why the Modok quest is quote-on-quote "hated"?
    edited June 2020
    Can someone give me an example of "terrible nodes"?

And are the attack values the same as 6.4? Or are they toned down? I don't have my phone on me rn lol.

And are the attack values the same as 6.4? Or are they toned down? I don't have my phone one me rn lol.

Just straight BS nodes really
    Yes, but examples. I saw a gulk with masochism and rage, and it didn't seem that bad.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Modok's lab is already available now, its on the extreme right side of the events page instead of the extreme left side where it should be.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    MODOK's lab has never been terrible in my opinion. reroll dice are available for gold and the node combinations are always interesting

And are the attack values the same as 6.4? Or are they toned down? I don't have my phone one me rn lol.

Yes, but examples. I saw a gulk with masochism and rage, and it didn't seem that bad.
    Those ain’t bad nodes really it’s nodes like aspect of war or spite or something even worse.
    Oh lol, those ain't that bad. I thought you were talking about Can't Stop Won't Stop or Do You Bleed.

Those ain’t bad nodes really it’s nodes like aspect of war or spite or something even worse.
    Oh lol, those ain't that bad. I thought you were talking about Can't Stop Won't Stop or Do You Bleed.
    Spite can be annoying though if you don’t have a nullifyer or someone like void who shuts it down.
    Yeah, they're mostly just annoying, but not "terrible".
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    here is what I feel to be the valid complaint about this event, it has nothing new or interesting to it. All the money this game collects and there is no creative direction to be found. It is just a rehash of an old event that most did not enjoy. The difficulty is fine by me, I did the mutant path and didn't have any issues. My issue is a have done it once and I am already bored
  • Lunchbox78Lunchbox78 Posts: 36
    The rewards are the same as last years sinister labs.....
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77

here is what I feel to be the valid complaint about this event, it has nothing new or interesting to it. All the money this game collects and there is no creative direction to be found. It is just a rehash of an old event that most did not enjoy. The difficulty is fine by me, I did the mutant path and didn't have any issues. My issue is a have done it once and I am already bored

and the rewards?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

and the rewards?
    the rewards are out of date and not enough for the difficulty. honestly I am starting to not care much about rewards as there is not much content to look forward to. I would love to see the rewards buffed but personally I would just like something to do in game that are actually fun, for me that is in real short supply lately
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77

The rewards are the same as last years sinister labs.....

is that good or bad?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yup, horrible event. I wish I was an End-Game player that didn't need the resources. Otherwise I would just sit this one out.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Thebgj said:

After the last modok side quest, that most EVERYONE hated. They brought it back !

I get that they won’t change every little think to make EVERYONE happy. Instead of the re roll dice, we get to remove one node...I don’t like it. The rewards of 15000 5* shards and 1500 6* shards...for another side quest with a side quest and some more duel targets...

I’m ready...give it to me

I didn't like the last version because it was more grind for worse rewards. Previous Labs were really good. This one looks better inasmuch as its less grind. The rewards may even be better than last time. They are just outdated and underwhelming at this point. 20 sig stone crystals?
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    @Notsavage19

This event is a piece of cake. For a previous example of a lab game mode that pissed off a lot of players, take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-mHGnx2DG8
  • nothing to gain from this side event. Gonna do a hard pass, take a nice break from the grind.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The quest itself is fine and fun in my opinion, but the store and the solo event blows.