**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should the option to sell be completely removed? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    No
    If I want to sell things I've collected along the way who says I can't ? Kabam having more control of an account that they have done nothing to earn or win is crazy.
  • JingoJingo Posts: 32
    Yes

Honestly, I would rather we remove the option to sell Champions all together. It's not a good source of Shards, and as many people will tell you, is a bad investment in the long run.

I agree
    If only that were the case from the beginning years ago when people didn’t know (and many other computer games required selling seemingly useless resources) only to be requirement for exploration years later. I was in that place Joining just after game started now I stare longingly at v4.3.2. Sad times.... take it away
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes

I am for it.

Is it something that’s been passed to the team or is being discussed? Obviously it’s low priority
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Absolutely. I remember I once accidentally sold 1 star black panther. While doing v4 3.2 moon knight was possible without him and wolverine, it was a lot more annoying.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Chadhogan said:

If I want to sell things I've collected along the way who says I can't ? Kabam having more control of an account that they have done nothing to earn or win is crazy.

I think op means champs
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Yes
    Lol the thread got merged and now some of our comments don't make sense
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    The option should be removed at all (or at least make it an option to lock/unlock sell by settings) to prevent newer players from the huge mistake of selling any champ. Also many veterans can mistakenly sell a champ and then they have to contact support to undo. People are still have the freedom of choice to not level/rank up a champ if they think he is useless 😉
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes

Honestly, I would rather we remove the option to sell Champions all together. It's not a good source of Shards, and as many people will tell you, is a bad investment in the long run.

That's always been my stance. It's entirely counterproductive and leads to more problems than anything.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yes

Yeah removing this feature would be a very good idea both for player enjoyment and investment-wise, if someone accidentally sells all their champions early it will make it extremely difficult for them to progress later and turn them off to the game
    Yes

Yeah lol, got some random comments just saying no don’t do it with a poll of yes
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

This could be your most agreed statement ever.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Yes
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah lol, got some random comments just saying no don’t do it with a poll of yes
    Yeah, including my meme lol
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Yes
    It definitely needs to be removed, for one this a game that’s very much built around collecting champions so the ability to sell them is somewhat counter intuitive.

Aside from that, we now have very high level content that requires 1* champions that become inaccessible - outside of gambling- very early on in your progression arc. Inexperienced players can very easily fall into the trap of selling champions as they’ve go the ‘upgraded’ versions.

If this is also something that is on members of staff’s mind can we have it implemented? I don’t imagine there’s a huge amount of engine work to get it rolling and it’d be a huge pitfall - and source of future complaints- removed in one fell stroke.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I think the best option would be to make it an option in settings so if someone does want to for some reason, they can. You keep the choice, and the option can be removed.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    No
    It can be useful sometimes. Say you got some 3* and 10 shards away from your first 4* a week after new eq appeared. Getting a 4* can help you doing a next difficulty eq you couldn't do, if you get smbd good. Otherwise you have nothing to do for a very long time
    Or you may have t5b expiring and 10 shards away with no good 6* to rank up. I'd sell 5* mkk for change to get some decent champ

Just add a warning saying you will need 1* hulk in variant
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Aleor said:

It can be useful sometimes. Say you got some 3* and 10 shards away from your first 4* a week after new eq appeared. Getting a 4* can help you doing a next difficulty eq you couldn't do, if you get smbd good. Otherwise you have nothing to do for a very long time
    Or you may have t5b expiring and 10 shards away with no good 6* to rank up. I'd sell 5* mkk for change to get some decent champ

You could also wait for an opportunity to dupe a 3* or find some more 4* shards as that does you better in the long run. If you have T5B expiring and have no good champs to rank up, that's pretty unfortunate but you may have to rank up one of those bad champs so that it doesn't completely go to waste. Even if you do get enough shards, you can't really count on getting anything better because you're at the mercy of RNG.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Chadhogan said:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I think games should always leave players the option to play suboptimally. If we only allow optimal decisions, we might as well play the game for them as well.

The dividing line is whether the player is making an irreversible decision, not a stupid one. Selling a 3* champ is a stupid mistake that will get quickly reversed eventually no matter how the player plays, because eventually 3* champs drop like rain. But selling 1* champs is much more irreversible, and in that case it is a detrimental decision the game should protect the players from making.

If you want to sell a 3* or 4* champ for shards, I think that's dumb, but we should allow players to do it. If they think it makes sense to sell 1* champs, we have to grab the wheel from them and protect them from themselves.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    No
    You shouldn't sell champs is an opinion that I just don't share. Its not something that should be all of a sudden removed after 5+ years there's far more pressing issues that need attention IMO
    Yes
    Aleor said:

It’s never useful
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    No
    When this game ends, whenever that is, one thing I am gonna remember is how many people obsess over what other people do with their accounts.

Do I think it’s wise to sell characters? No.

But in a game where the balance is so completely off, where you have more characters than you can realistically use, where you need more powerful characters to efficiently clear content and one way to acquire them is to open more crystals, I understand why people do it.

Again, I wouldn’t do it.

But if you pull a 4-star character you just aren’t gonna use, or invest in...why do so many people care about what other people do with their rosters?

We should rank up who we like, and the content should be tuned so far more characters can be used efficiently and effectively.

If the latter happened consistently, or content was released more consistently that was for specific rarities, then people wouldn’t want to sell them as much.

But with the game the way it is, I can see why people sell characters they will never use
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★
    No
    ESF said:

When this game ends, whenever that is, one thing I am gonna remember is how many people obsess over what other people do with their accounts.

Do I think it’s wise to sell characters? No.

But in a game where the balance is so completely off, where you have more characters than you can realistically use, where you need more powerful characters to efficiently clear content and one way to acquire them is to open more crystals, I understand why people do it.

Again, I wouldn’t do it.

But if you pull a 4-star character you just aren’t gonna use, or invest in...why do so many people care about what other people do with their rosters?

We should rank up who we like, and the content should be tuned so far more characters can be used efficiently and effectively.

If the latter happened consistently, or content was released more consistently that was for specific rarities, then people wouldn’t want to sell them as much.

But with the game the way it is, I can see why people sell characters they will never use

Opened a second account for the gifting event last Christmas.

On of my first 5-8 four stars was a diablo. Never ranked him or used him.

Couple of shards short of the first 5 star. Sold him. Got 5* Warlock.

Haven’t looked back. Don’t care. And I haven’t had another diablo since. Could be 2 years before I duped him specifically.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Why would you want to sell them though? What would be the benefit?

Before they instituted the progression thing, selling one stars was done all the time because you know you'd pull them again. Was an easy way to help hit milestones in ranking events. Rank, sell, pull, repeat.

That's why I don't agree with people that rag on the people that sold their 1's. At least for the vets that predate the progression milestones. We had no clue we would lose the ability to pull 1's until it was too late. The people that started after the progression milestones started should know better. They weren't blindsided. We were. That said, I have my 1* hulk. 😏 But I lost the ability to replace my spidey and wolvie.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    No
    If just having fun with a second or third account, it could be interesting.

Or just make it available on reaching Level 40, if the purpose is to prevent new players who has limited understand of the game selling them.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Why do you guys care what other people do with their champions? Let them sell them if they want to....
  • Yes
    crogs said:

Why would you want to sell them though? What would be the benefit?

Before they instituted the progression thing, selling one stars was done all the time because you know you'd pull them again. Was an easy way to help hit milestones in ranking events. Rank, sell, pull, repeat.

That's why I don't agree with people that rag on the people that sold their 1's. At least for the vets that predate the progression milestones. We had no clue we would lose the ability to pull 1's until it was too late. The people that started after the progression milestones started should know better. They weren't blindsided. We were. That said, I have my 1* hulk. 😏 But I lost the ability to replace my spidey and wolvie.
    I actually didn't know that. I joined game but left shortly after so i missed some of the important stuff that went down