Alliance War Toxicity

2»

Comments

• A l p h aA l p h a Member Posts: 542 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Wars are boring! Its not really about skill so much anymore... Its rosters, with the OP flow global, you're forced a choice of very few attackers that are actually viable to fight against it... I dont know about you. I used to love bringing and using diverse and unusual attack teams to war! Now its impossible... Basically bring quake, magik, g2099, warlock or you're going to have a bad time... Not only that but its so boring fighting the same champs on the same global every war! Especially for lacklustre rewards.

Don't even get me started on the toxicity it creates in alliance chats! Even the best of teammates can break down, because of a death in war! It makes them feel like utter #### when they die and feel like they've let the team down! Its not worth it, and why we focus on AQ... Where teamwork is rewarded well and mistakes aren't the end of the world!
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Why will your teammates beat someone down if they gave a death in war? It’s a “team” and no one goes into a fight with an intention to die.

Just take it easy. 😊
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Member Posts: 792 ★★★
    The alliances I've been in have never been too harsh on someone who loses in AW. But there is always comments like 'makes sure you don't die', or 'we can't afford anymore deaths'.

These are what annoy me to be honest. I always think about commenting back something like "I'm glad you said that otherwise I was going to start the fight and fall asleep!"

No, it's not exactly beating someone down, but it is mental pressure which subconsciously definitely affects how a lot of people play.

Nothing is going to change though, just got to find an alliance which best suits you.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

The alliances I've been in have never been too harsh on someone who loses in AW. But there is always comments like 'makes sure you don't die', or 'we can't afford anymore deaths'.

These are what annoy me to be honest. I always think about commenting back something like "I'm glad you said that otherwise I was going to start the fight and fall asleep!"

No, it's not exactly beating someone down, but it is mental pressure which subconsciously definitely affects how a lot of people play.

Nothing is going to change though, just got to find an alliance which best suits you.

To be fair to officers and alliance leaders, they say that at times to remind members to not go in with low health champs.

I’ve seen players tackle a node which has full bonus using a champ at 20-30% life. I believe that’s what “watch the deaths” mean.

When we aren’t pushing, all is fine. But when we are going for the win, it’s gonna be a juggling act between reminding members to be careful and not get emotional, vs being too harsh And unreasonable.