**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Archangel Arena Cutoffs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Cutoff was about 6.2m... im sorry man
  • Options
    zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    I've done that before. So bad that my gf made me sleep on the couch because I spent more tiime on my phone then paying attention to her lol. They should either up the rewards/shards for the 11-25% ( all that time wasted for a handful of shards ). Or make champs a milestone..... But doubt either Will happen. Feel your pain bro.
  • Options
    Sorry you missed out.

But AA is a highly sought after champ. Kills champs in seconds with bleed, poison and neurotoxins. YouTubers and community constantly raving about him. So it does serve you right for scoring right where a cutoff might be. People who really want him and don't want to risk missing out on him do 7-8mil.

And no, competitive play is here to stay. If you don't like scoring 6mil and missing out, stick to opening crystals and hoping that champ drops.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    oh you thought that was bad...just wait till stark spidey comes out as the basic....
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I got AA with like 7.2 mil and a streak of ~265. He is my 78th 4* champ, and all of mine are at 3/30 or 4/40 (no 5/50's yet). I don't spend, just grind. I get about 600-700k per set of 25 which takes a little over an hour, so about 10 hours of grinding over 3 days.
  • Options
    Those with weaker roster should try second arena, which historically was much lower. AA is great champ, so his cutoff was naturally high. But most people who got him from the first arena ran around 200 rounds only, which is about 2-3 grinding hours per day.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    You guys should have been going for the crappy 4*s in arenas in between the good ones in order to boost your roster. I did that and right after rogue I was able to get every single champ I didn't have already. Put up 8.65 million for AA in 300 rounds pretty effortlessly with no units spent... each time there is a new arena, it is easier to get more points for me as I get more champs at r4/5.

I thought AA was going to go for 7.5...6.12 was a steal lol.
  • Options
    Moises_H wrote: »
    Sorry you missed out.

But AA is a highly sought after champ. Kills champs in seconds with bleed, poison and neurotoxins. YouTubers and community constantly raving about him. So it does serve you right for scoring right where a cutoff might be. People who really want him and don't want to risk missing out on him do 7-8mil.

And no, competitive play is here to stay. If you don't like scoring 6mil and missing out, stick to opening crystals and hoping that champ drops.

Off topic here but were you a member of a sports discussion site called the colosseum?

Lol, nope buddy
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    To be fair, I'm sure the majority of us can understand the frustration of just missing the Champ. I wouldn't say that the Arena is dead, but the OP is obviously frustrated. Happens to the best of us.
  • Options
    AakashAakash Posts: 340
    Fishious wrote: »
    For all of you telling this poster to "get stronger", "get more points" you need to pay attention to what is going on.
    For reference I am north of 400k, have nearly 90,000 arena matches in my history and have been playing arenas since their inception.

I'll agree with the OP that arena IS dying again.

It's obvious the 30-day bans are over and everyone is back to account sharing and the like. That's the only explanation for the spike in points. Of course Kabam won't do much about it until their next wave of bans in about 6 months or so. It's too big of a problem to police.

AA is a good hero, no doubt, but not at a Hyperion, Dormammu, GwenPool level. Look at their scores. Using an inflation/Deflation model and the scores leading up to this arena, would indicate AA is more popular than all of them by a large margin.

This round a guy who did 200+ matches gets the same rewards as someone who does 60? That makes no sense if Kabam expects us to put up 200-300 fights for champs. They need to reward the effort for those who chase vs. Those who do simple milestones. The gap is too large.

As for it being a milestone, that will never happen, it's a poor business decision. There needs to be a carrot to drive some sort of spending, after all it is a business.

They need to increase the prize pool again so that the extreme heroes top out at 150 matches for someone only using 4* heroes, not 250-300. Or find some way to make it that there is not incentive to account share to cheat.

As far as alliance war goes AA is much better than Hyperion, GP and Dormammu. I have all 4 of them at R5 so I know what Im talking about. GP is gonna for questing and stuff but she isn’t that good for AW or AQ. Dormammu is just good for defence and defender diversity has made him much less valuable. Hyperion has poison immunity going for him, great damage output, he is better than AA in many scenarios but he get punished for fury in AW offence, in AQ I (and a lot of sunmoners) prefer someone like Iceman with double immunity or GR with regen, which leaves AW defence which is again messed up due to defender diversity.

AA is a god tier champ his cutoff should be above 6M. I was pretty busy this weekend yet I was able to get 8M in the arena without boosts and sucides. Keep in mind that people’s roster grow with time so everytime cutoffs will increase if its a desired champion.

Look at arena cutoffs and get 500k more points then that and you will most likely pick up the champ. Most YouTubers were predicting 5.8-6.5M
  • Options
    Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Moletron wrote: »
    I had all but stopped arena grinding for anything beyond the 11-25% shards, the Cutoffs were just getting too crazy for 4★ champs that were already being somewhat phased out, EVEN BEFORE THE 6★ Champ announcement. I grinded to dupe Magik in her last arena, I could deal with 3 million for a top notch old but effective champ.
    But Archangel is really damn good, so I grinded out a little over 6 million, I was going until the last minute. I understand that it's possible to do more than that if you don't have a job or any obligations in life. But I have a job, so even with staying up until the sun is sneaking up early in the morning, grinding over 2 million points a day is just too much to feasibly do. But I grinded almost exactly that; I got over 6 million points, and all Kabam has to give me is 500 4★ shards and a couple hundred 5★shards. This is out of hand. They need to award the 4★champs at a set milestone. I put countless hours in, over 600 fights. Staying up to the point of my eyes about to bleed, for nothing....If this continues I know it won't make a difference to Kabam, but I'll just quit. This was just the worst in a recent run of events that have made me hate this game in aot of ways.

Mate, arena died a long time ago. Reason? Professional youtubers. Its a job for them (i wont hate them and say they got no life) and they do it better and more than you. They need all the new champs to make videos about them.

All the good champs are hogged by them alone. Most of them anyways. So you go ahead and wait. Now, there arent any so called God Tier champs like the old, (some like Arch, Hyp etc are really strong, but nothin like pre 12.0) so wait for them to hit regular pool and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    If nothing else the 11%-25% rank reward should give 20 of the featured champ crystals. And maybe each rank below giving 5 less crystals till you get to the bottom.

Maybe add those crystals to the rank rewards that we have now. Maybe then people won't get as mad if they have 20 chances at the featured and get another 4* instead.
  • Options
    FabiFabi Posts: 64
    To much People use Arena bots and Kabam dont do anything about that....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Statistically, these results are congruent with a regular grind. There's little to suggest that anything has pushed cutoffs higher than could be expected. A large factor is the versatility and popularity of the Champ. Basically, more sought-after Champs will go higher. Occasionally, they are less than is expected, but with Champs that many people want, we can expect higher cutoffs. It is frustrating to Grind and not get the Champ, but no matter how well we predict the cutoffs, it's still a blind contest. The only real solution is to try the best we can to Grind as many Points as possible, continue to develop our Rosters, and keep trying. The more we Rank, the more we make, and the less time we have to invest to keep up.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I ran out of time on the GP arena and missed by about 200k. I don't go for basics often but that's the only time I've missed. At the end of the day I'm not going to get that upset about not getting a 4* though. Much more upset about being 0-10 on 5* featured lol.
  • Options
    Sorry bro but the truth is, arena and arena grinding has always been this way.

You are only sour graping because you missed the champ by few points, and that is perfectly understandable. But had you got the champ, we won't be having this discussion.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    So the only way to get good champions is to spend months, maybe a couple of years, building up a roster of useless champs nobody wants in order to have enough champs to spend days grinding in the hope that you meet some unknown cutoff to get a worthwhile champion?

I'm shocked anyone would complain about such a wonderful game design.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    BuzzBee wrote: »
    Sorry bro but the truth is, arena and arena grinding has always been this way.

You are only sour graping because you missed the champ by few points, and that is perfectly understandable. But had you got the champ, we won't be having this discussion.

Just because it's "always been this way", doesn't mean it's a good system.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Hyperion cutoff - 6.42mill
    My score - 6.38 mill

I think we have all been there o.p. so try not to feel so bad about it, cheep up a little.

When you have other obligations such as family or work or school it makes it quite difficult to obtain a desirable champ.

Then you have the no-lifeys saying stuff like "too bad" or "LOL thats so easy to score"

Surely as the BASIC arena there should be some sort of bracket system created to prevent this because sometimes the champs are essential for progression and it makes it really difficult for the non-no-lifer to progress in the game.

TLDR; no doubt it is a broken system if basic champs are going for over 4x the top milestone and they are not even a new champ.
  • Options
    MoletronMoletron Posts: 43
    The_One wrote: »
    I skim read and missed the bit about 600+ fights until I just read it again.
    To give you an idea I did 8,022,343 in 275 rounds, that's 825 fights and I know I lost a few fights winning the round 2-1, no more than 10 fights though so probably 100-150k points overall lost

Sorry my streak was 209 and I didn't lose any fights....I was a little on the fragile side when I made the OP because I was on about an hour or two of sleep from grinding and I guess I was thinking 600+ fights would better represent the time put in. Everyone on here has good points, honestly I'm usually the one trying to be reasonable and not make any blanket statements. I would say the biggest problem is the giant range of points that get the same reward. One guy in my alliance hot the same 11-25% loot I got andnhad 1.7 million to my 6.01 million....another newbie in my alliance got the Archangel because of his bracket, and probably grinded out 1.3 million or something....oh well nobody forces me to play the game so I shouldn't be mad.
  • Options
    Also
    Those with weaker roster should try second arena, which historically was much lower. AA is great champ, so his cutoff was naturally high. But most people who got him from the first arena ran around 200 rounds only, which is about 2-3 grinding hours per day.

Everyone is assuming I have a weak roster, I don't have an elite roster, but I have 50 4 star champs---
    5 5/50’s
    7 4/40’#
    27 3/30’s
    29 3* 4/40’s
    And my lower roster makes getting to the infinite streak easy
  • Options
    BTW yes I know I have 4 stars I need to rank up to help my arena roster
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @Moletron , you're not alone, and Im pretty confident guessing that we are not a "minority" group. I would like to find out if my calculations based on my own experience might be "exaggerated", so please chime in if the following appears considerably off.

For Arena matches(4* arena), I would say my avg. time required per match( regardless of amount of points per or streak) would be approx. 4 minutes per which would include loading time, team selection, opponent selection and actual fight times. To begin the 3x multiplier win "streak" I need to get to 15 matches, which would be approx. 1hr. Iets just imagine my points after match 15 to be 75k. With the streak going, points per match going forward was consistently around an avg. of 6500 for me, basically netting just under 100k points per hour based on the flat value of 15 matches per hour without stopping btw . Using these estimations, I'd score 1mil points in a little over 10hrs. In order to reach 7mil would roughly be about 70+ hrs then. I think arenas last 2 1/2 days right(60hrs or so)? LOL

I will point out that these are an estimation based on a rough avg. And also, when I used to play arena, I have scored more points slightly faster, but honestly will say the numbers aren't off by that much for me.

My best arena score to date bas been 5.6 mil, and I did it while running my business, which can afford me much more time than if I were a "salaryman". That 5.6mil with work took away time for 2 days worth of sleep, and priceless family time with my beautiful wife and precious daughter. Which is why I never will do it again. LOL

I dont have an extensive roster as so many seem to have(48 four star champs with 2 at 5/50, 40% at 4/40 and the rest 3/30) , and I am aware that in the 5* arena my Rank 2/35 5* champs can net me approx. 60k points per match but I only have 6 of em, and the recovery time of 6+ hrs pretty much makes it a losing deal for me. FACTOID, I've been playing 2+ yrs near daily and have put in more game time than I'd actually care to mention. LOL

When I put it all in perspective, I came to just accept that it is absolutley impossible for me to play at the level of the players getting the top 5% and better rewards, and frankly I dont want to. Hehe

But the same frustration and dissapointments you have got me to think one day, "is it not possible to maybe have player brackets in arena similar to alliance tier brackets in AW"? Would suck ass if my 4.6mil alliance got matched up against the top tier "Beyond hope" alliances in war, week in week out.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Fishious wrote: »
    As for it being a milestone, that will never happen, it's a poor business decision. There needs to be a carrot to drive some sort of spending, after all it is a business.
    I'm 100% agree with you, except it.

In fact I think the best for Kabam is more players with more champs and duping them.
    Why? Becuase it's more people playing strongers Wars, playing harder AQ's Maps, playing the harder content (ROL, LOL, Act 4 & 5) and it's the real money.

So, What would be the carrot for Arena then?. Simple, more 5*/6* shards, titles, even full basic dupes, and the carrot will be bigger than before.