**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Bundle - Overflow Expiration

2»

Comments

• Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Tdog said:

Similar items purchased with glory also have 14 days...

That’s not true. I have purchased Tier 4 Alliance health potions with Glory and they have a 30-day expiration. That I know for a fact.

The “new and improved” health/revive potions can’t be bought w glory, only units or in special bundles sales, like the one you purchased.

You more than likely purchased the older alliance potions, which if I do recall have a 14-day shelf life before expiring, similar to the regular questing potions, which we’ve all had go into our stashes.

The only resources that have a 30-day limit are iso and catalysts. Then again, I don’t buy alliance items so I could be wrong; I only have excess of those cheap team revives We get from SA.

As for the currency debate, I’ve always thought of “game currency” as units, gold, loyalty, glory, battle chips, etc., everything else is considered resources IMO. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Apple would define them as Consumables not currency. It’s a ridiculous game of semantics to try and define them as currency.
  • Options
    TdogTdog Posts: 25

Tdog said:

That’s not true. I have purchased Tier 4 Alliance health potions with Glory and they have a 30-day expiration. That I know for a fact.

The “new and improved” health/revive potions can’t be bought w glory, only units or in special bundles sales, like the one you purchased.

You more than likely purchased the older alliance potions, which if I do recall have a 14-day shelf life before expiring, similar to the regular questing potions, which we’ve all had go into our stashes.

The only resources that have a 30-day limit are iso and catalysts. Then again, I don’t buy alliance items so I could be wrong; I only have excess of those cheap team revives We get from SA.

As for the currency debate, I’ve always thought of “game currency” as units, gold, loyalty, glory, battle chips, etc., everything else is considered resources IMO. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    The Level 4 Alliance Health Potion that gives 6,000 hp can now only be purchased with Glory. Previously, you could purchase them with units or glory. But when you hit your item cap they went into the overflow with a 30-DAY expiration regardless of whether you used units or glory. I don’t know what the expiration is now. But the questions are still valid. Why a 30-day expiration on free items and a 14-day expiration on similar purchased items? Why an expiration on purchased items at all?
  • Options
    TdogTdog Posts: 25

Apple would define them as Consumables not currency. It’s a ridiculous game of semantics to try and define them as currency.

I’ll see what Apple’s response is, but from a legal standpoint they have no argument to distinguish between consumables and currency. At the end of the day, all currency is consumable and all consumables meet the broad definition of currency. Simply calling an argument ridiculous doesn’t change the merit of that argument. And no one can tell me why items/resources/consumables or whatever you want to call them, that are purchased with real money should expire when “currency” is not allowed to expire. This isn’t raw meat or eggs we’re taking about here. It’s computer code.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    It literally says under the purchase how many you have in stash. If you saw 0/10 and bought 3 bundles then that's your own fault lol

This has been like this for almost every item
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Tdog said:

I’ll see what Apple’s response is, but from a legal standpoint they have no argument to distinguish between consumables and currency. At the end of the day, all currency is consumable and all consumables meet the broad definition of currency. Simply calling an argument ridiculous doesn’t change the merit of that argument. And no one can tell me why items/resources/consumables or whatever you want to call them, that are purchased with real money should expire when “currency” is not allowed to expire. This isn’t raw meat or eggs we’re taking about here. It’s computer code.
    You’re a lawyer now? You’re just make things up to support your position. Currency is money in every definition, pots and revives are not “health money”.

Why would they limit the amount of items a player can have on hand? The reasons are many and varied. Paying cash for items is no different than earning them in game and there is no reason for them to be treated differently wether they are earned or paid for.

Inventory management has been part of nearly every game I’ve played. This encourages you to use them or lose them while preventing you from hoarding them to break areas of the game not meant to be solely itemed through.

The reason listed when inventory caps were put in place. “ In order to emphasize the natural loop of in-game item usage and address hoarding concerns, we are introducing item caps for consumable items.”

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Tdog said:

From a legal standpoint, don't you think Kabam would have checked on rules and regulations before releasing a game? Think about it for a minute. There must be dozens and dozens of hoops to jump through just to get a game off the ground as involved as MCOC. I'm quite sure they know their legal limits or they wouldn't have to mechanics they do have in game. They made changes to the drop rates when they legally had to.

I've been reading the comments here and you just need to accept that what you are being told is true. If you go forward with a refund from apple, you will get docked in negative units. If you decide to pursue legal action, post the case number. I'd like to see someone finally follow through and would be very curious on the outcome. Though I am sure it won't be in your favor.

Your stash us your responsibility. You should know what you have room to buy.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Tdog said:

Tdog said:

The Level 4 Alliance Health Potion that gives 6,000 hp can now only be purchased with Glory. Previously, you could purchase them with units or glory. But when you hit your item cap they went into the overflow with a 30-DAY expiration regardless of whether you used units or glory. I don’t know what the expiration is now. But the questions are still valid. Why a 30-day expiration on free items and a 14-day expiration on similar purchased items? Why an expiration on purchased items at all?

My mistake, you ARE referring to the older alliance potion, so I admit that error on my part.

Now again speaking from complete ignorance since like I said I never buy these, you understand you are comparing two different types of resources (not currency) and expecting them to have the same set of rules?

The previous version of the alliance health potions that are in the glory store have a 30d extended warranty; not going to continue that argument, I just sell the free revives I get for gold before they expire, so whatever, let’s say you’re correct on that.

MAYBE, just maybe, the new potions, these special ones that can only be bought w units or your credit card, have a shorter life? You’ve admitted to not having an overflow of these before so maybe someone that has experienced this already can confirm or discredit my assumption.

Regardless, you’re upset, you made an error in assuming something, it sucks but this rant is going to help. Like I said initially, wasted energy on something that will not end up in your favor, fair or not, this game does not know the meaning of that.

Feel free to disagree again, but these are the facts, sorry for your loss.