**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

why don’t you like arena?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
on the forums, I’ve seen a lot of people saying “arena sucks” “I hate arena” etc etc.

just curious as to why?

I like getting to use champs I normally wouldn’t in fights, and it’s basically free units and crystals.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

I personally don't mind the grind because I usually just go for the milestones. What I don't like about arena is when they don't throw specials and im sitting there vaiting for 5 minutes and dancing around until i accidentally get them to sp3 and they just decide to instantly use it

You mean for matches 9-14? I usually use 5* R5s / 6* R2s for matches 7-15, so they can just tank the sp3 and not die. Baiting wastes too much time at that streak count. 😂

its a long and boring grind. The AI is horrible too

Not after past 14. They react as per normal after that and don’t have a pseudo AoN.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    because NO
  • xNig said:

I personally don't mind the grind because I usually just go for the milestones. What I don't like about arena is when they don't throw specials and im sitting there vaiting for 5 minutes and dancing around until i accidentally get them to sp3 and they just decide to instantly use it

You mean for matches 9-14? I usually use 5* R5s / 6* R2s for matches 7-15, so they can just tank the sp3 and not die. Baiting wastes too much time at that streak count. 😂
    I feel like even after those rounds there is still a good amount of baiting. But like @SpideyFunko I then sometimes forget about the power bar and get melted
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    It’s a bit boring I guess and sometimes I have to play with champs I don’t enjoy
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    90 percent of arena is trying and failing to bait specials (I'm glad there's supposed to be an arena AI change coming). But overall, it's just the same thing over and over again, not a fan. I like using different characters, but I like the challenges that nodes bring.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    It's nice to get the extra units and battle chips, but like everyone says it's just too much of a grind, especially if you're wanting the featured or even basic champion where only the people with the most 5 and 6 stars have even a shot at getting them.

It's nice to get the extra units and battle chips, but like everyone says it's just too much of a grind, especially if you're wanting the featured or even basic champion where only the people with the most 5 and 6 stars have even a shot at getting them.

Actually, you can have only 3 6*s or 3 5* R5s, boost them up, and refresh like crazy over 3 days and still get the featured champ.

The biggest draw of arena comes from units for me. On Saturday I had 16k units, today I’m sitting at roughly 17.2k (saving up for July 4th).

The shards from the ranked rewards allow me to open more 4*s (solving my ISO needs), and 5*s (solving my roster needs), and BCs give me gold (solving my gold needs).

Yes it can be boring and a drag at times, but to not have headaches and shortages in other areas, it’s pretty worth it, especially when you couple it with watching television, commuting from point A to B etc. Rather than surf Facebook or Twitter or Insta, it’s time put to better use.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I think that the "grind" is not a good feature in any area of the game.
    Essentially, that translates to either really tough and not enjoyable or monotonous uninteresting content.
    Arenas fall into the monotonous uninteresting content for me and I would rather learn the champ in quests that are a bit more interesting.

If arenas can be made more interesting and less of that monotonous grind, I would definitely give them another go.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Essentially, that translates to either really tough and not enjoyable or monotonous uninteresting content.
    Arenas fall into the monotonous uninteresting content for me and I would rather learn the champ in quests that are a bit more interesting.

If arenas can be made more interesting and less of that monotonous grind, I would definitely give them another go.

I’m personally a fan of grinding out for stuff, but due to the way the game works it’s not as nearly as satisfying lol.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Can't stand arena and only do 4* basic milestones and t1a T4b when it's on other than that there's far better things I'd rather be doing with my time.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243

on the forums, I’ve seen a lot of people saying “arena sucks” “I hate arena” etc etc.

just curious as to why?

I like getting to use champs I normally wouldn’t in fights, and it’s basically free units and crystals.

i dont mind arena too much apart from the invisible "all or nothing" node that seems to exists. apart from that i think the milestones should offer a little more for higher levelled summoners. not too much but there are improvements to be made
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    With all mentioned above, I'd add it doesn't have any skill involved. It's just grinding, and most of players just can't compete without investing ton of units. Even if you can, getting a 5* is not enough of reward imo. People tend to rank 6* more and more, and we still don't have 5* basic and any 6* arena. And all that reach get reacher thing.
    Another problem for me is team building - you always have either to scroll champs to available, or press help request and wait for it to process. As far as I remember, you can't filter all champs to see only 5* r3 for example.
    I only do couple of first milestones for units occasionally, mostly when 3 day arena event is on
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Because it is mindnumbingly boring and repetitive. It's the only decent way to earn units for ftp players and that kind of makes it a chore.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I’m personally a fan of grinding out for stuff, but due to the way the game works it’s not as nearly as satisfying lol.
    I don't mind Grinding for something, but for me it's more therapeutic. I can zone out and get into the repetition. It calms me.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    It’s one of the best places to get units which is really cool but, even so it is boring to such a great extent.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    I dont like them, but I do clear the basic arena for milestones , takes me about 6 sittings with my early mid game roster