**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What were you thinking with this new war map.

Ebb and flow with mighty charge. With dark hawk as defender. This was one of my alliance mates in another bg fight. Total bs.

Comments

• Options
    WardiozWardioz Posts: 54
    Agree also KM is very tough there
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Medusa can work for ebb and flow darkhawk, aar can remove the protection buff
  • Options
    ElsaMLPElsaMLP Posts: 15

Ebb and flow with mighty charge. With dark hawk as defender. This was one of my alliance mates in another bg fight. Total bs.

This was my fight, fk I lost ALL my champs fighting this BS node combination.

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

which ebb and flow was it haha, intercept?
  • Options
    WoodchuckWoodchuck Posts: 18
    You guys just got used to finishing war, this reminds me of the og board where the winner got the furthest not the best diversity
  • Options
    Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    Just when you thought it can’t get any worse lol
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

simolaz said:

Let’s consider the declared aims of this operation:
    • Reduce players stress
    • Give back the fun to play the content
    • Reduce character-node lethal combinations

1) Objective not accomplished. An extremely high variety of characters is required to clear the map without using tons of items, and they must be perfectly assigned over the players. Result: hours (litterally) to be spent in order to select the right champions and the right path for everyone.
    Plus: attack tactics introduce even more confusion.

2) I still can’t enter AW with the characters I like to play with, because I must choose between the 2-3 useful characters for the nodes that I will do, since...

3) ...there are still combination of characters where if you don’t go with the right character coupled with the right team I’ll have zero chances to win.

Finally, just a consideration about Flow. Everyone complained about it, but still there it is. Nothing changed. The “attack strategy” mitigation is not a mitigation at all!
    1) In order to activate that “mitigation” you need to hit your opponent, causing a power gain in the meanwhile.
    2) The hit you have to throw is an heavy, and heavy attacks often take a long time before finish. This means that the power gained by the opponent in the meanwhile won’t be negligible.
    3) The more troubling opponents with Flow node are still the stun immune, and by the time you finish doing 2 heavies by “intercepting” you loose the 15 second timeframe where you can hit the opponent causing a less effective power gain.

I really don’t understand the logic.

I don't think people need to worry about flow anymore. Stubborn is going to definitely be the defense tactic everyone uses cause it's so much more annoying to fight against than flow is
    Stubborn is an high counter for Quake and Ghost, and this sucks.

But I think that Flow is still horrible, due to the fact that now they added nodes that prevent from using Quake! At least you could use her everywhere in the prevoius map!
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Remember that they were going to hide nodes initially as well lol. This is why I'm so happy I'm AQ focused. If we don't finish the map than so be it.
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Since Stubborn is not out yet is hard to establish which one is worse, but we can state for sure that:
    • If Stubborn is worse, nerfing a global node by adding a worse one is not a wise choice.
    • If Stubborn is not worse, well Flow didn’t change, and if it was a pain before there is no reason to think that is better now.
  • Options
    Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    This game needs to examine its goals. If war was intended to be this not fun then i want no part of it. Ive been playing from the beginning and i have now had enough.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Well I planned on opening a thread on stubborn bhr this actually will suffice.

You know the nodes aren’t bad, we are a tier 3 alliance and dealing decently with the nodes. IF they were by themselves. There is one node that’s pretty horribly designed but I’ll get into that later.

Stubborn. You know I would understand if you punished us for using evade (punish the quake gods), punish us for missing (punish the ghost gods), and dodge (IW). But punishing us for using Dex is utterly crazy. And to remove this you want us to take block damage? That’s in more insane. There are some champs who hit like trucks through block especially in tier 3 and above. A rank 3 doom on a mini with suicides has insane attack. Yes you’ll say “use the stubborn champs on offense”. That’s not always feasibly based off where you are in the map. There are champs you just need to use (another thing kabam said they would get away from). I can’t even believe you guys launched stubborn with 3 stacks!!!! What in the world (instead of using another phrase) were you all thinking? I’ve asked this question more in 2020 to you all then I have since I first downloaded this game in 2016, do you even play this game competitively????? This year I have seen myself critiquing kabam more than ever. That’s not my style but we pour money, time and grind into something we get passionate.

Honestly the offensive tactics are useless, scrap them because they require to much to even work and even then they don’t work too long or well.

While we are on tactics. If you want the MAJORITY of your player base to keep playing (not the whales) scrap these too. They have been one the worst things you could have introduced to “make wars great again”.

Shifting hazard or whatever it’s called. Why would you create a node like biohazard but with only very few counters. This is crazy. There are like 5 champs who can counter this and only 3 who can effectively without taking any damage. Ghost is the best counter but when you add stubborn, your efforts are to remove her from the equation. I get you want to make it hard, but your goal wasn’t to make it Alliance vs map vs alliance. It’s alliance vs alliance.

Thanks for making us hate alliance war
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    We still use ghost actually, she’s good for a lot of fights even with stubborn, same for quake
  • Options
    I do too but it’s still horrible design.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Idk, it’s way easier the flow, my bg cleared with 1 death this war, that was almost impossible vs flow
  • Options
    KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    This is my first war I’ve really played since I usually avoid war
    However I came up to the second part where it’s the last fight before the mini boss (I think)
    Outer left — was HB 6* awaken
    Had masochism and the hit counter thing that turns into power drain
    I lost two champs and the fight is impossible, there is no way with the champs I brought to finish the fight
    I tried with corv and Havok and gave up after both fights
  • Options

Idk, it’s way easier the flow, my bg cleared with 1 death this war, that was almost impossible vs flow

Really? I prefer flow over stubborn.