How many BGs in your alliance failed to clear due to maintenance?

2

Comments

  • MattManMattMan Posts: 404 ★★★
    If the CCP’s aren’t mad....nothing happens
  • LoveshackLoveshack Posts: 79
    2 BGs didn’t finish in our ally
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 404 ★★★

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame

    That’s just not true. At all.
  • Yes total BS. Refund tickets, 100% all maps, levels the playing field without loosing any possible money. And won’t piss me off as I’m looking at $300 or so of July 4th spending. Maybe...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 5,546 ★★★★★
    None. All 3 BGs cleared Map 6 with 5 hours to spare.

    GMT+8 timezone so our AQ starts at 3am our time and people don't join until roughly 8-9am when they wake up, wasting the starting 3e + 5-6 additional e. But we still get it done in about 12-13 hours.

    Never leave AQ or AW to the last minute.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 831 ★★★★
    It was a full hour, from the look of our alliance chat. Some cleared, some didn’t. All would’ve cleared if given the time they were told they had at the outset.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 5,666 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame

    That’s just not true. At all.
    Except that it definitely is
  • Ebony_NawEbony_Naw Posts: 1,251 ★★★★

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame


    That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
  • Ebony_NawEbony_Naw Posts: 1,251 ★★★★

    Ebony_Naw said:

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame


    That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
    They didn't cut it short intentionally. Just like in life, things happen, you don't leave your house at the last minute to get somewhere when you need to be there at a certain time. Sometimes there are traffic issues. You leave yourself some cushion if you're smart. Do the same thing here.

    No one is saying they cut it short intentionally. But the reason it was cut short is because of their servers. Sometimes things come up and a BG can't finish until the last 30 minutes. But you can't blame them for thinking they had that time. I could actually flip this argument on Kabam and say that the real issue is that you think their servers are so badly that I should plan on them having to shut down for maintenance. If I have to plan that MAYBE the servers are going to go offline, that's a pretty embarrassing thing to say about a company with millions in revenue a year.

    I'm not going as far as saying that (nor were you, except for in my disingenuous argument to hopefully prove that we shouldn't have to think we DON'T have the full time if needed), but again, it's not at all fair to say this is solely the fault of the players.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

    Ebony_Naw said:

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame


    That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
    They didn't cut it short intentionally. Just like in life, things happen, you don't leave your house at the last minute to get somewhere when you need to be there at a certain time. Sometimes there are traffic issues. You leave yourself some cushion if you're smart. Do the same thing here.

    No one is saying they cut it short intentionally. But the reason it was cut short is because of their servers. Sometimes things come up and a BG can't finish until the last 30 minutes. But you can't blame them for thinking they had that time. I could actually flip this argument on Kabam and say that the real issue is that you think their servers are so badly that I should plan on them having to shut down for maintenance. If I have to plan that MAYBE the servers are going to go offline, that's a pretty embarrassing thing to say about a company with millions in revenue a year.

    I'm not going as far as saying that (nor were you, except for in my disingenuous argument to hopefully prove that we shouldn't have to think we DON'T have the full time if needed), but again, it's not at all fair to say this is solely the fault of the players.
    you should always be prepared and plan for everything
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 5,666 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

    Ebony_Naw said:

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame


    That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
    They didn't cut it short intentionally. Just like in life, things happen, you don't leave your house at the last minute to get somewhere when you need to be there at a certain time. Sometimes there are traffic issues. You leave yourself some cushion if you're smart. Do the same thing here.

    No one is saying they cut it short intentionally. But the reason it was cut short is because of their servers. Sometimes things come up and a BG can't finish until the last 30 minutes. But you can't blame them for thinking they had that time. I could actually flip this argument on Kabam and say that the real issue is that you think their servers are so badly that I should plan on them having to shut down for maintenance. If I have to plan that MAYBE the servers are going to go offline, that's a pretty embarrassing thing to say about a company with millions in revenue a year.

    I'm not going as far as saying that (nor were you, except for in my disingenuous argument to hopefully prove that we shouldn't have to think we DON'T have the full time if needed), but again, it's not at all fair to say this is solely the fault of the players.
    Highly doubt they're even their servers. I'd put money on them utilizing some sort of 3rd party
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 831 ★★★★
    “Be prepared first anything” sounds an awful lot like “don’t trust the business that you patronize...they might steal from you or deny you things they promised”
  • walkerdogwalkerdog Posts: 640 ★★★
    0, but our ally mates are great about being on early and often. If you're in an ally where you're frequently struggling to finish before the last 1-2 hours (I've been there too), maint will ruin a day or two sometimes.
  • Ebony_NawEbony_Naw Posts: 1,251 ★★★★

    Ebony_Naw said:

    Ebony_Naw said:

    There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame


    That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
    They didn't cut it short intentionally. Just like in life, things happen, you don't leave your house at the last minute to get somewhere when you need to be there at a certain time. Sometimes there are traffic issues. You leave yourself some cushion if you're smart. Do the same thing here.

    No one is saying they cut it short intentionally. But the reason it was cut short is because of their servers. Sometimes things come up and a BG can't finish until the last 30 minutes. But you can't blame them for thinking they had that time. I could actually flip this argument on Kabam and say that the real issue is that you think their servers are so badly that I should plan on them having to shut down for maintenance. If I have to plan that MAYBE the servers are going to go offline, that's a pretty embarrassing thing to say about a company with millions in revenue a year.

    I'm not going as far as saying that (nor were you, except for in my disingenuous argument to hopefully prove that we shouldn't have to think we DON'T have the full time if needed), but again, it's not at all fair to say this is solely the fault of the players.
    you should always be prepared and plan for everything

    Agreed, but if something comes up for a couple of summoners, and they're not able to log in early in the AM to move, why is it their fault that the game went down and they couldn't finish? This whole bravado of "well, you shouldn't leave it for the last hour" doesn't consider that people have lives, and things come up in said lives that occasionally prevent them from coming on at ideal times. But yeah, let's punish them because they didn't plan for the unforseen and drop whatever they were doing that may have been far more important👍.

    You're forgetting one simple thing- they are being penalized for not being able to finish within a time they are supposed to be allotted to finish. This isn't rocket science. I'm not up in arms about the lack of compensation, but this whole "it's the player's fault" thing is nonsense.
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    I believe 2 of our BGs didn’t finish and I see both sides of the coin but if given 24 hours to complete something, then it’s up to the player(s) to use the whole 24 hours or not. The alliance I’m in usually finishes early but things come up, you can’t help that. The player base shouldn’t be penalized for something that happened on Kabams end though.
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    Compensation, I’m not worried about. Just adjust the scores as if the alliance the completed the map 100%.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 831 ★★★★
    BooperXL said:

    Compensation, I’m not worried about. Just adjust the scores as if the alliance the completed the map 100%.

    Kabam took tickets from all map 6/7 players that were paid for using money, units, gold, battlechips and loyalty. In exchange, they were to receive 24 hours for their team to clear the map.

    Not only was nothing done about that specific transaction (awarding crystals and refunding tickets) but AQ is structured in a way that the effects ripple to the remaining 3 days.

    Not that a ticket refund and map 6 crystal is sufficient (we lost a peak milestone and plenty of ranks) but it’d be nice to see something instead of two days of silence and then being told to go kick rocks.
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 1,938 ★★★★
    Luckily only 1, and that was only 11% remaining with 3 people behind it which would have cleared it had the servers come back on
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 1,938 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

    TyEdge said:

    MattMan said:

    2 here.

    Kabam says nothing will be done. A tiger can’t change its stripes. Only a boycott will truly force the fundamental change the community is looking fod

    It’s pretty bold for them to tell us we get nothing for their screwup, which they acknowledge affected many of us, on the same day they announce they’ve got big offers coming.
    Yup. Big mistake. I mean seriously, what would be the cost or game breaking issue with giving everyone 100% credit for the map they were on during the day that maintenance interrupted the game? So damn stingy. Forcing us to be their play testers for their broken content like Book 2 and these ridiculous war nodes.... never saw a company that wanted to bury their successful game so quickly...
    Refund entry costs and treat every map as 100%. Not complicated. That’s a heckuva start.
    Don't even need to refund.. just count it as 100% completed. As long as it's completed, you've gained the same rewards you would have if the game hadnt gone down. If they can't retrospectively do the points - then they should have refunded tickets..

    Regardless of what they should have done, they said they wont - and theres nothing we can do about it.. apparently the game going down at the most important time isnt worthy. I'll likely get this marked as spam since everything I comment on the subject is classed as spam apparently
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    We n

    We normally finish top 90 easy.
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    This is because of Sunday’s fiasco. Kabam needs to fix this.
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    TyEdge said:

    BooperXL said:

    Compensation, I’m not worried about. Just adjust the scores as if the alliance the completed the map 100%.

    Kabam took tickets from all map 6/7 players that were paid for using money, units, gold, battlechips and loyalty. In exchange, they were to receive 24 hours for their team to clear the map.

    Not only was nothing done about that specific transaction (awarding crystals and refunding tickets) but AQ is structured in a way that the effects ripple to the remaining 3 days.

    Not that a ticket refund and map 6 crystal is sufficient (we lost a peak milestone and plenty of ranks) but it’d be nice to see something instead of two days of silence and then being told to go kick rocks.


    Which is why I said I’m not worried about compensation. Kabam should adjust scores as if the alliances 100% the map.
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

    Anything to add? A little transparency would be nice.
  • nh4clnh4cl Posts: 77
    All 3 BGs failed that day. All were within reach if the game didn't crash. Went from 550 to 844 thanks to the maintenance. I expected some sort of update from kabam on this. It isn't asking for much to have all alliance complete for that day or at least fix the prestige.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,667 ★★★★★
    BooperXL said:

    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

    Anything to add? A little transparency would be nice.

    They've already responded that they won't be compensating for the outages.
    As a side note, not all outages are compensated for. It depends on things like time down, overall effect, etc.
Sign In or Register to comment.