**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many BGs in your alliance failed to clear due to maintenance?

Comments

• MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    If the CCP’s aren’t mad....nothing happens
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame

That’s just not true. At all.
  • Yes total BS. Refund tickets, 100% all maps, levels the playing field without loosing any possible money. And won’t piss me off as I’m looking at $300 or so of July 4th spending. Maybe...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    None. All 3 BGs cleared Map 6 with 5 hours to spare.

GMT+8 timezone so our AQ starts at 3am our time and people don't join until roughly 8-9am when they wake up, wasting the starting 3e + 5-6 additional e. But we still get it done in about 12-13 hours.

Never leave AQ or AW to the last minute.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It was a full hour, from the look of our alliance chat. Some cleared, some didn’t. All would’ve cleared if given the time they were told they had at the outset.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

There are hours of grace period already built into the timers. If you didn't finish there's really only only group to blame

That’s just not true. At all.
    Except that it definitely is
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
    They didn't cut it short intentionally. Just like in life, things happen, you don't leave your house at the last minute to get somewhere when you need to be there at a certain time. Sometimes there are traffic issues. You leave yourself some cushion if you're smart. Do the same thing here.

No one is saying they cut it short intentionally. But the reason it was cut short is because of their servers. Sometimes things come up and a BG can't finish until the last 30 minutes. But you can't blame them for thinking they had that time. I could actually flip this argument on Kabam and say that the real issue is that you think their servers are so badly that I should plan on them having to shut down for maintenance. If I have to plan that MAYBE the servers are going to go offline, that's a pretty embarrassing thing to say about a company with millions in revenue a year.

I'm not going as far as saying that (nor were you, except for in my disingenuous argument to hopefully prove that we shouldn't have to think we DON'T have the full time if needed), but again, it's not at all fair to say this is solely the fault of the players.
    you should always be prepared and plan for everything
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

That's not an entirely fair argument. If you give people a certain amount of time, they have every right to expect to use it. If you suddenly cut it short, there is absolutely no way you can blame the players for not having completed it. Personally, I wasn't affected by this, but to say it's the players fault is callus and wrong.
    They didn't cut it short intentionally. Just like in life, things happen, you don't leave your house at the last minute to get somewhere when you need to be there at a certain time. Sometimes there are traffic issues. You leave yourself some cushion if you're smart. Do the same thing here.

No one is saying they cut it short intentionally. But the reason it was cut short is because of their servers. Sometimes things come up and a BG can't finish until the last 30 minutes. But you can't blame them for thinking they had that time. I could actually flip this argument on Kabam and say that the real issue is that you think their servers are so badly that I should plan on them having to shut down for maintenance. If I have to plan that MAYBE the servers are going to go offline, that's a pretty embarrassing thing to say about a company with millions in revenue a year.

I'm not going as far as saying that (nor were you, except for in my disingenuous argument to hopefully prove that we shouldn't have to think we DON'T have the full time if needed), but again, it's not at all fair to say this is solely the fault of the players.
    Highly doubt they're even their servers. I'd put money on them utilizing some sort of 3rd party
    “Be prepared first anything” sounds an awful lot like “don’t trust the business that you patronize...they might steal from you or deny you things they promised”
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 42
    I believe 2 of our BGs didn’t finish and I see both sides of the coin but if given 24 hours to complete something, then it’s up to the player(s) to use the whole 24 hours or not. The alliance I’m in usually finishes early but things come up, you can’t help that. The player base shouldn’t be penalized for something that happened on Kabams end though.
    Compensation, I’m not worried about. Just adjust the scores as if the alliance the completed the map 100%.
    BooperXL said:

Compensation, I’m not worried about. Just adjust the scores as if the alliance the completed the map 100%.

Kabam took tickets from all map 6/7 players that were paid for using money, units, gold, battlechips and loyalty. In exchange, they were to receive 24 hours for their team to clear the map.

Not only was nothing done about that specific transaction (awarding crystals and refunding tickets) but AQ is structured in a way that the effects ripple to the remaining 3 days.

Not that a ticket refund and map 6 crystal is sufficient (we lost a peak milestone and plenty of ranks) but it’d be nice to see something instead of two days of silence and then being told to go kick rocks.
    We n

We normally finish top 90 easy.
    This is because of Sunday’s fiasco. Kabam needs to fix this.
    TyEdge said:

BooperXL said:

Kabam took tickets from all map 6/7 players that were paid for using money, units, gold, battlechips and loyalty. In exchange, they were to receive 24 hours for their team to clear the map.

Not only was nothing done about that specific transaction (awarding crystals and refunding tickets) but AQ is structured in a way that the effects ripple to the remaining 3 days.

Not that a ticket refund and map 6 crystal is sufficient (we lost a peak milestone and plenty of ranks) but it’d be nice to see something instead of two days of silence and then being told to go kick rocks.

Which is why I said I’m not worried about compensation. Kabam should adjust scores as if the alliances 100% the map.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Anything to add? A little transparency would be nice.
  • nh4clnh4cl Posts: 122
    All 3 BGs failed that day. All were within reach if the game didn't crash. Went from 550 to 844 thanks to the maintenance. I expected some sort of update from kabam on this. It isn't asking for much to have all alliance complete for that day or at least fix the prestige.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    BooperXL said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Anything to add? A little transparency would be nice.

They've already responded that they won't be compensating for the outages.
    As a side note, not all outages are compensated for. It depends on things like time down, overall effect, etc.