**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Not fun anymore for the average player

I’ve always accepted that the game revolves around chance. If your unlucky then you end up with an average team of champions that you have to learn how to play with to get the best experience. I’m disappointed that now I have to have specific champions in order to get through certain content, that Memphisto node for example. I’ve watched video’s and I do not have any of the 5* champions needed to do thus path and I’ve been playing the game for 5 years and I don’t have the cosmic champions that are needed to do this path, bad luck I know, but why rub my face in it?

Comments

• ShrewskiShrewski Posts: 23
    *Mysterio* not Memphisto
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    So you're telling me that out of your whole roster, you have no champion that can produce 3 or more buffs at the same time?

Sounds like you're not ready for Canadian difficulty.
    Shrewski said:

I though the forum was supposed to be helpful, clearly not...

Well, you really haven't given us anything to work from, so of course, we're not going to be helpful. You can't help unless you know what the problem is.
    On YouTube the champions people are using are all cosmic - For example: Silver Surfer, Venom & Medusa. Any suggestions on who else to use?
  • Eternal_Tripod83Eternal_Tripod83 Posts: 84
    yea it’s inconceivable that this game wouldn’t give you what you need when you need it. Probably one of those resource/roster management scenarios that’s completely the players fault and absolutely not the result of some algorithm or patent.
    Shrewski said:

On YouTube the champions people are using are all cosmic - For example: Silver Surfer, Venom & Medusa. Any suggestions on who else to use?

Post your roster.

yea it’s inconceivable that this game wouldn’t give you what you need when you need it. Probably one of those resource/roster management scenarios that’s completely the players fault and absolutely not the result of some algorithm or patent.

pAtEnt

pAtEnt
    Ok??

Shrewski off the top of my head OML ,colossus, nightcrawler, prob half of the tech class, but yea mostly cosmic champs.
    Thanks, I’ve cleared the other paths, just stuck, I’ve got an r5 5* void and a r4 Sunspot that gets me though most content. The other 5* I have at r4 are IMIW, BP, GP & Blade

• SayWhatSayWhat Posts: 16
    edited July 2020
    Post your roster on here, we can't really help unless we see who you have. And Canadian difficulty isn't targeted to the average player it's for end game with developed rosters.

These are my other 5*s r3 and r2
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    You don't have to complete every path since there aren't any exploration rewards.

You said in title that you are average player, and you complain about end game content being too roster specific?

Just be happy that you could complete what you could, since this content clearly wasn't meant for your progression level.
    Shrewski said:

Colossus.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

Wonder if that algorithm causes you to be out of gold all the time?
    edited July 2020
    Shrewski said:

Thanks, I’ve cleared the other paths, just stuck, I’ve got an r5 5* void and a r4 Sunspot that gets me though most content. The other 5* I have at r4 are IMIW, BP, GP & Blade

Nevermind. Colossus is your best bet for who you've mentioned. Longer fight but doable.

Shrewski said:

What content are talking about clearing? Void is the perfect counter to Mephisto.
    He's talking about buffed-up Mysterio

Yay I got a “follower”

I’d say the algorithm is what gives you 2400 gold way more than the drop rate is, and gives you 15k about....never yep that’s it, never. This is probably more of a patent issue with designing a system that gives excess amounts of one or in this case all but one resource, and then sends minions named josh out to try to convince an entire player base that they’re “mismanaging resources”.
    Now get your boss to merge these threads since you’re chasing me to different ones trying to continue unrelated conversations.
    Fenico said:

You don't have to complete every path since there aren't any exploration rewards.

You said in title that you are average player, and you complain about end game content being too roster specific?

Just be happy that you could complete what you could, since this content clearly wasn't meant for your progression level.

I would like the rewards on the 2 paths though.

I know the next chapters will be harder, I won’t be attempting them. I just thought a Mysterio at 21k should be beatable without having to have specific champions.

You say progression level, but really it’s just luck of the draw
    Shrewski off the top of my head OML ,colossus, nightcrawler, prob half of the tech class, but yea mostly cosmic champs.

Thanks for your suggestions, I’ll try and rank the Colossus I have before the event ends and try again.

Shrewski said:

Colossus, annihilus and hela should be able to do it. You could also look for some more options amongst your 4* champs.

You could also pair up your void with hulk to get up to 3 fury buffs via charging voids heavy attack.

But generally... No offense, but I don't think you're really there yet.
    Thanks for the advice

Shrewski said:

Nevermind. Colossus is your best bet for who you've mentioned. Longer fight but doable.

Shrewski said:

Thanks

Yay I got a “follower”

I’d say the algorithm is what gives you 2400 gold way more than the drop rate is, and gives you 15k about....never yep that’s it, never. This is probably more of a patent issue with designing a system that gives excess amounts of one or in this case all but one resource, and then sends minions named josh out to try to convince an entire player base that they’re “mismanaging resources”.
    Now get your boss to merge these threads since you’re chasing me to different ones trying to continue unrelated conversations.
    Sorry, the algorithm led me here. I can't help it.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    First of all, Canadian difficulty is for Cavalier players, not the "Average player", though I'm not sure what you mean by this. Secondly, regardless of RNG, if you have rank 4 5 stars as your top champs, that's not cavalier level. Cavalier level challenges tend to have very specific challenges, and most of them are worse than the mysterio buff combination. This actually helps you if you can have 3 or more buffs, while most Cavalier level nodes just punish you if you don't have X condition and that's it.

All that aside, punching up and trying something hard is something I like to do and think is a good thing. Colossus might do the trick. It will be much harder because you aren't meant to bring in a rank 4 colossus and have a good time, but it is doable.

What I'm trying to say is, it is supposed to be hard, so don't complain, but it should be doable with colossus, skill, and maybe revives.