**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: A Contest Evolved

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    For tag team could it be a pre-fight ability. Maybe all these champ reworks could have tag team. I dunno just a thought. Stoked for the future if this all comes through
  • MainzelMainzel Posts: 50
    I was hopeing that there would be a "restart quest" button when you are in a quest and struggle with some of the first fights. Shure its a Qol change but it would be nice not to click through all those menus just to restart a quest
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Love that we will be able to get 6* shards from incursions and buy more than one of the same crystal. Ending the AON AI will make the early part of arena less annoying, but if you are going to do that you shouldn't drop death matches. It ought to be some work to get the infinite streak. Besides, if the AI is going to throw specials the death matches are already far less dangerous and they give more points.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Artifacts? So a new name for GEAR that you guys tried to introduce?
    Spiked walls? So a way to nerd Quake without messing with her kit?

You’re acting as if spiked walls will be everywhere in the Contest now. Just because True Strike is a node doesn’t mean it nerfs Quake to the ground.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Any updates on scoring in Incursions? The reward/time factor isn’t there as it was in Dungeons. I’d go in, take about 20 or so minutes, and be done. Now I’m spending closer to 1 hour. That’s unnecessary.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Can we get a response from Kabam about the lack of mastery updates? It’s the most important QoL for many summoners.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    No update for summoner advancements ? I believe they should remove it from alliance tab and make it a solo event runs for 7 days base on progression level. This way cavalier players can access more 6* shards. I don't think they can just improve rewards while this event attached to alliances because there are allliances with uncollected and cavalier members both in.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Megavok said:

No update for summoner advancements ? I believe they should remove it from alliance tab and make it a solo event runs for 7 days base on progression level. This way cavalier players can access more 6* shards. I don't think they can just improve rewards while this event attached to alliances because there are allliances with uncollected and cavalier members both in.

Damn, I knew I forgot something. SA is wildly outdated. The 1# spot still awards 4 star shards. Anyone in a top alliance is rocking full profiles full of R3 Six Stars.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Can’t we get a democracy before releasing some things that might make the game even worse?

As @Liss_Bliss_ said spiked walls can easily be seen as a quake nerf
  • GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    Kabam, please make ask for help animation faster
  • kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 427 ★★★
    Hi Kabam, waiting for the roadmap was worth it. Thank you!
    Just have three Incursions changes hope you will consider including.
    1. Rare Hack Refresh option - instead of picking up a new rare hack that might not be beneficial to the champions, just add another +4 zones to one rare hack. E.g. for Hyperion, it's best to keep Buff Cornucopia active as much as possible.
    2. List the rare hacks beside the revive/heal champions - enables gamers to weigh in their decision better.
    3. The big squares in the Incursion maps are often mistapped instead of going to that node - I don't think it's only just me but a lot of my incursion buddies agree as well.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Great work but please add mastery swaps and remove phc from arena for uncollected/ cavalier players.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Interesting not quite has hype as 1-3 but not as bad as 2 this was quite solid as others pointed out mastery’s not being changed Is not great but overall pretty decent roadmap. I’m mostly satisfied with this whole roadmap I think the game is going to move in a positive way from now on hopefully.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    The deathmatch fight should be fixed under 90 days and not 12 months. People will be in rage to wait almost a year for that.
    Plus, within that year we might have a R5 6* or at least R4 6* which will greatly affect the arena.

I'm disappointed with the plan but at the same time, when people are in rage because of that, I'll laugh as KABAM deserves it. Again it should be fixed within 90 days
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Like what I'm seeing so far. There is 1 problem I foresee with firewalls and I need clarification on this kabam. You say if we can break through zones in multiples of 5 we can then start future incursions runs from the latest firewall. That's great and all, but does this mean when we start a new run at zone 5 we will automatically receive incursions points with regard to 5 day incursions milestones reset properly? like in 1 cycle me and my friend break through zone 5 but die in zone 8. Then in the next 5 day incursion cycle we start at zone 5, will we automatically gain all the incursion points and rewards that we would have gotten for going from zone 1 to 5? Please clarify that this is in fact the intention that you guys have.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    So I got a random question, now that we know what the next 12-18 months looks like mostly, will you guys keep this up and provide updates and more dev diaries?