**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should masteries changes be free?

Since we pay 20k + units for masteries to unlock them should changing them out be fre?

Should masteries changes be free? 148 votes

Yes
89%
BigPoppaCBONEsamalasravanSnizzbarTimone147ADDIS0NCrkwestXHans_GruberXHeheheh7777WardenclockSylarKanameLvernon15ImranMaverick03820Ab_SamadPimpwithastickNojokejaymIronBlaze09MasterduxThemadpotatoPizzabeat 133 votes
No
10%
CoatHang3rLeNoirFaineantBrightfireHDSungjUncle_Fatty_247CupidWebby72NeotwismGraydroxMiStaLovaCosmosurfer2000ChriissRGreekhitFit_Fun9329LOThunder 15 votes

Comments

• King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    On my main account I usually change mastery setup sometimes I open suicides and sometimes turn them off and by doing so it cost units.I think changing Master y setup should cost gold or B.C or loyalty not units.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    No
    I personally dont think they should be free. Nobody should be able to change masteries for defence and offence for free and just put on best masteries.

What I do think tho, there should be a way to quickly swap masteries instead of going one by one. Also, masteries really isn't that expensive to swap anyway.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Personally, I’m happy not seeing max Limber and every other perfect defensive mastery on every defender for each war.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Air98 said:

They can charge a high fee to unlock a mastery page, like 5k units to unlock a new mastery page but then swapping between the pages is free. I think that's the best alternative between what Kabam and the players want.

5k units, umadbro?
    No

ChriissR said:

I personally dont think they should be free. Nobody should be able to change masteries for defence and offence for free and just put on best masteries.

What I do think tho, there should be a way to quickly swap masteries instead of going one by one. Also, masteries really isn't that expensive to swap anyway.

Why do you think so? I don't see them being made free to change personally but I'm curious as to why you think they shouldn't be.

Personally, I'd settle for them being made much faster/easier to change but I certainly can't think of any reason that they shouldn't be free other than kabam doesn't want them to be.
    Because if they're free, then it becomes free to place defenders with the best defensive masteries and free to have the best attacking masteries for AW. I definitely think there should be a way to change only the ones you want instead of an entire page.

And as it currently stands, changing masteries really isn't that expensive regardless. About 40 Units per war to change. Give us the option to change certain ones and it becomes almost free anyway.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

ChriissR said:

Why do you think so? I don't see them being made free to change personally but I'm curious as to why you think they shouldn't be.

Personally, I'd settle for them being made much faster/easier to change but I certainly can't think of any reason that they shouldn't be free other than kabam doesn't want them to be.
    Because if they're free, then it becomes free to place defenders with the best defensive masteries and free to have the best attacking masteries for AW. I definitely think there should be a way to change only the ones you want instead of an entire page.

And as it currently stands, changing masteries really isn't that expensive regardless. About 40 Units per war to change. Give us the option to change certain ones and it becomes almost free anyway.
    People already do that in higher tier war, they just currently have to eat the cost to do it. Like I said I don't really care as much about the cost as I do the hassle of doing it. It takes far too long to make swaps do I just stopped running suicides as a result which makes things like arena even more unbearable
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Neotwism said:

Funny how ppl only seem to care about the unit cost to change masteries and not the gold. I don't think they should be free. The would defeat the uniqueness of each persons account. Every war fight would be the same with all the defenders having all the defensive points and nothing else. It would get boring and make all the fights harder. I think ppl want it to be free but aren't thinking about all the consequences involved with it.

The uniqueness? There aren't enough useful focused masteries now for that to be a consideration. Most people have the same few sets chosen with nearly inconsequential differences, since the alternatives either suck or don't exist. If some fool wants to load up their defenders with the entire defense page, there's nothing stopping them today. It's dumb and that's why no one would do it even if changing was free. If it offered a real advantage, people would already do it now and it would be mandatory for serious Alliance War. It doesn't cost that much to change for defense before placing, it's just annoying that it costs anything at all and the mastery change process is stupid and user-unfriendly.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Yes
    ChriissR said:

ChriissR said:

How can you change masteries with 40 units? Just putting back the points for offensive trees take 97 units for me.
    Personally I want to be able to recover individual points rather than a whole tree. And to be able to change whole masteries for free will be unfair and defeat the purpose of masteries somewhat imho.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    Yes & No

For me personally, I don't mind paying units / gold for activating un-used masteries but I shouldn't be charged for activating the ones that were already activated before the reset

For example
    Build 1

Build 2

Changing from Build 1 to Build 2 should only cost me 16 units and not the full 86 units
    Recoil = 2 units
    DE = 12 units
    LC = 2 units

And changing from Build 2 to Build 1 should only cost 14 units & 300 Gold
    Precision = 9 units
    Pierce = 5 units
    Courage = 300 Gold
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Yes
    I think you should have 3-4 builds you can easily cycle through and the a customize build that would be like today.

Outside of AW defense and attack there are situations where the game really tries to make you change your masteries or be punished.

It would be nice to have quick and free way to get to the builds you want to prioritize. And this would give some more depth to the game for those who aren’t engaged in masteries at all really because it costs to much to change them around. Imagine easily changing between a dexterity free build(spite +others), a max utility with max limber build(mesmerize), a no salve build(heal reversal), suicides build, bleeder build, Max MD build, max healing/health/block bulld.

You could chose what 3 build you wanted to save as quick changes and those would be free the first time. You could set them based off the teams you use too. Really it could open up use of some of the forgotten masteries as well in some circumstances and maybe introduce a way into the game for more that won’t break the game because using a point there might work in a build that isn’t just for everyone.

Changes to the masteries under customize would cost units like today(basically your open build) and altering a set build could require a little extra(after first set) and/or an Item like the old reset token we can earn or buy can be introduced to change the build(if it’s item I would say the item allows you to alter the build at no additional expense)
  • PimpwithastickPimpwithastick Posts: 18
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    ChriissR said:

And we wonder why kabam thinks they can get away with throwing ridiculous offers out there... it’s thinking like this that lets them know that the MCOC community have too much money in their pockets and they need to milk the Wales!!!! I mean it doesn’t cost that much so let’s just keep paying for something we’ve already paid to unlock..... ugh
  • PimpwithastickPimpwithastick Posts: 18
    Yes

You shouldn't be able to run suicides on AW offense and not defense with no cost.

Using suicides on offense already has its own drawbacks. As long as it’s an easy playing field then stop crying because you’re too lazy or aren’t willing to build up the right characters to take advantage of the masteries kabam has created.

• Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    No
    No way should they be free to change at will. That would be way too overpowered, and against the spirit of the game.

In my opinion, a large part of this game is strategy. ‘Who do I use for a fight, do I go for this helpful synergy or this stronger champion, when do I rank up certain champions, what should I dedicate time to, Is it worth it spending units on a revive or do I restart the quest’ etc. Masteries are a very large part of this.

Do you focus on masteries that :

1) give a massive attack boost, but are severely detrimental to champions who rely on specials?
    2) give a massive boost to only mystic champions?
    3) give a massive boost to only champions that inflict bleeds?
    4) invest in regeneration whenever you have a debuff?
    5) invest in scouter lens to help counter hidden nodes?

What combination do you use that is the best for your current roster?

A large portion of this game is strategy and masteries are also a core aspect of this strategy. It would be way too overpowered to demolish every fight with OR running full suicides, switch to a set with no suicides and Resonate to beat a mini boss with Void, back to suicides and then run MD just for the boss, for no cost?

I do agree that the current method of mastery swapping is outdated, and would love to see a couple of presets we could choose from. I also think that a good argument can be made that swapping for masteries that don’t actually change should be free, or cheaper at least. But free mastery swapping on a whim would be ridiculous.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

You shouldn't be able to run suicides on AW offense and not defense with no cost.

Using suicides on offense already has its own drawbacks. As long as it’s an easy playing field then stop crying because you’re too lazy or aren’t willing to build up the right characters to take advantage of the masteries kabam has created.

Lol but what you’re saying has no drawbacks at all on offense or defense. Pretty sure being able to switch a mastery page is a little more lazy than the current system. AW is enough of a ****show as is without perfect masteries for every situation.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Yes
    As I spent nigh on 20k units to unlock the damn things and they’re so important when using certain champions I don’t see how it costs to change them.

Champions like OR really need them to be brilliant whilst Void - who it makes sense to run with OR - really struggles with them, let alone the plethora of other champs that don’t interact well with them like HT.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    No

Why do u feel the need to personally attack ppl and call them names for simply giving their opinion? This poll asked for people's opinions. Telling ppl to stop crying and they are being lazy helps nobody. You don't know if your talking to an adult or a young kid who plays the game. Try and have a little respect and common decency.
    No

ChriissR said:

ChriissR said:

How can you change masteries with 40 units? Just putting back the points for offensive trees take 97 units for me.
    Personally I want to be able to recover individual points rather than a whole tree. And to be able to change whole masteries for free will be unfair and defeat the purpose of masteries somewhat imho.
    Not actually 40 Units, was more of understatement. I think it's more towards the 70-80 Unit cost. I 100% agree that we should be able to change the masteries we actually want and not the entire tree, or have some sort of pre setup where we can switch with 1 click. I'm just saying the switching in my opinion shouldn't be free.

It should be faster and efficient tho.