**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

After unlocking suicides, how does it affect you as a FTP player?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I am thinking about it because most of my top champs are very very suicide friendly and I just got a ton of units since someone bought me an Odin

my top champs are:
Ghost
Corvus (5&6*)
CMM
G2099
Quake
Domino(do have trinity)
voodoo

going to rankup torch archangel and she hulk to r5 next probably

so as a FTP player does it cost a lot of potions and stuff through AQ and AW and story quests to maintain the health on all your champs somehow? and how bad it is on the non suicide friendly like Torch??

If not suicides then how can I increase my attack even more? I dont have a lot of bleed champs so the deep wounds mastery dont seem like my target but how about assassin's ? currently assassin mastery is on rank1

is there somewhere where I can check which will cost me more?

Comments

• Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    You learn to play around recoil, thats no big deal. And the 60% attack increase is lovely. I have them on 4 years plus and dont regret it. Only problem fights like void with non immunes are a bit bad. But u will be fine with ghost corvus
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    You are missing the big part of suicides- maxed willpower and recovery. You only lose about 3-4% at most from a fight if you use a champ without immunities.

As far as torch goes, I’ve used him with suicides. It’s fine. The biggest issue is that there is no duration on incinerate when he’s bleeding unless he’s at high temperature.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    I just unlocked suicides myself.

I also recently pulled a 4 star doom (4/40) who I have been using in the UC EQ. I am still learning doom and while he is not the best for suicides he has still been holding up ok for me. I have been doing SP3 (no damage), SP1, SP2 and most are dead at that point so I lost 10-15% a fight. With rotating who I use by matchup I get to the final boss with everyone having plenty of health unless I really messed up.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m not strictly f2p but I’ve spent very little on the game, suicides are a complete game changer for me, the vast majority of the best champs are all suicide friendly (ghost Corvus quake omega aegon etc), and they make arena just so much quicker and easier, I very rarely turn mine off
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I’m not strictly f2p but I’ve spent very little on the game, suicides are a complete game changer for me, the vast majority of the best champs are all suicide friendly (ghost Corvus quake omega aegon etc), and they make arena just so much quicker and easier, I very rarely turn mine off

how does it affect your non suicide friendly champs whenever like you need to use them to beat a boss rush or a tricky UC boss maybe
    I typically run quests with more suicide friendly champs. Those that are less suicide friendly I will bring for matchup situations.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    If u plan to do arenas then suicides are a big help..overall if u have a few champs who can handle the lane fights with suicides,u can bring in non suicide friendly champs for specific fights...once u start using suicides u learn to play around the recoil damage but some champs like carnage,hype(in matchups where u want to throw his sp1),fury(in his second phase ) become highly unusable with suicides because either they work at low health or have a sp1 centric rotation and this would impact your rankup choices
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    The milestones rewards from arena skyrocket fast income because suicide end the fights faster as well giving more PI arena points to reach milestones faster.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Liked this discussion, i was going to ask the same question here. Anyone remembers how many cores and units total required for unlocking level by level for bleed, poison and willpower masteries? Atleast kabam should display the cores and units required for each level unlock even though its locked. Will help in planning. Am a f2p.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    https://auntm.ai/masteries?a=EcOyRcKgDUjDtiPDgcKwAEAMHQAAAAA=

You can play with masteries here and it will tell you how much each unlock is. This helps me figure out what set up I will be able to run. Currently in the process of getting suicides myself.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    I’m F2P from far beginning. Explored act6, all variants, currently exploring lol 3 paths left and gonna do abyss sometime.

Never activated suicides, for damage I maxed glass cannon and deep wounds plus assassins.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I went the other way and dropped willpower so I didn't need as many points in defense. Haven't really missed it. I am considering trying suicides again at some point. I used to run maxed DE way back when but haven't run it since the willpower nerf. I hate the idea of burning units to unlock LC but I may take the plunge at some point.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

You are missing the big part of suicides- maxed willpower and recovery. You only lose about 3-4% at most from a fight if you use a champ without immunities.

As far as torch goes, I’ve used him with suicides. It’s fine. The biggest issue is that there is no duration on incinerate when he’s bleeding unless he’s at high temperature.

It's actually about 10% health loss with that setup. That's if you're not using coagulate or suture.

I went the other way and dropped willpower so I didn't need as many points in defense. Haven't really missed it. I am considering trying suicides again at some point. I used to run maxed DE way back when but haven't run it since the willpower nerf. I hate the idea of burning units to unlock LC but I may take the plunge at some point.

Willpower nerf? @LeNoirFaineant could you or somebody else explain please?
    Oh and by the way, when I unlocked suicides, I actually maxed everything on that island plus recoil (and of course willpower). I'm a ftp as well, so took me a while to grind the units and I had to sacrifice July 4th for it, good decision of mine! Anyway, you might think I'm crazy for wasting points on recoil (took them off later), the reason why was because I wanted to first clear LoL with my ghost. Of course I had hood with me, so I'd just phase the recoil damage. I especially wanted to do this for fights that I couldn't reliably counter their specials with my heavy. Without any furies whatsoever, my rank 4 was ending fights in under 200 hits! (I was maxed boosted of course) I don't recommend max recoil unless you're running champs like magik, ghost with hood synergy, awakened CMM, and SP 3 reliant champs like havok. But suicides has really changed the game for me, everything's just so much faster!
  • AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48
    I'm also a f2p player and suicides was the best decision I've ever made. It's made arena grinding much faster and slightly more bearable since arenas are ur main unit income. I've done v2 and 3 and explored v4, finished act 6 completion and LOL, currently prepping for my first path in abyss. Funny enough, I haven't fully explored v3 and 2 since some paths actually suck w/ suicides and I don't really want to take em off
  • AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48
    Also I have OR and corvus and fights in map 6 feels like I'm playing heroic eq