**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance member stuck in a loop with Kabam Support

Hi folks,
A friend, and one of our longest serving Alliance members, is having trouble getting back control of his account following a device upgrade that didn't all go to plan. Despite the fact he's able to provide a fair amount of evidence to show it's his account, including us willing to vouch for him, he's seemingly stuck in a loop with the Kabam Support team where if he doesn't answer all the questions he can't get his account back - one of these is supplying details of his purchases for the last 5 years or something crazy.

While I understand the need to vet people before reconnecting someone with their account (to stop them being stolen) this kind of vetting seems extreme and counter product, especially seeing as this guy has actually spent money on the game.

Does anyone know if there's an escalation path for the Support channel or any other avenue our friend can take? His account is up around 800k hero rating and, obviously, he doesn't want to start again after investing so much in this game to date. If he can't get his account back then he's done with the game, and I don't blame him. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Is he Android or iOS? Google play will show you all your purchases since the dawn of time. Not sure about iOS tho
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Why can't he go back and check his purchases?
  • Options
    Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    All of my purchase history on my iOS account is usually sent to my e-mail. A quick filtered search in your e-mail would get all the info that you need relatively quickly.
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Can’t he just make a kabam account and sign in to it on his new device? Didn’t need any verification when I did that with a new tablet.
  • Options

Well they should, would they refund parents when they kids spend €£300 on odin offers lol. Should have I.D to prove your 16+ so you can purchase in game

How many games do you know that ask for an actual ID for registering or account recovery?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Well they should, would they refund parents when they kids spend €£300 on odin offers lol. Should have I.D to prove your 16+ so you can purchase in game

How many games do you know that ask for an actual ID for registering or account recovery?
    World of Warcraft and FFXIV both asked for my I.D for verification that I was the actual account holder with the registered name.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

World of Warcraft and FFXIV both asked for my I.D for verification that I was the actual account holder with the registered name.
    World of Warcraft true, but I meant mobile games. I have seen different account recovery techniques but not when asking for a literal ID. D.O.B and email is usually the norm.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian

Apple/Google needs you to re-confirm their Purchase Store Password before being able to purchase with real money (and also to download apps in the first place I believe).
    Responsible parents should have device setup so that Parent has to LOGIN for actual purchases and new App downloads. And just let kids be able to play/use only Apps that are already downloaded on device.
  • Options
    This kind of thing is not just something that our Support team does. These questions are very common for Support Teams to ask to verify a User's identity online. You'll find that many companies that operate in an online only space ask very similar, if not the exact same, questions.

All of these questions should be answerable by a User if they account is their own, and if they don't have the answers on hand, they can be found by looking at download dates, purchase receipts, etc.
This discussion has been closed.