**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The class based 5* crystal

So in the road map you mentioned a class specific 5* crystal , but they were like 2 classes together in one crystal like -
Science and Mystic champ possibility in one 5* crystal .
There is a problem in here , for example I have all the science champs but am in desperate need of few good or even okay mystic champs cos I have 15 science champs and like 1 mystic, then there really is no point of me purchasing this crystal if I am to duplicate a science again.
So I suggest lets have class specific crystals for each of the classes available in the game, so 1 each for mystic, science, mutant, tech, cosmic and skill . That would allow players to target each class . The same goes for the Tier 4 class catalyst crystal , I was hoping we can make change like , you could trade in 3 tier 4 cc of any class you don't want and get T4cc selector to choose the class you want.

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Then the crystals would have to be more expensive. Maybe 15k shards?

You could use the same argument about featured hero crystals. If I'm going for a featured hero, why are there non-featured heroes in the pool?
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    In the Road Map the dual class based 5* crystals are the same cost as the basic. i.e -10k 5* shards.
    They had the same idea in mind , I am asking for splitting it into each class that's all. Does not seem too powerful to me .
    Kabam is trying to decrease the dependability on RNG and trying to move towards something the player can control.
    A lot of people are leaving cos of that sole reason of no control over rewards.
    This time you saw the featured hero pool has much better champs than the last one and the quality of the non featured champs keeps increasing as time goes by. Cos this was needed.
    So I pay 15k shards for something that may be new and if I miss , I end up actually getting even much greater trash than what I could have got for 10 k 5* shards. That made no sense , that is why you see the trend now of better quality champs being added into the featured pool . And that is good so no argument on that , they are improving.

The class based crystals are meant for summoners to specifically target a particular class and it should not have an increased cost I guess cos you don't know if you are gonna dupe juggernaut 3 times or get dr doom or something.
    I mean maybe increase the cost to 12k shards for class specific but any more than that does not make any sense.
    There is no guarantee you are getting a good champ.

If they are gonna go class specific they should make it class based for each of the specific classes in the game .
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

In the Road Map the dual class based 5* crystals are the same cost as the basic. i.e -10k 5* shards.
    They had the same idea in mind , I am asking for splitting it into each class that's all. Does not seem too powerful to me .
    Kabam is trying to decrease the dependability on RNG and trying to move towards something the player can control.
    A lot of people are leaving cos of that sole reason of no control over rewards.
    This time you saw the featured hero pool has much better champs than the last one and the quality of the non featured champs keeps increasing as time goes by. Cos this was needed.
    So I pay 15k shards for something that may be new and if I miss , I end up actually getting even much greater trash than what I could have got for 10 k 5* shards. That made no sense , that is why you see the trend now of better quality champs being added into the featured pool . And that is good so no argument on that , they are improving.

The class based crystals are meant for summoners to specifically target a particular class and it should not have an increased cost I guess cos you don't know if you are gonna dupe juggernaut 3 times or get dr doom or something.
    I mean maybe increase the cost to 12k shards for class specific but any more than that does not make any sense.
    There is no guarantee you are getting a good champ.

If they are gonna go class specific they should make it class based for each of the specific classes in the game .

"The class based crystals are meant for summoners to specifically target a particular class and it should not have an increased cost I guess cos you don't know if you are gonna dupe juggernaut 3 times or get dr doom or something."
    In a single class crystal, not only are you decreasing the pool, but you're also narrowing the types of champions allowed in the crystal. The featured crystals only do half of that. That's why the featured crystal costs more. That's why single-class crystals should cost more than a regular basic crystal. It should be on-par with the featured.

"There is no guarantee you are getting a good champ."
    If you're going for a Mystic/Science crystal, and you want a good Mystic champ, there's a greater chance of pulling a Mystic from that Mystic/Science crystal than in a basic crystal. However, you're more likely to get a good champ out of a basic than a dual-class, but that good champion might not be a Mystic. So there are both pros and cons to both, but the pros and cons are about equal.

Now, if Kabam were to implement a single-class crystal, your chances of getting a good champ remain about the same, while your chance to get a Mystic increases. That means your overall chance to get a good Mystic champ out of a single-class crystal is way more than that of dual-class crystal. If the dual-class crystals are 10k, logically, the single-class crystals would be more, a nice 15k. The reason for this is stated above.

If they want to make a single-class crystal, it would have to cost more. I'd rather pay less for a dual-class crystal than more for a single-class crystal.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Do we have a set time frame for the duel class crystals?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    They had that in mind, and decided it was better to have dual classes instead.
    So it was already discussed
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Do we have a set time frame for the duel class crystals?

End of July/Beginning of August
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    well then I guess 15 k shards for class specific would be the way to go. I am fine with that but if this crystal does exist it would be great for the players.