**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why does Prestige matter?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Sometime the people just want to have a high number/ranking, no matter if it is really important~
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Menkent said:

You need to worry about nodes, not an arbitrary metric that kabam put into aq scoring to push top players to get the newest champs regardless of their utility. If you're in act 5 something like Rogue could be way more useful than Silver Surfer.

rogue more useful than surfer? no way
    Rogue can solo 6.1.5 Crossbones and 6.2 Champion...
    She's also great for a lot of the "tough" act 5 nodes like bane. That heal from sp1 can add up, especially if she's high sig and it crits. I was reminded how much I used her in 5.1 and 5.2 because I was using her to explore the 4* map in v4 last night.
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★

Sometime the people just want to have a high number/ranking, no matter if it is really important~

“Mine goes to 11”

As ever Spinal Tap did it best.

• Options

Arsoz said:

Prestige doesnt matter only top players care about prestige

not true lol. I need to get to 5.5k prestige asap to stay in my alliance. Its a struggle for players of all levels, especially the F2P ones
    @lowlevelplayer , what maps are your ally running that they require 5.5k prestige ?
    They can’t be trying to compete for the very high AQ series rank spots with that low of Prestige (compared to Ally's that are 9k+).

Maybe they’re just using Prestige as an alternative to overall Rating (or how many of certain Rank champs you have).
    But if they are using it to dictate basically WHO you have to have as your highest Prestige champs, that really is only valid for the top level Ally’s who have to “OUT-PRESTIGE” each other in order to get highest points while doing map 777x5.
    our leadership is not dictating our rank-ups, but its a factor that we consider. I'm fairly lucky to have pulled good, high prestige 5*s, but others aren't.
    BHR doesn't really matter at all, so I guess you could say prestige is a substitute.
    PS. we run 55444 44443 44433
    You’re really just confirming that your leader doesn’t really understand what they’re doing. Prestige absolutely doesn’t matter if you’re doing these maps. You’ll get much further as an alliance if you let people rank up the champs they like and can play well with completely removed from prestige considerations.

as I said, no one is forcing prestige rank ups in my alliance
    You say you guys consider prestige when ranking up and mention you’ve been luckier than most when pulling high prestige champs. It shouldn’t be a factor at all.
    why not? I feel like higher tier players have a very rosy nostalgic feel about lower level alliances and players. You just assume that we don't have a care in the world, we rank up who we love, we don't need to worry about nodes, etc...
    We remember very well what climbing the ranks was like, we also know we had plenty of misconceptions about the game.

Prestige has nothing to do with nodes or how good a champion is, it’s a completely arbitrary number that has no bearing on a champ’s usefulness. It’s just a way for Kabam to get the whales spending on crystals, so they can keep ranking as high as possible in AQ.

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

not true lol. I need to get to 5.5k prestige asap to stay in my alliance. Its a struggle for players of all levels, especially the F2P ones
    @lowlevelplayer , what maps are your ally running that they require 5.5k prestige ?
    They can’t be trying to compete for the very high AQ series rank spots with that low of Prestige (compared to Ally's that are 9k+).

Maybe they’re just using Prestige as an alternative to overall Rating (or how many of certain Rank champs you have).
    But if they are using it to dictate basically WHO you have to have as your highest Prestige champs, that really is only valid for the top level Ally’s who have to “OUT-PRESTIGE” each other in order to get highest points while doing map 777x5.
    our leadership is not dictating our rank-ups, but its a factor that we consider. I'm fairly lucky to have pulled good, high prestige 5*s, but others aren't.
    BHR doesn't really matter at all, so I guess you could say prestige is a substitute.
    You’re really just confirming that your leader doesn’t really understand what they’re doing. Prestige absolutely doesn’t matter if you’re doing these maps. You’ll get much further as an alliance if you let people rank up the champs they like and can play well with completely removed from prestige considerations.

You say you guys consider prestige when ranking up and mention you’ve been luckier than most when pulling high prestige champs. It shouldn’t be a factor at all.
    why not? I feel like higher tier players have a very rosy nostalgic feel about lower level alliances and players. You just assume that we don't have a care in the world, we rank up who we love, we don't need to worry about nodes, etc...
    We remember very well what climbing the ranks was like, we also know we had plenty of misconceptions about the game.

Prestige has nothing to do with nodes or how good a champion is, it’s a completely arbitrary number that has no bearing on a champ’s usefulness. It’s just a way for Kabam to get the whales spending on crystals, so they can keep ranking as high as possible in AQ.

you act like I don't understand that prestige doesn't mean how good the champ is. You don't understand my point. Prestige, while less important that other factors, like the damage, utility, etc... is still something that you should keep in mind. There are certain exceptions to the rule, mainly quake and ghost. They both have meh prestige but they are the 2 best champs in the game
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

It's not an arbitrary number. It's an internal gauge that's been used for years to determine difficulty and Rewards. Even PI has values built into it. People even discovered this and maximized it, creating the Prestige Race. The idea that it's just numbers is false. It's a numerical representation of certain limitations on Players and Alliances.
  • Options

Arsoz said:

you act like I don't understand that prestige doesn't mean how good the champ is. You don't understand my point. Prestige, while less important that other factors, like the damage, utility, etc... is still something that you should keep in mind. There are certain exceptions to the rule, mainly quake and ghost. They both have meh prestige but they are the 2 best champs in the game
    Prestige is definitely something me and my alliance keep in mind, but it does make a significant difference in AQ rewards for us.

What is your point then? Why do you even consider prestige at all beyond “leader said so”? What does it bring you?
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

Prestige is definitely something me and my alliance keep in mind, but it does make a significant difference in AQ rewards for us.

What is your point then? Why do you even consider prestige at all beyond “leader said so”? What does it bring you?
    I like to have a goal
  • Options
    LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    edited July 2020

ItsDamien said:

Arsoz said:

5.5k prestige is like R4 5* unduped. It's not that bad.
    Yea, but prestige is top 5 champs. That means I need at least 3 R4 high prestige champs.
    Sorry meant to quote who the above was quoting..

I just had to laugh at this because I'm such a low level player. A r4 5 star is my absolute highest rated champ lol I literally just got my second r4 last week.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Mike439 said:

Arsoz said:

It's not an arbitrary number. It's an internal gauge that's been used for years to determine difficulty and Rewards. Even PI has values built into it. People even discovered this and maximized it, creating the Prestige Race. The idea that it's just numbers is false. It's a numerical representation of certain limitations on Players and Alliances.
    What?

Prestige only matters when going for top end rewards in AQ. That’s it. Saying it puts limitations on what a player can do is ridiculous.
    A 7k prestige player with the right skill and champs could do the same as a 10k prestige player.

Did I say it stops everyone from doing better? No.
    There's a reason it gives more Rewards in AQ. It's not just some secret code that was discovered. It's a strength gauge that averages the abilities of Alliances/Accounts. It denotes what natural limitations are. It doesn't LIMIT people.