**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

How should I spend my units

Should I buy the crystal sample in the store for 425

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No
  • ZoddymamZoddymam Member, Content Creators Posts: 362 Content Creator
    I bought that a few times when I was a rookie. Never got it. Its as risky as buying three phc. Low chance for 4 star. Possible yes but unlikely
  • Spiderb46Spiderb46 Member Posts: 15
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    No

this is a question from a friend of mine so can you explain why
  • Spiderb46Spiderb46 Member Posts: 15
    what about the special event crystal that comes around every update for 150
  • R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Spending units on crystals is a very risky gamble where the odds are against you. Units are best saved for unlocking new masteries or for buying resources to get you through tougher content with great rewards. At some point in the game you'll eventually have saved enough units to play around with.
  • R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Deals often come around for the price of units. Good to save them for those offers as well, specially when you know what you are getting in return
  • ThawnimThawnim Member Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    No, the crystal sample pack has an increased chance at a 3* or 4* version of a specific champion (that means no guarantee you get anything other than a 2*). If your friend were new to the game I'd advise him/her to invest in cores to improve his/her mastery setup. A good mastery setup will open up harder acts. And harder acts generally give you a 3* or even a 4* crystal just for basic completion.

Look at the special event, for just basic completion you get a 3* hero crystal.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Never but crystals with units unless you are a very large whale. Only crystals I see as a good buy are grandmaster crystals but I feel units are best used for revives on harder content or energy and boosts for a legend run. Also masteries are a good place for units if there's still something you want to unlock
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    Mastery cores.
  • The_OneThe_One Member Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    You could buy a load of energy refills and gift them to me.
    You'll get more out of it through satisfaction of doing a good deed than you'll get from those crystals.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Member Posts: 711 ★★
    2dlez653vy52.png

Truly not worth it

Bought 20 medusa crystals and got a kingpin sigh...
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Best uses of Units:

1. Masteries: If you have not unlocked the high end ones yet, that should be your #1 priority
    2. Save for potions/ revives in high end content
    3. Save for special offers

At NO point should you buy feature crystals with your units. It's a waste. $1000 worth of units may leave you with nothing but 2 star champs.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Member Posts: 144
    Save for special offers.
  • WOKWOK Member Posts: 468 ★★
    I would have to say in a "responsible" yet highly less fun perspective, it depends on where you are at currently in the game. Being you've progressed to a good level to where you have opened all the masteries you've wanted to utilize and game content completion is not solely dependent on whether you have units available or not. If that sounds like you, I say "hell why not"!

If it doesn't, I would say hold off and weigh your options carefully. Spending or acquiring 425 units can be trivial and also overwhelming depending on the scenario(not taking direct unit purchases into account that is). Imagine you are stuck in a quest and need 100 units for a TR and your SOL. For my impatient cumpulsive self, its torture having to grind arena for milestones and BC for crystals in hopes of pulling units in that situation.(happened embarrassingly too often) LOL
    Masteries are a definite must have also before addition champs in my opinion. Stoneys and carbs arent "cheap" and you need more than a handful thats for sure. GL if you go for the crystal!