**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW season 19 feedback

MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
So after participating to these first wars it looks to me that AWs are still bad in season 19.

Quality of life improvements: 4/10 (for removing the portals and simplifying the flow)
New nodes: 2/10 (2 is just for removing the ebb/flow in first path 5 nodes)

It stopped to be fun a long time ago.
Better than the pre19, but still a lot of BS nodes that require very specific champs to counter very specific defender.
We're going to see ALWAYS the same defender on some nodes.

Overall experiece is: boring.
And expensive, we're using a lot more items and dying 3 times as much as before.
It's a frustrating cashgrab.
And rewards are still meh in gold2.

Probably better skip this season in our relaxed ally.

What's your experience and feedback?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    I’m like this I’m Agerd new node need more tune I’m Hav part 5 not that bad use cmm and Nick the doom if there’s a tricky fight like nova it not that’s bad nick is because he stun imuns in he 2 phess. So no iuse to itersup a Thor rag
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    edited July 2020
    Something that puzzles me is why are we seeing improvements in many areas of the game, while AW still reflects some bad act6 directions?

Under many aspects is clearly something that does not match the latest intentions and promises.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    After 3 wars (probably high p4 low p3, tier 3/4) id have to say it’s not as horrible as we originally thought.

Now before everyone disagrees with me, I still think some of the nodes are horrible. When you combine them with a the tactics and the champs is becomes really hard. It’s hard to bring counters for you line, then counters for mini boss and then boss.

Then the attack tactics. My god, those are almost as useless as the alliances bases that were never used. Lol

If I had to rate this war season off a few things:

QOL- 8 weve been finishing our map really fast
    Nodes - 5
    Defensive tactics- 0 (Scrap this bad idea)
    Offensive tactics - -10 (Scrap this even worse idea or make them actually useful)

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    MEKA5 said:

Something that puzzles me is why are we seeing improvements in many areas of the game, while AW still reflects some bad act6 directions?

Under many aspects is clearly something that does not match the latest intentions and promises.

This war stuff was designed before all the feedback, they’re planning on a complete overhaul of the entire mode
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Gamer said:

I’m like this I’m Agerd new node need more tune I’m Hav part 5 not that bad use cmm and Nick the doom if there’s a tricky fight like nova it not that’s bad nick is because he stun imuns in he 2 phess. So no iuse to itersup a Thor rag

The guy who ran 5 before you didn’t complain about it 😂😂
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

The guy who ran 5 before you didn’t complain about it 😂😂
    U love this’ll node didn’t u
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    This is the easiest aw map they have made
  • Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    We had to scrap in gold2, with adjustments we will easily be back in top of gold1, really good decision by Kabam
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★

Yeah, take path 4 on tier 4 or 3 ... then tell me ;-)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

Map wise, yes. Globals wise, not really.

I still prefer the old-old AW map, the one that has starburst on it. Maybe I’m just nostalgic. Lol
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    So far I’ve actually found it easier for the most part. A couple of the nodes are a little bit weird but with 5 minute timers there’s a lot less time stress so I’ve not needed any boosts to get stuff down - outside of popping the odd health boost as insurance.

The hazard shift combinations are a little bit annoying if you don’t have quake (RIP me).

The biggest trial is dealing with the defence tactics. As an officer my biggest path setting concern is countering flow etc. Rather than the path itself. I’ve not found any really horrible node combinations yet.