**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Looking for tips for AoL easy path/Collector without Aegon/CG

I’m going to do AoL easy path within a couple of months, but really not sure what my plan is for Collector especially.

Champions I’m probably bringing:
AA 5/65 ~130
CAIW 6/35 Unduped
HT 5/65 ~ 80
SS - 1

I’ll most likely run 5/5 DW and 4/5 MD untill collector, where I could switch to LC, DE, WP etc.

Thinking about bringing:
Ghost for collector
Heimdall for the synergy which might allow me to fire off an extra SP2 with CAPIW on collector
LC for collector. Dunno if this works

Unfortunately I don’t have 5*/6* CG or Aegon.
I’ve even thought about ranking one of them as a 4*, ramping during the run and using on collector, but not sure on that idea?

Any ideas based on roster?

Comments

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    My alternative suggestion would have been Colossus with Omega synergy.

As someone who did their initial clear without Aegon - but with Corvus - I would strongly avoid doing it without either of the two. I chucked a couple of team revives at the collector to see how my other team members did - CapIW, Torch, Fury, SS, Corvus.

CapIW- could take the damage but very difficult to get the passive heavy for bigger damage because of the tenacity.
    Torch - may as well have not bothered
    Fury - didn’t do too badly but tenacity, the fact that his big bleed is from his last light is impractical when Collector can go unstoppable and just clap you. Also, 30% health just leaked away.
    SS - May as well have not bothered

Off one 40% revive on average I did more damage with CG than the other 4 combined. As I understand it, Aegon will do 3-4x CG’s damage on a single revive.

I used over 3k units on the collector alone for a total of 5500 units. If you’re set on getting this content banged out with your current team save 7.5k because Collector could be a truly awful fight. Frankly, I’d hold off unless you have a couple of 6* in multiple classes you’re either desperate to awaken or are more than happy to R3. The only reason that I took a sub-optimal team in was because I had 3 classes I would happily R3, 4 if I got the gem I wanted, and 3 classes I wanted gems in, so I had a high chance of an immediate ROI. If you’re not in this boat, save yourself the trouble until you are.

My advice would be start hoarding your 5* and start opening up mutant/skill class 5* when they’re released at the end of the month and hope for Aegon and/or Colossus.
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Omega Red can take collector down to the point where he is not Immune to bleed. You can check my Omega Red vs Abyss guide. Keep one thing in mind don't push collector to SP2, taking whole SP1 on block is better. You can hardly take one SP2 on block. But you can take alot of SP1 on block.

At 30% I think Colossus will do it.

Or you can wait for me to do Abyss because I am planning to use Colossus Against abyss fights including collector.
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    edited July 2020

Keep one thing in mind don't push collector to SP2, taking whole SP1 on block is better. You can hardly take one SP2 on block. But you can take alot of SP1 on block.

False thing. If u dex last part of sp1 u take 9% block damage of sp1. If u dex first and last part of sp2 u take 14% block damage of sp2. I am talking about 20%health and 30%(attack+health) boost. U can see seatin or any other YouTube video for reference. Blocking of sp2 is much preffered than sp1
  • Options

Keep one thing in mind don't push collector to SP2, taking whole SP1 on block is better. You can hardly take one SP2 on block. But you can take alot of SP1 on block.

False thing. If u dex last part of sp1 u take 9% block damage of sp1. If u dex first and last part of sp2 u take 14% block damage of sp2. I am talking about 20%health and 30%(attack+health) boost. U can see seatin or any other YouTube video for reference. Blocking of sp2 is much preffered than sp1
    @Heattblastt First of all no one saying to Dex Sp1. 2nd thing when I used my Aegon and took 7 sp1 on block and still alive.

I don't know from where you get this idea but even from videos I have seen SP2 took all you health. So your logic is not making sense. Although sp2 has insane block penetration and SP1 does almost negligible damage.

So in the end my question is from where you get this idea without trying it?
  • Options

@Heattblastt And I have watched all those video in all those videos they hardly even survived one SP2. While I survived tons of SP1. So again I am asking from where you get this idea without even trying?

Now I am saying go watch seatin and lagacy an all abyss videos available on YouTube and then come here tell me how much SP2 maximum they survived.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

@Heattblastt And I have watched all those video in all those videos they hardly even survived one SP2. While I survived tons of SP1. So again I am asking from where you get this idea without even trying?

Now I am saying go watch seatin and lagacy an all abyss videos available on YouTube and then come here tell me how much SP2 maximum they survived.

@King_Leo321 , I am putting a link of seatin's fight against collector. See the video from 6:52:25 to 6:52:50 (which will be 25 seconds long) . While facing sp1 he went down from 84% to 75% which is 9% and while facing sp2 he went from 64% to 51% which is 13%.

https://youtu.be/esi04RqI_W0
  • Options
    @Heattblastt Video is only 6 hours and 10 minutes wrong and 2nd thing SP1 did less damage for sure. I think you should watch again again seatin health was 71% and he took SP2 and his health goes down straight to almost 30%, I think you should watch it.
  • Options

@Heattblastt Video is only 6 hours and 10 minutes wrong and 2nd thing SP1 did less damage for sure. I think you should watch again again seatin health was 71% and he took SP2 and his health goes down straight to almost 30%, I think you should watch it.

@King_Leo321 , my bad see at 5:52:25 to 5:52:50...... And the reason that his hp went from 71 to 30 was because the mechanic "face me coward was on". See the part when this mechanic was not in place.
  • Options
    AndroggsAndroggs Posts: 107
    I am thinking about doing a 2nd path in the abyss. I still don't have aegon, and the 1st path I did was a hybrid of 2 paths. I used caiw, nf, void, sym, and iceman (used iceman for havok...).

This time I was thinking about going the easy path (starts w/thing and moving down to blue path with gg, sinister, punisher 2099).

Possible team:

6* colossus r2 (have an ag for him)
    6* torch r3 awakened
    5* bwcv r5 awakened
    5* venom r5 for punisher 2099
    Either 5* nf r5 awakened or 5* ored awakened

Torn on ored and nf- ored synergy with colossus would be really good but the whole team minus venom would benefit from the attack boost from nf. Plus I would potentially use nf more than ored. (Ored would be more so for the colossus synergy).

Not gonna give a complete breakdown of who I would use for each fight but just a few:

Venom for punisher 2099 since you need to 2 unique buffs to deal normal damage. I dont really have any other viable options besides bringing heimdall instead and bringing magik instead of bwcv. Synergy between those 2 would give a precision buff to anyone and if took nf instead of ored that would give nf 2 unique buffs.

Nf or venom for gg depending on team.

Colossus for collector.

Let me know your thoughts. Wont be doing the it for a little while as I have to build units back up.
  • Options
    BopbopBopbop Posts: 32
    First of; thank you for taking the time to such a thorough response @Mauled!

You raise some interesting points.
    I was running out of things to do in game except exploration of act 6 (might aswell wait untill nerf) which is why I’m definitely doing AoL. I had no idea this dual class crystal was coming to mcoc anytime soon, let alone this month, so ill be hoarding for skill/mutant ones untill then, and with event quest and upcoming boss rushes and variant this should be a good amount!

Sounds somewhat painfull without aegon. Unfortunately dont have Collosus either!

I’ve seen video of heavy countering in corner with capiw and thats gonna be my backup plan if I dont get a aegon/Collosus/CG. Maybe bring the science synergy for capiw, or just heimdall.
    Im guessing a 5/50 Aegon isnt worth ramping up for that fight alone?

Ill be sure to read up on collector abilities/specials @King_Leo321 @Heattblastt . Thank you for the heads up!
    I could r5 and dup my 5* omega if hes good for collector? Only been reluctant because I Got the 6* who I could potentially dupe, but ye..

Interesting @Androggs. I thought about doing a mix-path myself, starting with darkhawk, just to get the most out of HT and capiw on LC.
    How was the LC fight with capiw? And who did you use on collector?

• Options
    Morningstar can also work decent cause he most of the time she will doing perfect block collector.

Her perfect block chance is so high that collector specials may not effect her.

If you are Hela God then hela is also a way to go.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Bopbop said:

First of; thank you for taking the time to such a thorough response @Mauled!

You raise some interesting points.
    I was running out of things to do in game except exploration of act 6 (might aswell wait untill nerf) which is why I’m definitely doing AoL. I had no idea this dual class crystal was coming to mcoc anytime soon, let alone this month, so ill be hoarding for skill/mutant ones untill then, and with event quest and upcoming boss rushes and variant this should be a good amount!

Sounds somewhat painfull without aegon. Unfortunately dont have Collosus either!

I’ve seen video of heavy countering in corner with capiw and thats gonna be my backup plan if I dont get a aegon/Collosus/CG. Maybe bring the science synergy for capiw, or just heimdall.
    Im guessing a 5/50 Aegon isnt worth ramping up for that fight alone?

Ill be sure to read up on collector abilities/specials @King_Leo321 @Heattblastt . Thank you for the heads up!
    I could r5 and dup my 5* omega if hes good for collector? Only been reluctant because I Got the 6* who I could potentially dupe, but ye..

Interesting @Androggs. I thought about doing a mix-path myself, starting with darkhawk, just to get the most out of HT and capiw on LC.

Honestly no idea what Aegon’s damage output as a 4* is. I suppose if you were boosted to your eyeballs he could probably put out decent damage with the unstoppable heavies, it’d be a bit expensive to ramp him up though with the reduced hit counter and I’m not really sure how viable he’d be in terms of path clearing. It could well cost you 500 odd units to get him to 999.

I believe July is the supposed release month for the class crystals, unless things have changed and we haven’t been told.

I wouldn’t put that much stock in OR for Collector. I suppose in theory he could work a bit, but the tenacity, block damage etc. By time you get a good deal of spores to stick and degen you’d probably be close to death and the only real reason to take him would be to give Colossus that huge damage boost - which you don’t have.

cap did a lot of my path clearing the block proficiency was excellent and his armour break from cosmics made tech fights easier.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I've been wondering about whether my 5/65 Medusa and Morningstar will be viable.

I have Colossus too (and Omega) and about to 2/35 6* corvus, but no Nick, aegon, doom or SS... So I found this an interesting read.. it's not my work:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/fctiug/medusa_morningstar_vs_abyss_brief_thoughts/

I've been wondering if 5/65 Morningstar, at 5 souls, going unstoppable on her sp1, maybe even taking mephisto simply for her 1 bar of power start, would be viable.

Any way, good luck @Bopbop , I blew a years worth of 18k saved units on July 4th.... (Yes, I know...), So won't try for some time, but if I do, I may be doing similar
  • Options

Caiw worked good for lc. I would time my attacks to nullify his unstoppable and push him to an sp1 to retaliate. I would intercept here and there. Takes multiple revives though as he has a lot of resistance and you will hit the hit cap again and again. He isnt the top 3 for that fight to use.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention but used caiw for collector on my 1st path.
  • Options
    If you run Max Suicides and boost the. Sorcerer Supreme is also an option, she has high energy Resistance and she can heal all the health back when hit on block.

And yes even without armor break with Suicides and boosts she hits 5K mediums atleast which is very good damage without armor breaks.
  • Options
    So this is my thoughts on trying to tackle abyss collector with colossus:

I would start the fight with a good amount of hp and 1st goal would be to reach an sp3 to apply the passive fatigue. (This will prevent crits on slip up from the collector evading and punching me in the face which will reduce overall damage dramatically)

I would then fight the fight as normal building more armors and throwing sp2s.

Nothing I really can do about the evades but between the passive fatigue and armors, colossus should be a tank.

Problem would be when the collector reaching next stage of fight. I would have to knockdown the collector to prevent passive damage. So building to a sp3 may not be that easy and colossus' heavy isn't that great for retaliating collector's heavy since it doesn't have much reach and is kind of slow.

Also, not sure if running suicides for colossus would be the best strategy since the whole point of my strategy would be to tank through the fight and throw sp2s.

I know emma synergy gives more power based on # of armors colossus has but can fit her on the team.

I also thought about switching to using torch once the collector is immune to incinerate. I would be bringing torch and bwcv regardless and that synergy allows torch to place a slow debuff on the opponent when the opponent is immune to incinerate. Yes collector has tenacity but i don't see him shrugging off every slow debuff since torch applies them on his M and 2nd L attack and heavy attacks. This will help deal with the evades and unstoppables. Problem is ht doesn't is not that durable and damage is average without DOT. Mine is a 6* r3 so maybe wouldn't be that bad.

Anyways just a thought let me know what yall think.
  • Options
    BopbopBopbop Posts: 32
    I’ll take your advice and hoard for aegon/colossus @Mauled . If I havent pulled either in a few months time (after summoner appreciation + Boss rush + incursions crystal reset) ill blitz through with AA and CAPIW alongside HT and SS.

Ah okay @Androggs. Might still go darkhawk/LC path to start then. How was CAIP on collector?

Thank you @Moosetiptronic . Hope you got some good pulls then!
  • Options
    Bopbop said:

I’ll take your advice and hoard for aegon/colossus @Mauled . If I havent pulled either in a few months time (after summoner appreciation + Boss rush + incursions crystal reset) ill blitz through with AA and CAPIW alongside HT and SS.

Ah okay @Androggs. Might still go darkhawk/LC path to start then. How was CAIP on collector?

Thank you @Moosetiptronic . Hope you got some good pulls then!

That collector fight blew w/ him. I mean i was able to get off 1-2 sp2s per fight. He did shine during the unstoppable part of the fight as he can nullify that. I would definitely if you dont have aegon or corvus then probably one of your next few best options.