**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Too many Sasquatch Ambushes now?

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    xNig said:

So.... last 2 weeks people were complaining he’s too rare and hard to find...

This week people are complaining he’s too easy to find..

Man.. you guys are hard to please.. lol

That's because an RNG based setup is "BAD DESIGN" .. period ....

Doesn't matter how you throttle the RNG .. it's not going to be .. "FUN" .. it's just annoying . hence bad design.
  • Options
    Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Now it feels soo annoying to get ambush in epic or Canadian dificulty plz kabam decrease the ambush from higher tire and only let ambush on heroic or mastry dificulty it's really annoying all the time I died at starting
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I'm let you in on a secret of a way to completely avoid this Sasquash..... Don't do the content.
    The frequency of ambushes are not dissimilar to the Mole man ambushes when we had that side event. Of course it gets annoying after a while but if you want the rewards on offer you have to do it.

Well actually if you wanted you could back out and try again and hope not to get him since it costs you 0 energy.

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If you can’t clear Sasquatch every time, whatever difficulty you are doing is not meant for you. I got ambushed 8/12 times in canadian. Pretty easy. If he’s set to pop up in certain lines continuously and you can’t clear her jts Kabam’s way of telling you, you’re not ready for that difficulty.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Godz said:

Just 100% Canadian and epic,
    Ambush
    Canadian 14 ambush
    Epic 12 ambush
    TF....

I didn’t count the lines but I’m almost certain Canadian-heroic only has 12 lines per difficulty. I dont think you were ambushed 26 times in 24 lines. I could be wrong but.... I doubt it.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Last Two weeks there were only one blank tile on each path where he could spawn, (unless the ones right at the start or just before the finish spawn him which I never saw myself,) this week there are at least 5 blank tiles per path (spawn spots) so yeah we are seeing him most times because of that, knowing kabam you can never be sure whether it was intentional or not but it’s been good for practising fighting him, will be sick of him by next week though, Doom or ss are good for him
  • Options
    Speeds80 said:

Last Two weeks there were only one blank tile on each path where he could spawn, (unless the ones right at the start or just before the finish spawn him which I never saw myself,) this week there are at least 5 blank tiles per path (spawn spots) so yeah we are seeing him most times because of that, knowing kabam you can never be sure whether it was intentional or not but it’s been good for practising fighting him, will be sick of him by next week though, Doom or ss are good for him

Torch quake and Beardo also
  • Options
    I've been recording % on my side ..

The first 2 were hovering around 20% .. or so .

this 3rd chapter, seems to be hovering around 50% "ish" ..

that's just me, though .. small sample set ...

• Options
    NavieenNavieen Posts: 137 ★★
    @Arsoz I ain’t complaining g I’m just saying in a normal quest chances of getting ambushed are low, they aren’t meant to be a regular occurrence. So the fact that in 12 runs in 1 quest you get ambushed 10 times?
  • Options
    NavieenNavieen Posts: 137 ★★
    edited July 2020
    That’s a bit too much in my opinion
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Navieen said:

If u look at the averages between all the weeks it balances out. The first few weeks didn't see many ambushes and this week it's been more. In the end it will simply average out. There is nothing to complain about
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Navieen said:

If u look at the averages between all the weeks it balances out. The first few weeks didn't see many ambushes and this week it's been more. In the end it will simply average out. There is nothing to complain about
    While you may not have seen many the first few weeks, lots of other people did. I myself completed all the objectives within 1 level of difficulty, and had ambushes to spare.

There is no balance, it is all RNG.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    i finished part 2 "true patriot" to 100% in Canadian, 100% in epic, 100% in master and 86% in heroic. I've got 2 sasquatch so far :'(

i have 2 paths left to get 1 more for the special rewards, and then i'll have to start redoing paths to try and run into him. i have hardly seen him at all.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Tbh it just makes it sooooooooo much more painful to explore I had to designate like 5 hours to clear everything because there were so many Sasquatches
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I agree with this post.. Too many ambushes..
    It gets boring.. Going off one ac..
    9 on Canadian difficulty
    Every path of Epic
    FYI Epic Sasquatch is harder then Canadian difficulty one.. In epic if you’re using lower champs you need someone specific to deal with his regen.. Where as on my baby ac I can take him down with anyone in Canadian difficulty due to breakthrough..
    Seen a few players in global complaining they got jumped more then once on same path..
    Hopefully kabam will have lowered the rate for the new week we’ll find out tonight I guess..
    Just seriously fed up of the repetition..
    (Oh and for anyone wondering yes it’s because he’s way too hard to beat as I have no skill nothing to do with it being boring as hell)
    (Ac I run suicides on)

(Ac I don’t run suicides on)

(Baby ac I just pushed to level 55 for this content)

• Options
    HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    on week 3 I run every difficulty and for me Pop up ONLY on Canadian Difficult 4 times
  • Options
    SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    I've been running it today and am getting the Canadian Sasquatch every 2nd path
  • Options

There honestly should have been either a set amount of randomly distributed ambushes or there should have simply been a sasquatch on every path.

If you can't continuously beat him, then canadian difficulty shouldn't be for you imo. He's basically just a massive health pool and not much else.

I agree with you here .. it's basically why I've said what they got now is bad design ..

whether or not he's "easy" or not .. isn't even the issue ...

You start a path ... if you get ambushed, you have a choice:

1) fight a fight .. which for some is long and (somewhat) difficult ... for no real "gain". that is, you get nothing for doing that fight.
    2) Quit the fight, and exit the map, and restart hoping to avoid the ambush. It's 0 energy, so this costs nothing, except time. If you can't easily 1 shot Sasquatch, this is your best option ... do it a few times, eventually avoid the ambush, get the rewards ..

So ... you don't "have" to fight Sasquatch .. he's pretty easy to avoid ... so ... why even have him there?
    The only thing that would make it worth having him show up, is to put some kind of reward on him for that specific fight ...

but again .. why do that ? It seems pointless.
    As you said .. either just put him on every path .. or remove him completely ... or even a fixed #.

Or even randomly drop him on a path . but SHOW where he is ... then one can plan and say "Yes .. I'll fight him this time .. " or "nope, going this way".

Yes, I know it is no longer an "Ambush" .. but it's been shown that these ambushes are bad design .. so hoping they do away with ambushes in the future .. they're pointless, and "non-fun" most of the time.