**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Excited for the new Dual Class 5* crystal

2»

Comments

• crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Aayush19 said:

How will the classes be arranged? C/T. Mys/Scie. and Mu/Sk?

Correct
    Wouldn't it just follow the class days?
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

Or maybe the question should be, why wouldn't it? This way if you're looking for Cosmic, you get a choice of two adjacent classes.
  • I'm going mystic/science because
    A. I don't really have any very good 5* science
    B. I want a dupe on my doom

I'll be going after the same crystal for similar reasons, yet opposite class wise.

A. I don't have much in the way of Mystics
    B. I really want a Doom in general, lol

My 5* Science roster is pretty well stacked (CAIW, Gulk, Void, Rulk, Thing, IW, among others). Although I wouldn't be opposed to getting a Human Torch or Quake 😁. Hopefully these Dual Class Crystals help fill in those missing champs. Once I'm satisfied with my Mystic roster, next up will be Cosmic/Tech as I'm still chasing Corvus Glaive, lol.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Late July early August would ideally mean the coming update, which should mean like 1st week of August (1st or 2nd August)

Update will drop on august 3rd
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    crogs said:

Aayush19 said:

Correct
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

Or maybe the question should be, why wouldn't it? This way if you're looking for Cosmic, you get a choice of two adjacent classes.
    The correct order is:
    Mutant/skill
    Science/mystic
    Cosmic/tech
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

Aayush19 said:

Correct
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

Thats better than only 3 choices, but i still think it should rotate with more choices, maybe a purchase restriction can be added per cycle.

crogs said:

Aayush19 said:

Correct
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

The correct order is:
    Mutant/skill
    Science/mystic
    Cosmic/tech
    Again.... I'm saying what it should be. Don't care what it is. That would be the proper way to do it so it aligns with the class days.
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    It would be great to have all the 14 different combination of dual classes but I don’t see it happening
  • Samhawk_1Samhawk_1 Posts: 24
    Gotta day cosmic and tech simply because of the good champions in both. Ghost, Warlock, Guilly 2099, Hype, Corvus, CMM, VTD, etc. Mutant and skull would be good too but many of them need the awakening: Namor, Ægon, Omega, Nick.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

Imma try become uncollected by then so yeah, on 5.2.3 right now..

5.2.4 over here.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    crogs said:

crogs said:

Aayush19 said:

Correct
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

The correct order is:
    Mutant/skill
    Science/mystic
    Cosmic/tech
    Again.... I'm saying what it should be. Don't care what it is. That would be the proper way to do it so it aligns with the class days.
    I guess it doesn't go according to your idea is because game balance.
    You might not see it but your idea is actually make 5* champion acquisition too easy.
    The dual class plan is already good enough for now.

Plus it might require more coding work which is not KABAM's priority right now.

crogs said:

crogs said:

Aayush19 said:

Correct
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

The correct order is:
    Mutant/skill
    Science/mystic
    Cosmic/tech
    The dual class plan is already good enough.
    In your opinion. I just don't agree with that opinion. Is what it is.

crogs said:

crogs said:

Aayush19 said:

Correct
    Mutant/skill
    Skill/Science
    Science/Mystic
    Mystic/Cosmic
    Cosmic/Tech
    Tech/Mutant

The correct order is:
    Mutant/skill
    Science/mystic
    Cosmic/tech
    I guess it doesn't go according to your idea is because game balance.
    You might not see it but your idea is actually make 5* champion acquisition too easy.
    The dual class plan is already good enough for now.

Plus it might require more coding work which is not KABAM's priority right now.
    I just don't agree with that opinion. No big deal. And too hard to code? Really? They already have it done by classes. They have it done in pairs of classes. It's almost as plug and play as it gets. Then again, we've seen how f'd up they can be on things we think are simple. So maybe it took all of their combined brain power to come up with the pairs they currently have. Maybe they did it before AQ and were just so exhausted, the past two days were the result.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    Know diary says late July/early August & some saying next update,...1st week of August,...that'd be gr8. Has kabam confirmed a date/week yet? @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

The Dual Class combos look same as Variant 1. Agree w/ @crogs, rotating (Mutant/Skill, Skill/Science, etc) would give us more options, which is the point of this crystal. Shouldnt be too hard to implement & would be a k.i.simple 6-day rotation. Either way, I still give Kabam credit for creating it & only being 10K shards. :smile:
    Do agree, it's a step in a good direction from them with a limited choice crystal and no premium shard wise.
  • TheCleanerTheCleaner Posts: 28
    Some people I've talked to believe there will be a daily limit on the number of Dual Class Crystals you can buy (1). Some people I've talked to believe there is no daily limit. These are 2 interpretations of the same announcement (below). Has this been clarified anywhere?

Here's the announcement that both points of view are based on:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-champions-of-the-contest/
    Specifically this part:

• TheCleanerTheCleaner Posts: 28
    PS: I'm going Skill/Mutant because I need Nick Fury. I appreciate Kabam's innovation with this crystal and how it made my odds much higher of getting the champ I want/need the most!

Of course, we all know MCOC RNG & with my 100K shards I'll get both Cyclops, a Falcon or two, DD Netflix, Hawkeye, Bucky, Beast, and my best pull of all will be Magneto. I will then spiral into a pit of despair and move into a cave and live off the drippings from the ceiling. But I'm really excited about these crystals.
    Do agree, it's a step in a good direction from them with a limited choice crystal and no premium shard wise.

Some people I've talked to believe there will be a daily limit on the number of Dual Class Crystals you can buy (1). Some people I've talked to believe there is no daily limit. These are 2 interpretations of the same announcement (below). Has this been clarified anywhere?

Here's the announcement that both points of view are based on:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-champions-of-the-contest/
    Specifically this part:

I don't get a limit out of that at all. I see it as each class pairing is one crystal. I imagine they would put a limit on it though as it's an advantage over the regular crystal. Just like you can't load up on 11k featured with sigel.
  • ClashyKnightClashyKnight Posts: 58
    I desperately need skill, but I also want a good mystic, so I would go skill/mystic
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    With all the issues the game is having just simply running I'm pretty sure that crystal will be pushed back. Pro player things will be the first thing to get pushed in a situation like this.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★

With all the issues the game is having just simply running I'm pretty sure that crystal will be pushed back. Pro player things will be the first thing to get pushed in a situation like this.

Unfortunately, I was thinking the same thing. Hoping it's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212

One doubt, will the two classes always be together?
    type exemple
    mutant / skill , or alternate? arriving once mutant / mystical or cosmic mutant?