**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

What’s gonna happen if go one tier down, bc of a missing an AW ?

Comments

• Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    You are basing this on if you should win this war? If you lost then you would have went down so you can’t guess the outcome.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,365 ★★★★★
    Kerem said:

Kerem said:

No one is playing so no one is moving on the Leaderboard.

I don’t think you’ve read what I wrote.. stop kissing and say the true..
    Mate youre saying that because EVERYONE missed 1 war, everyone should get placed 1 rank higher. That makes no sense at all.
    I’m a summoner who has been sleeping with the phone and waking up with the phone and checking the aq & aw last 5 years. Please take ur time and think about few more times pls. I’m really surprised how come can someone say “it does make no sense”
    I think you should take some time, re-evaluate your life, and re-think what you posted. Everyone is trying to tell you how wrong you are. They eliminated the 1 war for EVERYONE. Everyone is in the same spot as they were before. If you drop down anytime during the rest of the season, it's 100% your fault.

There is only a 5k shard loss from masters 1 to plat 4. Dropping from Plat 4 to Gold 1 results in a difference of 2500. You don't even know what AW season rewards are and you are saying everyone is losing 5k. Put the phone down, walk away and come back with some common sense.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

Mate youre saying that because EVERYONE missed 1 war, everyone should get placed 1 rank higher. That makes no sense at all.
    I’m a summoner who has been sleeping with the phone and waking up with the phone and checking the aq & aw last 5 years. Please take ur time and think about few more times pls. I’m really surprised how come can someone say “it does make no sense”
    I think you should take some time, re-evaluate your life, and re-think what you posted. Everyone is trying to tell you how wrong you are. They eliminated the 1 war for EVERYONE. Everyone is in the same spot as they were before. If you drop down anytime during the rest of the season, it's 100% your fault.

There is only a 5k shard loss from masters 1 to plat 4. Dropping from Plat 4 to Gold 1 results in a difference of 2500. You don't even know what AW season rewards are and you are saying everyone is losing 5k. Put the phone down, walk away and come back with some common sense.
    Please address my post above where it shows they are not wrong in that it does affect the standings. just in a way we do not know and cannot really account for.
  • Options
    KeremKerem Posts: 140
    Lormif said:

Kerem said:

people move up and down because they win or lose a war and other alliances also win and lose wars.

that is exactly what happens here.

I’m agree the part that you have said. But points is one aw can change the result of season rewards !! Yeah, you can say that might be an advantage for me and my alliance but I don’t play for to lose tho..
    but it cant change your season standings.
    your season position is ranked against all other alliances.
    every single alliance gets 0 points this war.
    its exactly the same as if the season was only 11 wars long.
    its exactly the same as if kabam gifted every alliance 10000000 season points.
    you miss the war, i miss the war, every alliance misses the war.
    we all stay the same relative to each other.
    it affects noones seasons standing at all
    It can change your season standings. The problem with the "its the same as if every alliance was gifted x season points" is if the war happened not everyone would have received the same amount of points, and therefore it DOES affect the season standings.
    I haven’t said every alliance should get x points!! I said bc of a missing aw that will change the leaderboard at the end of the season!! It might be an advantage or disadvantage
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

Please address my post above where it shows they are not wrong in that it does affect the standings. just in a way we do not know and cannot really account for.
    Because your example is too simplified. We can't take into account what the 1 war that was eliminated meant. So the season is based on 1 less war overall. That war doesn't mean anything now. No one lost anything nor gained anything from eliminating 1 war. With 4 wars remaining, people can still move up or down like they would have anyway with 5 wars remaining. The point spreads for each alliance is way more broad than what you put.
  • Options
    Kerem said:

Lormif said:

Kerem said:

people move up and down because they win or lose a war and other alliances also win and lose wars.

I’m agree the part that you have said. But points is one aw can change the result of season rewards !! Yeah, you can say that might be an advantage for me and my alliance but I don’t play for to lose tho..
    but it cant change your season standings.
    your season position is ranked against all other alliances.
    every single alliance gets 0 points this war.
    its exactly the same as if the season was only 11 wars long.
    its exactly the same as if kabam gifted every alliance 10000000 season points.
    you miss the war, i miss the war, every alliance misses the war.
    we all stay the same relative to each other.
    it affects noones seasons standing at all
    It can change your season standings. The problem with the "its the same as if every alliance was gifted x season points" is if the war happened not everyone would have received the same amount of points, and therefore it DOES affect the season standings.
    I haven’t said every alliance should get x points!! I said bc of a missing aw that will change the leaderboard at the end of the season!! It might be an advantage or disadvantage
    That comment was not directed to you. Please pay attention to who replies are too.
  • Options
    Stara99 said:

You are basing this on if you should win this war? If you lost then you would have went down so you can’t guess the outcome.

Stara99 said:

Yes. I haven’t said other than you have said
  • Options

Lormif said:

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

Because your example is too simplified. We can't take into account what the 1 war that was eliminated meant. So the season is based on 1 less war overall. That war doesn't mean anything now. No one lost anything nor gained anything from eliminating 1 war. With 4 wars remaining, people can still move up or down like they would have anyway with 5 wars remaining. The point spreads for each alliance is way more broad than what you put.
    You do lose something, you lose the point difference in that war between you and the other alliances. the 1 war meant that a 25 point difference, and there fore a rank was lost. yes you can still move up and down, but not to the degree that you could have with the extra war. Yes the point spread is larger than what I point, but so is the difference isn the points gained, in fact that more than makes up for the difference.

Everyone not being able to do a war changes the final standings, there is no way to argue against that mathematically, because in a war roughly half the people will win and the other half will lose, causing point differences. Giving everyone equal points, or no points, does not address that.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

You do lose something, you lose the point difference in that war between you and the other alliances. the 1 war meant that a 25 point difference, and there fore a rank was lost. yes you can still move up and down, but not to the degree that you could have with the extra war. Yes the point spread is larger than what I point, but so is the difference isn the points gained, in fact that more than makes up for the difference.

Everyone not being able to do a war changes the final standings, there is no way to argue against that mathematically, because in a war roughly half the people will win and the other half will lose, causing point differences. Giving everyone equal points, or no points, does not address that.
    No you don't. Just pretend that season is 11 wars long. That's what it equates to.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

No you don't. Just pretend that season is 11 wars long. That's what it equates to.
    But then you are ignoring reality just to make the what you want be the new reality. It does affect the season, cause seasons are 12 wars long, not 11.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

But then you are ignoring reality just to make the what you want be the new reality. It does affect the season, cause seasons are 12 wars long, not 11.
    Most seasons are 12 wars now. This one is now 11. The same argument can be made during a 12 war season. "1 more war would put us in Plat 2". You don't truly know that because its theoretical. Your example includes 2 alliances but that's not how the leader boards work. There's 1500 alliances in Gold 1. There's no way a 2 alliance example is a clear picture of what will happen. The only thing that you can say now is that we have 4 wars to make moves.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

Most seasons are 12 wars now. This one is now 11. The same argument can be made during a 12 war season. "1 more war would put us in Plat 2". You don't truly know that because its theoretical. Your example includes 2 alliances but that's not how the leader boards work. There's 1500 alliances in Gold 1. There's no way a 2 alliance example is a clear picture of what will happen. The only thing that you can say now is that we have 4 wars to make moves.
    My example is fine, it does not matter how many there are, those 2 would be in different positions. It changes the war outcome, the issue is not that. The issue is that you cannot account for it, therefore keeping the prizes the same is a fair outcome.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

if no one is playing any wars no one wins or loses, nothing changes.....
    if you are 1000WR you will remain 1000WR as will everyone else.
    the tier you are is based on where everyone is.
    if no one moves, nothing changes.

NO WARS FOR ANYONE MEANS EVERYONE STAYS AS THEY ARE.

if in a sport competition one team has a bye then they move up or down depending of if the competition awards a win or 0 points for the bye.
    however if one full round is cancelled the leaderboard stays exactly as it is as nothing has changed.

Don’t forget it’s a CORRECTION SEASON.
    Having a war cancelled, for some shafted (last seasons) allies that will now constantly rising, will may result in a bracket loss. I’m in one of those allies and this one war minus, may result for us not reaching g2 and instead place g3 from s1. And vice versa, some descenting allies will be saved by the bell, and place a bracket over that they would if all wars were played for season.
    Hope people have the minimum intelligence needed to understand those issues 😠
    Season should be extended by one war to make up for the missing. That would be the fair to be done. Not easy, fast and ultimately unfair fixes.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
    Wish i could disagree 1000 times with OP but alas, once once 🙁. The idea that all plat 1 alliances should get masters rewards, and so on, is insulting and just awful
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    @Kerem Your point about one war making a difference is 100% correct. it makes a huge difference. Especially during a season where they halved everyone's war rating. Early match-ups were more likely to be lopsided than later match-ups. Some people had really easy wars in the first half; some people had really tough wars. The effect that those lopsided match-ups have at the end of the season is amplified when there are less wars at the end to even it out.

However, your proposed solution doesn't address the problem at all. For every alliance that is a tier below where they should be, there is an alliance a tier above where they should be. Does the alliance that is overperforming and/or benefitting from a cancelled war deserve even better rewards? Probably not.

I think Kabam has done this in the past but if they choose to address War Rankings at the end of the season, they can make so that if you ranked worse this season than you did last season, you get the ranking from last season. If you do better, then you get the better ranking.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Lormif said:

For you guys saying this will not affect final war standings, here is a very simple explanation of why you are wrong.

Say you hvae a 4 war season, you max out at 100 points, just to keep things mathmatically simple.

Alliance A

Match 1: Win 100 pts
    match 2: Lose 50 pts
    Match 3: Win 100 Pts
    Match 4: Win 100 pts

Alliance B
    Match 1: Wins 100 pts
    Match 2: Lose 75 pts
    Match 3: Lose 95 pts
    Match 4: Wins 100 pts.

If the season is full alliance B has 370 points so will be higher in the rankings than alliance A at 350
    If the second war is removed because of an issue the standings change. Alliance A will have 300 points and alliance B will have 295.

This shows that removing a war DOES affect standings.

While it affects the standings the issue with Karem's argument is that you cannot know how it will affect the standings.

That argument only stands if the war was played. Without playing the war it doesn't hold up.

Everyone can just look at this as the season was paused as nothing happened on week 7, everyone hadva bye
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Frosty said:

Lormif said:

For you guys saying this will not affect final war standings, here is a very simple explanation of why you are wrong.

Say you hvae a 4 war season, you max out at 100 points, just to keep things mathmatically simple.

Alliance A

Alliance B

If the season is full alliance B has 370 points so will be higher in the rankings than alliance A at 350
    If the second war is removed because of an issue the standings change. Alliance A will have 300 points and alliance B will have 295.

While it affects the standings the issue with Karem's argument is that you cannot know how it will affect the standings.

That argument only stands if the war was played. Without playing the war it doesn't hold up.

Everyone can just look at this as the season was paused as nothing happened on week 7, everyone hadva bye
    Except for alliances that are reclaiming their lost season placement from previous matchmaking. This “bye” might be critical for placing a bracket lower. It’s more serious for many allies than people think 😠
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

if no one is playing any wars no one wins or loses, nothing changes.....
    if you are 1000WR you will remain 1000WR as will everyone else.
    the tier you are is based on where everyone is.
    if no one moves, nothing changes.

NO WARS FOR ANYONE MEANS EVERYONE STAYS AS THEY ARE.

if in a sport competition one team has a bye then they move up or down depending of if the competition awards a win or 0 points for the bye.
    however if one full round is cancelled the leaderboard stays exactly as it is as nothing has changed.

Don’t forget it’s a CORRECTION SEASON.
    Having a war cancelled, for some shafted (last seasons) allies that will now constantly rising, will may result in a bracket loss. I’m in one of those allies and this one war minus, may result for us not reaching g2 and instead place g3 from s1. And vice versa, some descenting allies will be saved by the bell, and place a bracket over that they would if all wars were played for season.
    Hope people have the minimum intelligence needed to understand those issues 😠
    Season should be extended by one war to make up for the missing. That would be the fair to be done. Not easy, fast and ultimately unfair fixes.
    There's no way you can know if you'll reach G2. You might lose every war for the rest of the season. What if they add a war at the end to count for season and you lose and drop down? Then you'll be mad they added the extra war and you lost out on rewards. It's a never ending cycle with people with your mentality. Always someone else's fault.
  • Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Alliance A

Alliance B

But as everyone is affected the same,
    And therefore noones position moves,
    The effect is moot.
    It is a non issue.
  • Options

Kerem said:

Kerem said:

You might be right that I should’ve put my phone down !!
    Not everyone is trying to tell me I’m wrong. seems like you need to check it out !!
    Yes, everyone is in the same spot but missing an AW or getting additional one extra may result going down or up a bracket !!
    I never felt like that was a fault when I lost any rewards. It’s all good as long as if it’s fair!!

I don’t really know when I said “everyone is losing 5k” or where did you see that I said !!??
    lol that’s funny cause I wouldn’t even say anything or respond if I knew someone who doesn’t even know the season rewards !!
    if you still looking for a common sense lemme tell you one more last time “ missing an AW or playing extra one , that may change a bracket” I hope you get it.. if not that just make me sad for you..
  • Options

There's a very plan simple response. Ive got no idea why people are arguing about this.

Yes. There's 1 less war for you to move up. There's also 1 less war for you to down.

No one has moved. There is no advantage or disadvantage. Stop crying about this war. We might not even get a next war if theres no solution anytime soon.

A less gimme gimme I want the world solution would be this. We add 1 war onto the end of this season, delaying the season by 2 days.. but just a guess.. you won't agree with that?

Some people are just manipulating and acting like that’s normal. All I said was that missing AW will change the result where you end up the season for a lot of people. That’s all