**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why the hate for Civil Warrior?

2»

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Why the hate for civil warrior? His immunities take ages to ramp up, his power control is nice but inferior to every other strong power controller, his heal block is nice but is inferior to most heal block champs, and his damage is pretty abysmal
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Meh - you’re overratinf him immensely. Many champions do what he does much better.
    He slapped my momma with his meaty appendage.

Monstrous ear lobes, that one.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Rogue can Power DRAIN on spec 2

bruh it’s a two year old thread
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    He’s properly rated - just an average champion.
    dollar store vision imo.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    He's okay as is, but
    1) increase armor duration to make it easier to convert to passive armor
    2) give an attack boost per passive armor
    and I would prefer him to Vision.

He is right on the edge of being a great character.

As is, he can get you through all the early content.
  • AzenstarAzenstar Posts: 57
    Meh - you’re overratinf him immensely. Many champions do what he does much better.
    Sold him twice :D
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Let’s all be honest.
    Civil Warrior in 2020 is a dud 😉
  • ClashyKnightClashyKnight Posts: 58
    I see where you're coming from, but if you're doing endgame content, he's just not worthy enough attack-wise.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I think he need tuneup
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    you specifically mentioned arena. a reliable power drain is great for arena. however when it comes to real content, he does no damage. when you do no damage, you have to do something to make up for it, and civil warrior does nothing.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    It takes my 2/34 over 700 hits to do a bit over 300k damage(ROL WS down to 30%. I got so bored that I purposely got hit), For comparison, my duped medusa only took 300 hits to solo ROL WS.
  • LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    edited July 2020
    You’re - right he’s much better than people give him credit for.
    He should hit way harder. He's CAP in an IRONMAN suit. This guy should be way stronger and maybe incorporatea few more energy attacks. That being said, his utility is decent. My main beef is the sound his shield makes on hits. Sounds like a garbage can lid.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I say he is good although I would like to see his awakened ability be: for every permanent armor up he does X% more damage and passive he will take the permanent armor ups from the previous match and turn it into regular armor ups in the next match
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    When people mention arena for any champ 🤦‍♂️
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    You’re - right he’s much better than people give him credit for.
    He's a beast with his utility, armor up, etc, but he needs a tune-up and a few new abilities
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Gotszbot said:

When people mention arena for any champ 🤦‍♂️

Some champs aren’t good even at arena.
    Wet noodles with many non damaging debuffs (trigger willpower on opponent) make fights long or even worse, put your streak on risk 😉
    Bright examples are CA and Miles Morales along with some others
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    I’d say he needs a damage boost more then anything. I don’t think he does anything particularly well or better then anyone else so giving him more utility over damage alone probably won’t incentivize players to use him more, but I do think he does enough as he is now that that simple damage boost would be enough.

A little damage boost and the percent bumped up on his abilities, especially on his resistance to bleeds and poisons, would be amazing for him, but without his sp1 being changed to remain practical. As he is now it takes a little too long to build up his debuff resistance without constantly spamming sp1s which is just boring and slow when it’s needs to be more accessible for players to chose him over an actual immune champion. To keep it in spirit debuffs could also give him an attack or crit rate boost since it’s still Steve in there, I mean come on my guy could do this all lol.
    He would be a more offensive upgrade of the old Captain Americas where instead of gaining better defensive abilities from their sig abilities he gains offensive ones.

From what I’ve noticed is that players want high utility and high damage or decent utility and high damage over high utility and low damage or even average damage, its a hard line to walk.