**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I am the worst mcoc player ever. How do i improve?

This pic is my roster.
Hey guys ive been playing the game on and off for 5 years and im still not uncollected. My roster is good enough so no whining there but my skill is so bad and i dont know why im not improving at the game. Im currently stuck on Act 5.2.2. I really dont like the long fights as i find that i lose concentration and slip up badly. Any advice would be appreciated as i feel i'll never become uncollected.

Comments

• Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    It would help a lot to know what you’re doing wrong (or think you’re doing wrong). Are you struggling to time your parries? Bait specials? Land intercepts? Dex tricky animations? If you clarify the mechanics that are giving you trouble, then we might be able to give some pointers.
  • Bolt_3Bolt_3 Posts: 38
    I can dex and parry well but im really struggling with the power shield node which makes fights really long and i cant concentrate long enough and slip up.
    Gotcha. One more thing: is there any sort of consistency in the way that you slip up (missing a parry, getting intercepted, etc.) or is it pretty random for the most part?
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    When you get to 5.2.4 it gets even tougher. You need to get used to the long fights,..practice intercepting and evading specials cause parry can become a bit of a crutch,..and bro rank up champs through AQ glory,..invest in your champs and be determined,..the collector is another milestone which needs determination and usually pots revives and a stash of units...best of luck with everything.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Also grind arenas,..get units and invest in the appropriate masteries.
    I feel embarassed because there are players with weaker rosters than mine who are uncollected
    @Hoodie25 Yeah i keep getting intercepted by Juggs
  • CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 ★★
    Don't worry. I've personally had trouble with consistently intercepting for a very long time. Just keep practicing and watch some POV videos on YT. Highly recommend Dork Lessons if you need help with parrying, intercepting, dexing, etc. BTW learning how to interecept before 5.2.4 masochism will make your life a lot easier. The collector is a bs fight, so don't give up if you can't beat him the first time. Magik was my mvp for most of the fights, but Vision and DV are also great power controllers. Becoming uncollected is not meant to be easy, but it is definitely worth it for the monthly eq.
    @Bolt_3 in that case, although I’m just guessing, it sounds like you may be over committing. The best times to dash in, generally, are either after your opponent has just thrown a special or a heavy attack, or when they have just dashed back (if the AI does this, their next move will typically be to either hold block or dash forward, meaning you either hit their block or land an intercept). One thing to be aware of is that while most opponents won’t throw specials out of their block, some do (like sabertooth sp1 and killmonger sp2, for example), so you’ll have to adjust for those guys. Although there are more complicated dashing techniques (like stand up intercepts), don’t worry about them just yet - those are typically reserved only for fights where they are absolutely necessary, as they can be fairly high-risk. So as it stands, try to make sure that one of those conditions is present before you dash in, and it should help you avoid being intercepted by your opponent. Of course, in jugg’s case, dashing in after special attacks isn’t an option because of the unstoppable, so stick to punishing his heavy and dashing in if he dashes back (side note: when I pause ever so slightly after they’ve jumped back before I dash forward, I find it increases my chances of landing an intercept). Sorry if that was a lot to take in, but hopefully at least some of it helps!
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    You are at level 48.
    Have you 100% Act 4?

If not, I would do that and get to level 60.
    Then optimize your masteries.
    Use lots of experience boosts.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I have been playing off and on for almost 6 years and just got uncollected so don’t worry. You get better quickly just by playing anything
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    unofficial kabam Mike on YouTube has some pretty good fight tips. try not to be overaggressive, but don't let the opponent control the fight. I know that sounds nebulous, but just try not to get flustered. keep reminding yourself of your amazing life and handsome face and flowing hair. confidence is key, especially in long fights
    Thank you guys for the help, i really appreciate it. after some attempts i am now on 5.2.4 and am practicing dealing with masochism.