**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

OC MCOC Character: Nathan Oreb (El Salvador)

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I saw a few posts now where people create their own MCOC characters and I wanted to give it a stab! I’m taking five characters from my novel and adapting them into MCOC characters (Which is easy since they already have superpowers). Let me know what you guys think!
Here’s the first of the five: Nathan Oreb (El Salvador).
Nathan Oreb (El Salvador)
Class: Mutant
#Metal #Elite #TheCavalry #Small #Control #DamageOverTime
Stats
5/65 Sig200
PI: 10567
Health: 29,654
Attack: 2,467

3/45 Sig200
PI: 13589
Health: 38,763
Attack: 3,083

Crit Rate: 30%
Crit Damage Rating: 220%
Armor: 10%
Block Proficiency: 70%

An Elite—humans and their descendants who were mutated by a wave of cosmic radiation in the late 22nd century—Nathan Oreb used his telekinesis to work as a hit-man for notorious cartel leader Julio Vasquez to pay for his ailing father’s cancer treatments. After an altercation caused Nathan to turn against Julio, Nathan teamed up with some fellow Elites and formed The Cavalry. Under the mantle El Salvador, Nathan and his Cavalry fight to take down Julio’s cartel once and for all.

Nathan’s kit is based around his three prefight abilities, bleeds, and ability accuracy reduction. Before starting each fight, Nathan chooses one of his abilities to focus on: Invisibility, Telekinetic Enhancement, Telekinetic Control. As a Defender, Nathan always fights in Telekinetic Enhancement.

Invisibility: Every time Nathan is struck or evades (dexs) an attack, he has a 10% chance to go Invisible for 5.5 seconds. Invisibility has a cool-down of 10 seconds. While Invisible, Nathan gains Increased Critical Damage (increases by 25%), Guaranteed Crits, and Critical Bleeds. While Invisible all attacks are guaranteed to Miss. Each Miss causes Nathan to lose 5% of his max power. Launching a Special Attack immediately ends Nathan’s Invisibility. All Bleed effects Nathan inflicts during Invisibility are Critical Bleeds. If Nathan reaches 0 power while Invisible, Invisibility’s duration is increased by 5.5 seconds (this effect has a 4 second cool down). If struck by an attack that would Bypass his Miss, Nathan instead evades the attack and Invisibility goes on cool down for 20 seconds.

Telekinetic Enhancement: Nathan uses his telekinesis to bolster his natural abilities. This gives Nathan a 30% increase in attack, 40% increase in Physical and Energy Resistance, a small regen (.25% of max health per tic), 30% Perfect Block Chance, and a 10% chance to evade projectile attacks. In this ability, every time Nathan activates a special attack, he gains a precision passive that increases critical rate by 25%.

Telekinetic Control: In this ability, Nathan uses his telekinesis to control the flow of the battle. Nathan’s heavy attacks can’t be evaded and his special attacks bypass Miss. Nathan’s basic attacks bypass Physical Resistance. Using a heavy attack while the opponent has an active power gain buff immediately nullifies the buff on contact and causes the opponent to become power locked for 8 seconds.

Signature Ability: Hail to the Chief!
Whenever Nathan’s Bleeds would fail to apply due to an immunity, he instead passively degenerates the opponent at up to 100% of the strength of the Bleed that would have applied.

Basic Attacks: Nathan’s light attacks are non contact hits and his medium attacks have a 10% chance to inflict a small shock debuff for 2 seconds (150 per tic, 600 total).
Heavy Attacks: Nathan’s Heavy attacks have a 100% chance to inflict a three second Bleed (250 per tic, 1,500 total).

Nathan takes an additional 50% damage from all forms of incinerate.
Nathan takes 50% less damage from Poisons.

Special Attack 1: I’m Not That Short!
Nathan levitates himself to eye level with the opponent and unleashes a telekinetic blast that knocks the opponent down.
50% chance to inflict Concussion, reducing Ability Accuracy by 50% for 8 seconds. During Telekinetic Control, this chance to place the Concussion is increased to 100% and its potency is increased to 100%. This is increased to 100% chance and 150% AAR against #Metal champions regardless of what prefight was selected. Against Mutant Champions, this attack has 25% chance to inflict Concussion and reduce AA by 40% regardless of what Prefight was selected.
*This attack is best used while in Telekinetic Control as it allows Nathan to guarantee to place the Concussion and better control the flow of the fight*

Special Attack 2: They Call Me Iron Fist
Nathan punches the opponent with a single strike with his metal arm.
100% to inflict a 15 second Bleed (150 damage per tic, 4,500 total). This Bleed can’t stack, but can increase with his current Attack Rating.
Against #Metal opponents, this attack inflicts a second Bleed that deals 100 damage per tic for 8 seconds (1,600 total).
Against Mutant Champions, this attack only has a 25% chance to inflict its Bleed.
*This attack goes best with the Telekinetic Enhancement Prefight since the extra attack rating Nathan gains increases the strength of his Bleed*

Special Attack 3: The Discovered Country
Nathan grabs his opponent and uses his telekinesis to dissemble their molecules, turning them to dust.
After the animation ends, the opponent is inflicted with a Degen passive that deals 200 damage per tic over 50 seconds (10,000 total). This Degen ends prematurely if Nathan is stunned five times or if the opponent dexs five times. This Degen does not affect Mutants.

Synergies:
I Dig The Arm: With Cable and Winter Soldier.
Cable: Cable’s Sp1 has a 50% chance to inflict an incinerate sealing 15% of Cable’s Base Attack over 5 seconds.
Winter Soldier: Winter Soldier’s Arm Attacks have a 20% chance to inflict a Shock debuff for 5 seconds that deals 15% of Winter Soldier’s Current Attack Rating.
Nathan: Nathan’s chance to place a shock debuff on his basic attacks increases by 15%

Man’s Best Friend: With Black Bolt
Black Bolt: Increases the potency of Black Bolt’s Fury and Cruelty by 25%.
Nathan: Increases Nathan’s Attack Increase in Telekinetic Enhancement by 25%.

Grudgemasters: With Hit-Monkey and Punisher
Hit-Monkey: Each Bleed Hit-Monkey inflicts against a #Mercenary opponent has a 45% chance to inflict a second Bleed of the same potency and duration.
Punisher: The first time Punisher would trigger his Endure in a fight against a #Villain, he instead regains 20% of his health. (Giving him two cheat deaths).
Nathan: When Nathan is fighting against a #Metal champion, his bleeds deal a burst of instant bleed damage equal to 10% of his Attack Rating.

I Do It Better: With Mister Sinister
Mister Sinister: Sinister’s SP1 now transfers all debuffs to opponent.
Nathan: Nathan’s Telekinetic hits (light attacks) have a 10% to Lifesteal 10% of the damage done.

The Cavalry: With Lightsmith, Amp, and Championness
All Champions gain an additional 25% attack at the start of the fight if all synergy members are present.
All Champions except for Nathan: The first time activating a special attack in the fight also triggers a 10 second Bleed on the opponent dealing 15% of their base attack over the course of the Bleed.

Hero of the Story: With Phobos
Phobos: Phobos’s Fear Factor starts at 50.
Nathan: The first two times Nathan launches a special attack while Invisible, the Invisibility does not end.

Enemies: With #Metal Champions
All Champions gain 355 additional critical damage rating.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Looks good (though formatting would go a long, long way towards making these more readable), but honestly I was super distracted the entire way by the concept of this book of yours. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been writing? How much have you written so far? Is there anything more you're willing to share? So many questions.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Looks good (though formatting would go a long, long way towards making these more readable), but honestly I was super distracted the entire way by the concept of this book of yours. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been writing? How much have you written so far? Is there anything more you're willing to share? So many questions.

I’ve been writing since I was 13 (almost 21 now). I’ve written a total of six fully finished novels and my debut novel (which is where Nathan comes from) is being published in July 2021(though it is already available for pre order for some reason). It’s called The Elites: The Stolen Child and it’s about a telekinetic hitman (Nathan Oreb) turning against his boss (Julio Vasquez) and trying to save his friend’s kid brother (Nikola) who Julio kidnapped. He joins up with a small group of Elites (people who have superpowers in this universe) and together they try to take down Julio and save Nikola.
  • Looks good (though formatting would go a long, long way towards making these more readable), but honestly I was super distracted the entire way by the concept of this book of yours. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been writing? How much have you written so far? Is there anything more you're willing to share? So many questions.

I’ve been writing since I was 13 (almost 21 now). I’ve written a total of six fully finished novels and my debut novel (which is where Nathan comes from) is being published in July 2021(though it is already available for pre order for some reason). It’s called The Elites: The Stolen Child and it’s about a telekinetic hitman (Nathan Oreb) turning against his boss (Julio Vasquez) and trying to save his friend’s kid brother (Nikola) who Julio kidnapped. He joins up with a small group of Elites (people who have superpowers in this universe) and together they try to take down Julio and save Nikola.
    Where can this be found at for pre-order or purchase?
    edited July 2020

Where can this be found at for pre-order or purchase?
    You can find it by going to Waldorf Publishing’s website and typing “The Elites: The Stolen Child” and it’ll pop up. You can also follow this link https://www.waldorfpublishing.com/s/search?q=The elites
  • Holy year long pre-order batman haha

Holy year long pre-order batman haha

Yeah it’s silly, I have no idea why they put it out for pre-order when it’s still a year out. I didn’t even know that publisher will have preorders available for this long out.
  • Holy year long pre-order batman haha

Yeah it’s silly, I have no idea why they put it out for pre-order when it’s still a year out. I didn’t even know that publisher will have preorders available for this long out.
    Still congrats OP!

Holy year long pre-order batman haha

Still congrats OP!
    Thanks!

Fascinating, I've been writing about a year or two less than you and yet I've only got one book sorta complete, the rest are all just drafts upon drafts. How ever did you get publication secure? I don't like to think about that part of the business so I can focus on making my book as good as it can be, but I know I'll have to face it sooner or later.

Title sounds great, although if I'm being honest the plot sounds like something I've heard twice or thrice before. (As a side note, I find it an interesting coincidence that we both have characters named Ni'kola. Funny how the world works sometimes.) You've only made me more interested though - if this is one, what are the other five finished novels? They must be connected some way, I assume. What's the word count on The Stolen Child? Still, so many questions, sorry if I'm being too nosy lol, it's just not too often that I get to talk with someone who's got more experience with this than I do. I wish you fortune and success once your book releases! :smile:
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    wait, hold up. You’re telling me that two of my favorite people on the forum, @HeroBoltsy and @StevieManWonder, write books?

let me personally thank you for giving me more reading materials. I burn through everything way to fast.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

wait, hold up. You’re telling me that two of my favorite people on the forum, @HeroBoltsy and @StevieManWonder, write books?

let me personally thank you for giving me more reading materials. I burn through everything way to fast.

I looked at the book that was available for preorder, and it looks like exactly my style of book. really cool character design too. I hope your books are successful

I feel like I've mentioned this before, ha. My book's exactly the reason why Storytime had to stop, and I can't say I regret the decision. In fact, I was in the middle of making a post similar to this one for my own character when I got this notification. Mine will hopefully be out same time as Stevie's, though, so don't quite hold your breath yet.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I feel like I've mentioned this before, ha. My book's exactly the reason why Storytime had to stop, and I can't say I regret the decision. In fact, I was in the middle of making a post similar to this one for my own character when I got this notification. Mine will hopefully be out same time as Stevie's, though, so don't quite hold your breath yet.
    I will buy all of y’alls books. First, because I’m supporting people I like, and second because I need more material lol. (And room for said material, but shush)

Fascinating, I've been writing about a year or two less than you and yet I've only got one book sorta complete, the rest are all just drafts upon drafts. How ever did you get publication secure? I don't like to think about that part of the business so I can focus on making my book as good as it can be, but I know I'll have to face it sooner or later.

Title sounds great, although if I'm being honest the plot sounds like something I've heard twice or thrice before. (As a side note, I find it an interesting coincidence that we both have characters named Ni'kola. Funny how the world works sometimes.) You've only made me more interested though - if this is one, what are the other five finished novels? They must be connected some way, I assume. What's the word count on The Stolen Child? Still, so many questions, sorry if I'm being too nosy lol, it's just not too often that I get to talk with someone who's got more experience with this than I do. I wish you fortune and success once your book releases! :smile:
    The Stolen Child word count is around 114,000. Tbf the plot is more in-depth than the little blurb I gave, but with the sheer amount of books out there, it’s bound to sound similar to one or two or three of them. Additionally, it’s the first book in a series, so I like to think that the rest of the series has a more unique plot to it.
    Four of the other five novels are the next books in the series (5 book series) and the other one is the first novel I wrote (which is a horrible story but I’m proud of it since it’s the first time I ever actually finished a book I started).
    I got the publication secured by getting lucky, that’s it really. I originally was getting published by an another author I met on Wattpad who is trying to get his own publishing house off the ground but I ultimately had to sever ties with him due to business reasons I can’t discuss. Now I’m getting published by the company I work for since they needed another book to round out the 2021 lineup and I just so happens to have a fully finished 5 book series ready lol.

Sweet, I can’t wait to read it!
  • Hey StevieManWonder, ideas like this should be confined to our Character Wishlist Thread. If you haven't already, please take a moment to share your suggestion in that discussion.
This discussion has been closed.