**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

EPIC SMACKDOWN EVENT REVIEW

124»

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★

Epic was way too easy. I went in with 6r3 Havok, 6r3 Sym, 6r3 Psylocke, 5/65 Venom, and 5/65 Starky. I ended up losing both Sym and Havok to Diablo and Havok respectively but only because I was careless and pushed them to their sp3s. I didn’t even use Starky. I used Psylocke for Sinister, Fury, and Sparkles.
    Overall, way too easy. It’s good rewards for the difficulty though, but I hope the Omega Rush is a lot harder.

Sorry but you’re a part of the 0.1% of players who’s in that situation
    I promise you that it’s not .1%. Anyone whose capable of exploring UC EQ every month should find this Boss Rush really easy.
    I 100% UC EQ and am having difficulty with this lol. Maybe I should full boost or something
    If you have the counters then it’s fairly straightforward.
    You need a slow champ for Thing and Diablo, an armor or power drain champ for Havok, a heal block champ for Sinister, a mutant champ for Nick Fury and basically anyone for CMM.
    I ended up doing the whole thing with only two champs.
    She Hulk and OG Vision 🙂
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

Epic was way too easy. I went in with 6r3 Havok, 6r3 Sym, 6r3 Psylocke, 5/65 Venom, and 5/65 Starky. I ended up losing both Sym and Havok to Diablo and Havok respectively but only because I was careless and pushed them to their sp3s. I didn’t even use Starky. I used Psylocke for Sinister, Fury, and Sparkles.
    Overall, way too easy. It’s good rewards for the difficulty though, but I hope the Omega Rush is a lot harder.

I promise you that it’s not .1%. Anyone whose capable of exploring UC EQ every month should find this Boss Rush really easy.
    I 100% UC EQ and am having difficulty with this lol. Maybe I should full boost or something
    It is relatively straight forward, but not necessarily easy. Several of the fights are a little "unconventional" in that they challenge players in ways they aren't normally challenged. The Thing fight, for example, requires people to keep track of charges and deal with the unstoppable. I tend to use Blade, because his parry bleed gives me extra options to manage that. But with the node, that's not an option (at least, not a good one) so I'm forced out of my comfort zone a little. Many of the fights do that in different ways that might be more or less challenging to different players.

I had to think about the path a bit and decide not just which champs to bring but also how I was going to play them. If a player isn't used to doing that for difficult content, this is also something that could challenge them more than the typical UCEQ map.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

It is relatively straight forward, but not necessarily easy. Several of the fights are a little "unconventional" in that they challenge players in ways they aren't normally challenged. The Thing fight, for example, requires people to keep track of charges and deal with the unstoppable. I tend to use Blade, because his parry bleed gives me extra options to manage that. But with the node, that's not an option (at least, not a good one) so I'm forced out of my comfort zone a little. Many of the fights do that in different ways that might be more or less challenging to different players.

I had to think about the path a bit and decide not just which champs to bring but also how I was going to play them. If a player isn't used to doing that for difficult content, this is also something that could challenge them more than the typical UCEQ map.
    Slow champs destroy Thing either way.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

Same. With thing I figured I charge Aegon for a few later fights so it helped me get to an 80 persistent combo.

Diablo was remembering when he went unstoppable. Havok was just being aggressive and hope he baited with warlock. At one point he wasn’t baiting at all but I kept parrying with warlock and he kept losing power since he was using his medium.

The fights aren’t easy as everyone is saying. They require thinking and the right counters, it didn’t cost me any items but still require good fighting. I am very intrigued on how we will do 31 fights with only 5 champs on our team. possibly needing more than 5 to counter certain nodes. I hope this is something that can be cleared by people who are skilled and not just deep with resources. Or if it’s at least that many fights in broken down some how. I guess we will find out. I am staying positive
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

Same. With thing I figured I charge Aegon for a few later fights so it helped me get to an 80 persistent combo.

Diablo was remembering when he went unstoppable. Havok was just being aggressive and hope he baited with warlock. At one point he wasn’t baiting at all but I kept parrying with warlock and he kept losing power since he was using his medium.

The fights aren’t easy as everyone is saying. They require thinking and the right counters, it didn’t cost me any items but still require good fighting. I am very intrigued on how we will do 31 fights with only 5 champs on our team. possibly needing more than 5 to counter certain nodes. I hope this is something that can be cleared by people who are skilled and not just deep with resources. Or if it’s at least that many fights in broken down some how. I guess we will find out. I am staying positive
    Only havoc need a counter in this set.. everyone saying u need a slow champ for Thing has no idea how his abilities work and how to bait specials when at 15 stacks - the 33% power gain actually makes him easier as always has a special when at 15.

I mean this had a Diablo as enemy for god sake!

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

I am very intrigued on how we will do 31 fights with only 5 champs on our team. possibly needing more than 5 to counter certain nodes
    Am I missing something? I thought Omega difficulty was combining the final bosses of the boss rushes so it was 5 champs. All of em is going to be crazy.
  • Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

I am very intrigued on how we will do 31 fights with only 5 champs on our team. possibly needing more than 5 to counter certain nodes
    Am I missing something? I thought Omega difficulty was combining the final bosses of the boss rushes so it was 5 champs. All of em is going to be crazy.
    That's what I thought too. It's gunna be a bumpy ride
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

That’s why I mentioned “if you have the counters”.
    For example: I did Thing with She Hulk and it was a fairly easy fight. Without an unstoppable mechanics block champ, if you mess with Thing’s rock stacks/power meter balance you will probably be against the wall being struck to ko.
    Without the proper counters, fights are more than challenging and I can tell very difficult.
    In my opinion it was a very good piece of content 🙂
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    The fights were literally the exact same ones as the boss fights from when the characters were introduced. They weren’t too hard then, and they’re not too hard now.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1324752/#Comment_1324752

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1324755/#Comment_1324755

So Omega is looking to be about as long as all five previous weeks combined, and the individual fights are going to be comparable to the final bosses of each week.
    DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1324752/#Comment_1324752

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1324755/#Comment_1324755

So Omega is looking to be about as long as all five previous weeks combined, and the individual fights are going to be comparable to the final bosses of each week.
    Lol, that long. That kinda changes my perspective on all of this. I thought it was a bit too easy, but if all of them stay around this difficulty level and you combine em, that could be really cool. My fresh new R5 Quake is definitely gonna be putting in some work (I just ran through the whole of this boss rush with her alone). I imagine G99 and Ægon will be great too.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Iryse said:

I found it downright pathetic. the nodes are totally ad hoc and only intended to extremely high skilled players. I dont consider myself high skilled but atleast I have covered cavalier and this was intended to be equivalent to uncollected difficulty. instead, its totally nonsense in my view for any mid to high tier players. Only for certain few players.

I’m an average plat 4 player and blew through it on the first run with no revives.

You’ve got time to practice, research, and get it done. 5/65 Omega is great, just get at it dude.
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I am uncollected, have a decent roster (couple maxed 5* and many R4 5*)... I think that maybe I am only "average" skill level but wow. I don't understand how things are balanced in Summer Smackdown. Beginner Normal and Heroic are so easy you can auto-play them and not lose a Champ then I am struggling to get through Master. Master states you should take in a Team rated at 12,500... I don't think so.. its way harder than that. Master level in Summer Smackdown is harder than Epic quest content. Especially Week 4 / Delta. So based on your post above is Master supposed to be about the level of every fight is a Master level quest boss? And the recommended Team rating of 12,500... is that a per Team member rating or total for all 5.

No need to reply... I think I am just starting to get frustrated with the game. Might be a good idea to take a break from it for a bit, not sure.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Magonus said:

@Kabam Miike I am uncollected, have a decent roster (couple maxed 5* and many R4 5*)... I think that maybe I am only "average" skill level but wow. I don't understand how things are balanced in Summer Smackdown. Beginner Normal and Heroic are so easy you can auto-play them and not lose a Champ then I am struggling to get through Master. Master states you should take in a Team rated at 12,500... I don't think so.. its way harder than that. Master level in Summer Smackdown is harder than Epic quest content. Especially Week 4 / Delta. So based on your post above is Master supposed to be about the level of every fight is a Master level quest boss? And the recommended Team rating of 12,500... is that a per Team member rating or total for all 5.

No need to reply... I think I am just starting to get frustrated with the game. Might be a good idea to take a break from it for a bit, not sure.

all of these bosses are from previous uncollected event quests. if you have r5 5*, you should be able to do it

if you can't get past master difficulty, that's on you unfortunately. each difficulty contains the final bosses for that difficultly from a past eq
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★

Hey All,

This Content is not meant to be easy. Boss Rushes started as content for our end-game players that needed a challenge, and this is an evolution of even that. Additionally, this is not meant to be the difficulty level of Uncollected, but each fight is approximately the difficulty level of a final boss from Uncollected.

Kabam Miike What are you doing?

We need More Word Diversity from a Forum Moderator - Perhaps people could Misinterpret and become DECieved by other Posts...
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Thicco_Mode @Kabam Miike Thanks Thicco. I don't disagree that if I can't get past a level it's on me. Like I said I am avg skill only and will keep practising and get better. The one point I want to restate though in the hopes that Kabam cares and tries to make improvements on their end as well is that the labels they put on "some" of these events (e.g. Master vs. Epic) and MOST especially the Recommended Team Ratings are very very wrong some of the time.

To expand on this point, when I look at Summoner Smackdown - Delta, there are 5 levels of difficulty with 5 levels of Rec. Team Ratings. If the goal is to get across to everyone that hey as you move from left to right they will get harder then missions accomplished. If however, the goal of the labels and ratings to to be more description, accurate and exact as to what moving left to right means then that is where the ball is being dropped. Again, I don't think they are way off all the time just some of the time.

Current / recent examples:

Side Quest Herald of Galactus: Epic label with Team rating of 28,000. I can generall complete, no revives no heals
    Side Quest Smackdown Delta: Master label with Team rating of 12,500. I am finding this noticeably harder that the above. Unable to finish without revives and heals for example.

Another recent one:

The Black Widow events a while back. The ones where you could only take in 2*'s. Those were really great and fun but the label of Epic on them and the Team ratings were nearly the 12,500 listed above yet with 5 2* (actual team rating of 4,000 something) you can complete.

Difficulty labels and Team ratings mean something some of the time and are super misleading and wrong some of the time as well. If the weather says its 30 C / 80 F outside on 3 different days and you step out and its 3 different Temps maybe we need to ensure the Math is more accurate / correct.

Thank-you all
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Magonus said:

@Thicco_Mode @Kabam Miike Thanks Thicco. I don't disagree that if I can't get past a level it's on me. Like I said I am avg skill only and will keep practising and get better. The one point I want to restate though in the hopes that Kabam cares and tries to make improvements on their end as well is that the labels they put on "some" of these events (e.g. Master vs. Epic) and MOST especially the Recommended Team Ratings are very very wrong some of the time.

To expand on this point, when I look at Summoner Smackdown - Delta, there are 5 levels of difficulty with 5 levels of Rec. Team Ratings. If the goal is to get across to everyone that hey as you move from left to right they will get harder then missions accomplished. If however, the goal of the labels and ratings to to be more description, accurate and exact as to what moving left to right means then that is where the ball is being dropped. Again, I don't think they are way off all the time just some of the time.

Current / recent examples:

Side Quest Herald of Galactus: Epic label with Team rating of 28,000. I can generall complete, no revives no heals
    Side Quest Smackdown Delta: Master label with Team rating of 12,500. I am finding this noticeably harder that the above. Unable to finish without revives and heals for example.

Another recent one:

The Black Widow events a while back. The ones where you could only take in 2*'s. Those were really great and fun but the label of Epic on them and the Team ratings were nearly the 12,500 listed above yet with 5 2* (actual team rating of 4,000 something) you can complete.

Difficulty labels and Team ratings mean something some of the time and are super misleading and wrong some of the time as well. If the weather says its 30 C / 80 F outside on 3 different days and you step out and its 3 different Temps maybe we need to ensure the Math is more accurate / correct.

Thank-you all

first of all, team ratings are totally out of wack. I totally agree kabam should try their best to change them and make them more accurate, but the issue is that team rating means very little. also, the summer smackdown is not really a monthly side quest and it is something additional on top of monthly eq and side quest. and the boss rush is copy pasted from the monthly event quest of that difficultly. master boss rush is all the bosses from master monthly event quest. same for all the other difficulties. I find it extremely surprising that you can complete epic side quest but cant do master boss rush lol