**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

V5 mystic boost: conterintuitive?

lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
The buff grants increased stats based on the amount of buffs the opponent has. Most mystic champs use nullify abilities to counter buffs. I find this quite counterintuitive. In order to gain any benefit, I have to purposely not nullify anything.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You can discuss that in the discussion thread made for it. This helps having everything organized.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/215549/back-issues-5-blood-and-venom#latest
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

Guillotine is one of the only champions in the game who is mystic and doesn’t interact with buffs.

Unstoppable colossus 🤪
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Guillotine is one of the only champions in the game who is mystic and doesn’t interact with buffs.

Unstoppable colossus 🤪
    wait a sec if I buy five star UC from the loyalty store and then bring him into chapter 2 if v5, does that I’m going to kick @**?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah it does seem kinda odd, especially for sym supreme, every boost seems tailored to him but he has arguably the strongest nullify in the game which means they’ll never have buffs, unless there’s mystic ward
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah it does seem kinda odd, especially for sym supreme, every boost seems tailored to him but he has arguably the strongest nullify in the game which means they’ll never have buffs, unless there’s mystic ward

mystic ward would make a lot of sense
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Magik will be nice. Keep your buffs, you just can't have any power. Then I'll finish you off with a nice l3.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    You mean chapter 2's buff? Seems like it is more meant for guillotine, you know, considering it's her EQ? Increased chance of bleeds, greater bleed duration, increased power for those s2 and s3.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    This might make me rank up my Guillotine if this is the case. I've always enjoyed the way she looks.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Very nice observation maybe you should design content too
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I’m just gonna use Sorcerer Supreme and just use L2 and L3
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Can’t wait to see Voodoo on it. Placing a Loa every hit, therefore gaining +10% attack and power rate every hit.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Can’t wait to see Voodoo on it. Placing a Loa every hit, therefore gaining +10% attack and power rate every hit.

I was thinking the same thing. He's gonna be amazing.

Etjama said:

I hope people will stop sleeping on voodoo now and start sleeping on their bed. ok that was stupid I'm sorry
    To be fair it'll be the first time I've ever used my 5* Voodoo in any quest. It's not that I've ever thought he's bad, it's more that I just have plenty of other champs that can do content quicker. Just never "needed" him for anything.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Etjama said:

I hope people will stop sleeping on voodoo now and start sleeping on their bed. ok that was stupid I'm sorry
    To be fair it'll be the first time I've ever used my 5* Voodoo in any quest. It's not that I've ever thought he's bad, it's more that I just have plenty of other champs that can do content quicker. Just never "needed" him for anything.
    you dare say other champs are better than voodoo😡. Jokes aside, I definitely agree. a lot of champs can do what he does and better in some scenarios
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    dragonman will shine in this variant.
    Sneakyko said:

Laughs in Diablo gets extra energy damage from buffs and now extra base attack

Omg. Diablo with suicides, 2 potions active and an SP2..... man that could be fun to bring my 6* in for.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Sneakyko said:

Omg. Diablo with suicides, 2 potions active and an SP2..... man that could be fun to bring my 6* in for.
    wait..... a use for my diablo!?

ItsDamien said:

Sneakyko said:

wait..... a use for my diablo!?
    I know... that's scary right?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Made the same observation on the Announcement, so far just had someone telling me stuff written in my own comment...

You'd think the Node Boost would be something like "For Every Buff the Defender has had throughout the fight..." that way whether it's been Nullified, Expired, or Permanent All Mystics would still gain the Boost during the whole fight. Obviously the Potency would have to be reduced in that case to keep it far, but that just seems like it'd make for sense for the "Mystic Chapter" and not the "Only Mystics That Don't Nullify Much Chapter".
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    It seems to me it was made for guillotine, but that would be far to restrictive, so it was expanded to all mystics.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I was expecting this to use my 6* longshot, I don't give a s...
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    No_oneuk said:

dragonman will shine in this variant.

Convenient time to release a champ designed to heat new content
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m excited to see voodoo and man thing on this though, both apply buffs to the opponent like crazy, with voodoo you’ll keep gaining ability accuracy and applying more and more buffs and just enter absurd levels of damage if it works how I think it will